Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 12:40 AM   #241
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien leaned on the railing of the deck, looking at the black water, a small bottle of rum in hand. Nothing like rum to calm your nerves after an unexpected encounter with an old partner in crime. She figured it was too dark for anyone to recognize her anyways, so coming on deck was no real risk. Once the new crew got into the habit of taking shifts, she could rest her mind for the majority of the night below deck. But right now, she just needed some fresh air. She noticed the stranger that had introduced himself as Koroush get onboard.

Luthien: Evenin' mate. Glad to see you could finally join us. *notices he's a bit bruised and beaten* Care for a swig? *offers her bottle* Nothing relieves pain better than a swig o' rum.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Old 01-27-2005, 06:28 PM   #242
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
OOC: terrible sorry mates, computer fried finally. Glass of water done her in. Not to mention getting horse stomped. Don’t be to rough with Koroush, he is havin a rough time himself.
OOC: This is off topic and an odd request, but do you have a horse pick I can buy off you? You know, for getting dirt out of their hooves? I think that's what it's called...

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Old 01-27-2005, 09:31 PM   #243
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

*Pansy dashed back into the room after receiveing her orders to take the next shift. At least she was already awake and had a fresh cup of tea. She grabbed her magical frying pan from under her bed and tip-toed out on deck. She settled down on deck next to Nurvingiel with her frying pan on her knees.*

Nurvingiel: So...how did you come past that–weapon?

Pansy *sipping*: Oh, well, you see, my father had this rather durable frying pan that had been in the family for years, and soon I found out that it was indestructable.

Nurvingiel: An indestructable frying pan?

Pansy: Yep. I banged it over my brother's head one day, and it didnt even dent! Nothing is harder than my brother's head, but sure 'nough, the pan didn't scratch. Soooooo, Now I carry it around. Its a very valueable weapon.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
Old 01-28-2005, 12:08 AM   #244
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Koroush gladly took the poffered rum and had a swig. "Thank ya kindly! One wild fire that was, a rather unlooked for excersize in my dancing i must say. Kept me from comming as fast as i would have liked. Wonder what started it....." He noted the unease in the woman's eyes, and decided not to pursue the matter any further.

"Say, I didnt quite catch your name mate. And any idea when we set sail?"
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:47 AM   #245
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien: The name's Luthien, and we set sail as soon as the captain gives the order to, which should be in the morning.

She noticed that Koroush had several scrapes and wounds that might impede him in carrying out his pirate duties.

Luthien: Wait 'ere, I'll be right back.

Luthien disappeared below deck, reappearing moments later with a small box in hand.

Luthien: 'ere, let me help you with those. *points to burns and cuts* What use are ya if yer all banged up?
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Old 01-28-2005, 07:38 PM   #246
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Ic: Sicirus slept soundly with Slo-Mo at her side. For some reason Slo-Mo decided he too should be able to sleep on the bunk and not on some old rag on the floor. As the two tossed in turned...And Sicirus falling off of the bed as Slo-Mo tossed and turned and pushed her off, Nno body took notice of the winds starting up again and the waves becoming more violent.

Sicirus: *wakes up as she finds herself on the floor* Stupid dog. *glares at sleeping greyhound then cooes at the cuteness*

Slo_Mo:Snore***

Sicirus: I'll be back I am going to get a bit of Rum before I go back to sleep. Honestly, I need to drink something to drown out that loud snoring of yours.

Sicirus made her way to the her storage and took out an old bottle of Rum and ecided she would join the late nigters outside for a bit of chat. She took her bottle of rum and made her way tot eh top deck. Sicirus nearly flew off her feet as the wind picked up and rocked the Nal gently. Sicirus also saw billows of smoke coming from the old storage house on shore and knew the fire had just ben put out. She made her way towards the new crew mate who was drinking rum along with Luthien and joined them.

Sicirus; Its become wendy all of a sudden....That can't be good luck if you ask me.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:42 PM   #247
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Faligorn tapped the ash out of his pipe before refilling, and walking over to where the rest of the insomniacs seemed to be gathered, noticing Sicirus had just came out on deck
Hail Sicirus! It seems to be quite a storm brewing,
he said, pointing out to the dark clouds gathering on the growing winds
Old 01-29-2005, 09:33 AM   #248
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*After making sure that every one has new blankets and that the old ones get cleaned of biting bugs soon, Eärniel finds out that some of the crew have taken the opportunity to forgo sleeping altogether and aren't in the dorm anymore. She finds she herself doesn't feel like sleeping much either, so she decides to have a look on deck to see what the new crew is getting up too.*

Eärniel: *overhears Faligorn* A storm? Let's hope it'll blow over soon and breaks loose somewhere else or we can find us stuck here in the harbour for days. Not something I'm particulary looking forward too. *spots Koroush* Ah, I see you have turned up rather early, mister. Didn't the captain say you were to come here by noon?

