Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:11 AM   #241
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Sasquatch, don't forget Borin's got another brother, Dwalin, according to the Hobbit. He should still be alive, I think.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:50 AM   #242
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

I'm saving that for a later time!

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:54 AM   #243
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Abasi has no parents...makes his history a lot simpler.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 04-15-2008, 12:43 PM   #244
Mari
Elf Lady

Ellysa doesn't know hers. Simple too
Say, are we riding again, or are we still in the camp?

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 04-15-2008, 05:02 PM   #245
Earniel

I think we've just packed up camp and are on the road again. That or we are parading on horse through the camp and that would make no sense at all. Even for this bunch.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #246
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Oh, I don't know. My pretty little white horse with crystals plaited into its hair seems prime stock for parading.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 04-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #247
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Hey, I just had a question, since I'm new to RP here...

I'm a bit uncomfortable with other people playing my characters, even just a little...every word and action of a character says something about their personality, and is in a way a tiny little bit of chracter development.

What are the rules here on doing that? On other boards I RP on, I know this is a big no-no, and is not allowed at all - kind of #1 on the RP'ers 10 Commandments: 'Thou Shalt Not Move/Speak For/or Assume the Actions of Another's Character.'

So I was just wondering what the rules were here?

Not trying to be a pain or anything, just something that bugs me a little and just want to know the rules here!

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 04-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #248
Earniel

The rules depend on the game and who's playing. Usually, a little moving of other people around is accepted here if the characters don't behave too out-of-character. But I've seen games ranging from where everybody could write for other characters to where no one could writing for other people.

I find it usually easiest that people play their own character and are allowed a little moving of other people's character (In my case, as game leader, it is sometimes required) BUT always allowing the characters' owners full editting right. I.o.w. somebody moves your character and you do not agree, you can politely ask to have that changed to what you do find acceptable. The other person should comply with the request. It works well, provided people are polite about it.

Still, it is best to keep your interference with other people character's to the minimum.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:25 PM   #249
Mari
Elf Lady

Rinkë, about your last post, I think we have made camp and aren't riding anymore. At least, that's what I understood from somewhere in Ingwe's post

Old 04-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #250
Earniel

GAME LEADER ANNOUNCEMENT: Everyone, I think I have said this before: please do not start fights or bring in new dark lords without at least consulting me first. I have a story line prepared which I think will take us long enough, but it doesn't do well if Balrogs go popping up all over the place. I know I haven't shared this story line with you yet, because I thought you'd might enjoy it more when things were sprung un you instead of discussed before hand. I can be very accomodating to work in people's idea, really, but at least discuss it with me first, yes? I promise there will be enough battle and interesting enemies ahead. So please, please don't go making ones up on the spot. Pretty please?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:43 PM   #251
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Gotcha. Now that it's here we can't very well leave it running around Greenwood/East Lorien though... just going off of plausibility, my character is going to assume it's an illusion, if that works.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 04-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #252
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Newcomer:)

Hey hey,

I've read through much of the story and I was really intruiged by it so I decided to join your merry company

So my character is Quickleaf. He is an elf and he is 22 (hint hint )

Apparently he lives in Lorien, was sleeping up in a tree when your company passed by, and has now greeted you all! We'll see what happens I guess
Old 04-16-2008, 12:50 PM   #253
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Is he 22 equivalent or just 22? Until they reach their majority elves age at a much slower rate (the ratio is about 2.5years:1year) than humans. If he's really 22 he be about equivalent to a human 7 year old and we'll have to return him to his parents.

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 04-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #254
Earniel

Would it be over-assuming of me to ask if everyone could please stop posting for a moment until we've worked out the Balrog thing? I would very much like to leave it out instead of working our way around it.

Coffeehouse, it's usually customary to introduce you first before jumping randomly in the game. You're welcome to join, but we're not in Lorien.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:58 PM   #255
Mari
Elf Lady

Sure. *zips lips and more importantly, puts her hands behind her back*
MHMhhmmmm *

*meaning: I won't post!

EDIT: And please delete my latest post if it is in the way ^_^ Me no mind

Last edited by Mari : 04-16-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:00 PM   #256
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Ditto. Repair that plothole.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 04-16-2008, 01:08 PM   #257
Coffeehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran View Post
Is he 22 equivalent or just 22? Until they reach their majority elves age at a much slower rate (the ratio is about 2.5years:1year) than humans. If he's really 22 he be about equivalent to a human 7 year old and we'll have to return him to his parents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
Would it be over-assuming of me to ask if everyone could please stop posting for a moment until we've worked out the Balrog thing? I would very much like to leave it out instead of working our way around it.

Coffeehouse, it's usually customary to introduce you first before jumping randomly in the game. You're welcome to join, but we're not in Lorien.
Oh I'm sorry I was under the impression that people had been jumping randomly into it Forgive me

Well Quickleaf is 22 Elf-years I suppose (as in he isn't a kid)
Also from the posting it seemed we were in East Lorien? But if we're not..

Whenever I may join please fill me in on it
Thanx
Old 04-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #258
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
The rules depend on the game and who's playing. Usually, a little moving of other people around is accepted here if the characters don't behave too out-of-character. But I've seen games ranging from where everybody could write for other characters to where no one could writing for other people.

I find it usually easiest that people play their own character and are allowed a little moving of other people's character (In my case, as game leader, it is sometimes required) BUT always allowing the characters' owners full editting right. I.o.w. somebody moves your character and you do not agree, you can politely ask to have that changed to what you do find acceptable. The other person should comply with the request. It works well, provided people are polite about it.

Still, it is best to keep your interference with other people character's to the minimum.
Thanks for the info! I was just a little uncomfortable with Ingwion's long post where he seemed to have Abasi have an entire conversation without my consent.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 04-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #259
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

East Lorien would be the Fourth Age Name for southern Mirkwood. Part of it at least. We may not be far enough south yet, come to think of it... either way, it isn't the same as Lorien, the name East Lorien just indicates that after Dol Guldur was cleansed Thranduil and Celeborn split the territory so that most of Mirkwood is now Greenwood, but the part directly across the river from Lorien is now East Lorien. Make sense?

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 04-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #260
Coffeehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran View Post
East Lorien would be the Fourth Age Name for southern Mirkwood. Part of it at least. We may not be far enough south yet, come to think of it... either way, it isn't the same as Lorien, the name East Lorien just indicates that after Dol Guldur was cleansed Thranduil and Celeborn split the territory so that most of Mirkwood is now Greenwood, but the part directly across the river from Lorien is now East Lorien. Make sense?
Actually yeah I remember reading about the transformation of Mirkwood, when I think about it

I guess I'm a Greenwood elf then
Closed Thread