Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-18-2004, 10:05 AM   #241
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Well looks like hes staying put in LA which was probably his intention all the time. I dont think he ever seriously entertained jumping to the Clippers really. With Shaq gone he can be the man officially now and hes getting more money so it all works out fine for him. Im glad Coach K turned down the coaching position at LA. I think that would have been a real loss for college basketball and a team like LA may have given him serious head aches trying to keep all the egos placated (assuming Shaq would have agreed to stay if he came to coach them).

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
Tracy McGrady went to Houston and Orlando got Steve Francis - and there were other players involved but I can't keep track anymore. Houston probably got the bigger 'star' - but Orlando got someone with his head screwed on a little tighter, IMHO.
I dont know about that. I think Francis can be as much of a prima dona as McGrady can be. perhaps worse. Hes got a bad reputation for over reacting to things and pouting and being a baby at times. McGrady could do very well in a situation like Houston which has other stars to take some of the load off of him and he does get all depressed about being an a horrible team. But I guess we'll see what happens next season.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:00 PM   #242
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Well USABasketball better get their butts in gear. Brown has his hands full. Did they really get blown out by Italy?!

Old 08-05-2004, 04:40 PM   #243
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Who's on the team?
Old 08-05-2004, 05:13 PM   #244
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

http://www.nba.com/pretour/usab2004_training_tour.html

USA BASKETBALL 2004 OLYMPICS ROSTER:
PG: Stephon Marbury, Dwyane Wade
SG: Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony
SF: Richard Jefferson, LeBron James
PF: Lamar Odom, Shawn Marion, Carlos Boozer
C: Tim Duncan, Amare Stoudemire, Emeka Okafor
Coach: Larry Brown

kind of an undersized bunch if you think about it. Especially with Okafor hurting. Duncan is the only true center and hes not even a true center.
The only two original members of this team: Iverson, Duncan

NBA players who were on 2004 USA Olympic Basketball team but withdrew: Jason Kidd (recovering from knee surgery), Ray Allen (getting married. lame excuse!!), Tracy McGrady (Olympic "security concerns"), Karl Malone (healing from injury, emotional strain from mom passing away), Jermaine O'Neal (banged up from playoffs), Mike Bibby (no one is really sure of reason).

Kobe Bryant was going to be on the team but withdrew due to scheduling problems (his case).

These NBA players declined invitations to join USA Olympic Basketball team: Vince Carter, Kenyon Martin, Elton Brand, Shaquille O'Neal, Kevin Garnett, Richard Hamilton, Ben Wallace.

Old 08-05-2004, 09:17 PM   #245
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Tha's an interesting bunch! Larry Brown does have plenty of food for thought! Good luck Team USA!
Old 09-02-2004, 12:12 PM   #246
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

KB: Oh... YOU thought it was forced?!?!?? And here I thought it was all consensual! See... just a silly, big ole misunderstanding!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 05:36 PM   #247
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Hey wake up out there. Its opening day and no ones posted anything here yet. Thoughts on the upcoming season? Predictions? Is Miami gonna be a force with Shaq now? Is Minnesota finally gonna get to the promised land? Is Detroit actually better then they were last year? I think they might be. Where is Jason Kidd going to land? Hows LaBron gonna do in his sophomore year? Is Kobe gonna be able to drag the Lakers to 50 wins now that the rest of the team has fractured? Can Sacramento take advantage of the vacuum before they fracture? MVP? Rookie of the Year? Lets hear it.

Old 11-02-2004, 07:04 PM   #248
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Reggie Miller's got a cast on. Jermaine O'niel's on the injured list too, errr..Jeff Foster...injured...
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:13 PM   #249
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Maybe it's a year for a big 'Changing of the Guard'???

'cept I still think the Bulls will be about no good!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 12:22 AM   #250
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Ha! Pacers BEAT Detroit! Detroit should be stripped of their next 10 home games. I hope all the stinking "fans" who punched and pummeled Pacers get prosecuted to the fullest! Where the hell were the security! I can't believe it. Detroit basketball fans REALLY suck!

Last edited by Lizra : 11-20-2004 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:47 AM   #251
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

AARRGGHH!!
Old 11-20-2004, 11:05 AM   #252
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Yeah what the hell happened last night? Did they ever finish the game? they are talking about arresting certain players even. Im guessing that would mean Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson at least?

Old 11-20-2004, 05:38 PM   #253
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Arrest those OUT OF CONTROL Detroit "fans"! Arrest "missing in action" Detroit security. Arrest lame as hell officials! If any Pacer's are arrested I'm off the NBA! As to what happened haven't you seen the tapes! Oiiii! I'm ill.....

OK...Artest fouls Ben Wallace, Ben Wallace can't handle it, shoves Artest (flagrant) Artest backs off, chills...laying on a table. It's during this two or so minutes that the refs should have called or done SOMETHING! Get someone to the foul line, get the game going... whatever! ....So then some assinine genius Detroit fan comes up and throws a cup of drink at Artest, up close, Artest goes after him, punches start getting thrown and a riot breaks out. Pacers are literally fighting for their lives, and can't even get to the locker room safely. It was sick!

Last edited by Lizra : 11-20-2004 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:31 PM   #254
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Waaahhh!!
Old 11-21-2004, 09:39 PM   #255
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

banned for the season! holy crap! i have him on my fantasy team! what do i do now! this has to be unprecidented. well I guess he'll have time to work on his rap album now...

Old 11-21-2004, 09:48 PM   #256
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Yeah...he gets that "time off" he wanted! Reggie better take his "youth serum" I'm going to the Christmas day game, Pacers versus Detroit at Conseco. No Artest, no Jermaine, no Jackson....guess I'll have to be content with throwing batteries or something at the Pistons bench...it's allowed isn't it?
Old 11-21-2004, 10:08 PM   #257
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
Where the hell were the security! I can't believe it. Detroit basketball fans REALLY suck!
That's what I was wondering. That was pretty damn shocking that it continued for so long.
It wasn't just the fans. Both sides were in the wrong. They should've known it was too far to begin having a go at the public too.

Btw Liz, how many 's do you have in that post?
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 11:16 PM   #258
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Boo hoo hoo! From to . I can only speak in smilies now!

Last edited by Lizra : 11-21-2004 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:17 PM   #259
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

well as a pacer fan better get ready for a long season. they will still probably make the playoffs but realize they wont be getting Jermain or Jackson back until LATE JANUARY! So they lose the two best players for a good two months. And one for the whole season. Im still realing from it on my fantasy team.... He was my best performing player and my team sucked as it was. Now i have on my roster a banned Ron Artest, an injured and angry Jason Kidd and a disgruntled and injured Glenn Robinson. Sheesh... So now my top active player is Kirk Hinrich....

Old 11-22-2004, 04:18 PM   #260
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Who?!