Koroush: Aye, but I think I'm actually right on time, especially since the lass here *nods to Luthien* said you would probably be leaving by morning and then you would 'ave left me standing on the dock alone.

Eärniel: *smiles* Ah, yes, and it would have been a shame, wouldn't it?

Koroush: *shrugs* Your loss especially. Yer ship is in need of some repair and I'm a damn good carpenter.

Eärniel: Glad to hear it, then.

Last edited by Earniel : 01-29-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:12 AM   #249
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*Nurvingiel is roused by the sounds of people talking, activity on the docks, and the general hustle and bustle of the day well under way. She had rested a bit more after Tiny's visit, and was ready to face the day. She made two mental notes - to seek out this excellent rope coil whenever possible, and to talk with Tiny more. She got up and joined the group of people talking about a storm.*

Nurv: I couldn't help but hear mention of a storm... should we get under way? Or try to wait the storm out here? Personally I don't want to get stuck here either...

Eärniel: Yes, we should leave as soon as possible. And now that we're all here... *she looks out to see thoughtfully, perhaps trying to predict when and where the storm would hit*

Nurv (turning to Koroush): And you're the new crew member?

Koroush: Yes, I'm Koroush, the ship's carpenter.

Nurv: Ah, a useful service. I bet you'll be pretty busy, especially if we have to weather this storm. I'm Nurvingiel.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-29-2005, 11:17 AM   #250
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Faligorn turned to the rest of the group
welcome Koroush, would you like some smoke?
he asked, offering a spare pipe and some tobacco
Old 01-29-2005, 11:40 AM   #251
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

XK ambled up the hatch and onto the deck, where the crew were standing around chatting. She spotted Koroush and nodded curtly to him. Keen indeed, he appeared.

XK: Alright everyone. Time to set sail. Ethuiliel, weigh anchor and off we go. I trust you're all versed in your duties now.

With that she smiled at the crew and walked with Eärniel and Luthien to the helm, where she could watch the new crew readying the boat for sail.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-29-2005, 12:12 PM   #252
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Are we not right at the docks? Why would we be anchored? I would imagine we'd be tied up instead... but meh.

*Nurvingiel felt a thrill of excitement at these new orders. They were going to Sea! Now was the time for action, especially from her and the Count. They would need help rasing the necessary sails, but as the trimmers they should take a leadership role. Nurvingiel looked at docks, wondering how they would get themselves out.*

Nurv: Woo! I'll go find the Count!

*They found each other on the deck, both quite excited about the new orders. The ship sprang to life as*

Count: Do you think we should set the main sail? We'll need help with that.

Nurv: That was my thought too, but maybe we should see what the helmswoman needs first.

Count: Good thought.

*There was a stiff breeze across the bow, sometimes from the starboard side and sometimes from port. Pessimistically, Nurvingiel was sure it was ushering in the storm. But they also needed it to get under way. Hastily, they went to the helm.*

Nurv: Luthien, what sails do you need?

Luthien: I want the fore and aft sails, and the jib, but not the square sails.

*The Count and Nurvingiel went to the mizzen mast to raise the foresail first. The rounded up several other crewmates to help them. They rembered the important things Luthien had explained as they untied the sail and made ready to raise the top spar.*

Count: Haul away!

OOC: Insert yourselves here haulers!
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-29-2005, 05:34 PM   #253
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

faligorn started heaving
heeeeave
he called to those around him
Old 01-29-2005, 06:24 PM   #254
Lostyia Delr-Padroot
Enting

Location: on this little place called earth or is it middle earth
co-written with ethuiliel

Lostyia kept a distance from her target keeping an eye on him and another on her surroundings. Soon he reached a ship and got on it. He started talking to some one but she was just out of range. She stayed in the shadows and soon started climbing the anchor (sp) so that no one would detect her.

Ethuiliel walked to the side of the ship and began pulling at the anchor. Either anchors are heavier than I thought, or I'm weaker than I thought she thought, as she pulled with little progress.

Lostyia felt the anchor moving and knew that some one would have to be at the other end. As it got closer she grabbed her rose sword out of her cape, and hit the unsuspecting elf on the head with the blunt of the sword and knocked her unconcious.

Lostyia heard some people talking on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Nurv: I couldn't help but hear mention of a storm... should we get under way? Or try to wait the storm out here? Personally I don't want to get stuck here either...

Eärniel: Yes, we should leave as soon as possible. And now that we're all here... *she looks out to see thoughtfully, perhaps trying to predict when and where the storm would hit*

Nurv (turning to Koroush): And you're the new crew member?

Koroush: Yes, I'm Koroush, the ship's carpenter.

Nurv: Ah, a useful service. I bet you'll be pretty busy, especially if we have to weather this storm. I'm Nurvingiel.
occ: so i am on the boat, someone else's turn. don't forget you charge at me i will fight- lostyia!

ic:
Ethuiliel came to not long after, with a pounding headache. "Intruder!" she yelled.
emokid, i.d. selling -metophysically
she raises her wooden flute to spite pavhowlh.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...e/612f359b.jpg

visit my site at http://cr8tivmind.proboards44.com/
Old 01-29-2005, 06:34 PM   #255
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

*After much heaving (in the "raising the sail" way, not the "seasick" way... yet), the foresail was raised*

Count: Hey, don't go away, we have another one of these to raise.

Nurv: Yes, come back here!

* With a groan, the rest of the new crew moved onto the aft sail*
Old 01-29-2005, 06:36 PM   #256
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

come on gang!
calls Faligorn, motioning to the rest,
lets get this hoisted!
Old 01-29-2005, 07:28 PM   #257
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*The sails came up slowly. The new crew weren't experienced just yet but their enthousiasm to preform well under the observant eye of their captain more than made up for it. However Eärniel's trained eye noticed that the ship wasn't reacting normally to the raised sails, it was turning, as if the anchor was stil weighted.*

Eärniel: *shouts angrily* Ethuliel! Get that anchor up! Now!

*Not immediatly getting a reply, Eärniel jumps down the small stairs leading to the aft deck and runs to Ethuliel's position, only to surprisingly find the crewwoman sitting on the deck, rubbing her head while trying to lift the anchor with her other hand. With everybody's attention to the sails, nobody had seen Lostyia's violent entrance on the ship.*

Ethuliel: If somebody would listen while I shout! Somebody knocked me out and I dropped the achor again again! It wasn't my fault! We have an intruder aboard!

Eärniel: *curses and growls* That on top of all things. He'll have to wait until we get the Nal out of the harbour in one piece, after that it won't be his best day.

Ethuliel: It's a woman.

Eärniel: Whatever, that changes nothing. *shouts on top of her longs* Captain! We have an intruder! A woman!

*Together, Ethuliel and Eärniel lift the heavy anchor in time to prevent any damage.*

Last edited by Earniel : 01-29-2005 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:47 AM   #258
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*The foresail was raised, and the Count and Nurvingiel snugly coiled and tied all loose ropes. Cries of 'Intruder' could be heard on the ship. 'Heh, they're not going far,' thought Nurvingiel. 'Now that we know they're here it's only a matter of time.' She ship was slowly moving away from the docks, smoothly now after a bit of a jerky start.*

Nurvingiel: I think it's more important to raise the other sails Luthien needs than to find the intruder at the moment. I think we should be away from land when that storm hits.

Count: (eyeing the sky dubiously) Aye, well, we only have two more.

Nurvingiel: I'll go raise the jib.

*Nurvingiel was sure she could do this one by herself since it was much smaller and didn't have a spar. It was still the largest sail in the front, but she could handle it. She mulled over this information as she went to the bow, where Eärniel and Ethuiliel had just raised the anchor. Ethuiliel was clearly nursing a head injury.*

Nurvingiel: What hapenned?

Ethuiliel: The intruder... she knocked me over the head.

Eärniel (angrily): This will not go unpunished. You just worry about that sail for now.

Nurvingiel (untying the sail): Aye.

*She had heard some of the crew saying "aye" and she wanted to try it out too. The sail, freed from the ropes, flopped down on the deck. Nurvingiel started hoisting it, finding it more difficult the higher it got. She still needed to practice her technique with the rope much more to be more efficient and smooth. But up it went, and she neatly tied it down and coiled the rope.*
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 01-30-2005 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:47 PM   #259
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Sicirus was at once going to work as the captian gave word for the Nla to ship off. She collected her bottles and tossed them in her room and ran back out follwed by Slo-Mo who had just woken up. Sicirus ran over to the extra ropes holding the ship to the docks and untied each of them and coiling them up in a safe place that was out of the way of moving crew members. (Oc: Where I live we tie the boats and ships up with ropes to the docks as extra means of making sure they don't float off.) She then went toraise the anchor but found her friend already performing the job. Yet as the anchor was raised up someone else came up along with it and knocked Ethuiliel out and ran away. Without thinking Sicirus persuid.

Sicirus: Nobody knocks my friends out without my permission first. *She followed the women down tot he lower level of the Nal then through the supply rooms and both of the women crashed throigh objects to move.*

The women truned to Sicirus and drew out a rather odd looking weapon. Sixirus at once drew her sword and stood in her fighting possesion. The women had light green skin and her hair was orange and blue!

Sicirus: Why are you breaking onto our ship mate? But now that ye is here you can never leave....alive!

oc: If this is a little too much tell me.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:06 PM   #260
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Tiny: Captain Zen....When is it Time to cook for my fellows?
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Closed Thread