Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 10:27 PM   #241
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Haldis returned from stowing the pack full of scrolls in Radagast's tent and retrieving her bag of medicines to find that Nami had retunred with boiling water, but that in the meantime Quickleaf had somehow regained his knife and cut into himself. This was the final straw to an already long day.

Setting down her bag she strode to his side and, grasping his wrist firmly before he could do any further damage, removed the knife from the shaking hand, saying as she did, "You are not alone. There is no need for such foolishness as this! Do you wish to experience death? I will call Abasi to finish you off quickly if that is so. No? Then what was the knife for? Ah, you were going to cut out the infection, without being able to see it, nothing for the pain and unsteady hands. Yes, very clever," she set the knife down a good distance away and took a leaf from her bag. Holding his jaw (perhaps a little harder than necessary), she set the leaf on his tongue, "Chew it," she ordered, "Once it is softened, hold it under your tongue. Nami, one of the clean cloths, not too wet. Thank you. And now that small knife in the sheath on the side of the bag..."

The infection did need to cut out, and Haldis did so, carefully, and with nami's help. By the time Quickleaf had been properly tended it was very nearly dark out and they finished to realize that they had been oblivious to the rest of the camp for several hours.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi

Last edited by Willow Oran : 06-14-2008 at 01:21 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:37 AM   #242
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

The leaf put up a decent fight against Quickleaf's jaws, but in the end succumbed and its juice spread down and into his body, his mind going blank, and his usually bright eyes only a distant stare, bluegrey and dull, while the carnage of Haldis, Nami and a Knife evolved below at his stomach wound.

He did not so much mind the pain than being unable to see what was going on. He was deeply suspicious in the first place of someone other than himself putting a knife to his stomach, but he ended up not caring. He just wanted sleep. Dreams. Rest. He wanted this mad day to be gone with into the East, to die with that invisible sun beyond the black horizon.

Not long after the operation Quickleaf lay in a deep sleep.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:58 AM   #243
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

As Nami examined Quickleafs cut face she listened to his rambleing.
"I'll get something to eat later...No i'm not tired."

As Haldis settled her self by Quickleaf and ordered him to chew on a leaf Nami got a proper look at his wound. Not a very healthy colour, considering it was more blue/black than pink. Nami gave a quick look at Haldis as much as to say he kept that hidden.

With Haldis acting as doctor and Nami as assisting nurse, the two patched up Quickleaf as best they could, which was really quite good. With Quickleaf now asleep and patched up Nami turned to Haldis,
"Even for all my long years Haldis you are still a better healer than me. You really are very good, you much be a credit to your people" Nami smiled slightly "We would all be very hungery and most likely injured without you!"
Old 06-14-2008, 05:13 AM   #244
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

"My credit better belongs to those of my kindred who insist on becoming ill or injured. I've had more chance for practice than most elves must suffer," Haldis said, satisfied with the work they had done, "Here, will you watch over them, I should dispose of these soiled rags and clean the rest."
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 06-14-2008, 05:29 AM   #245
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami laughed lightly, "Well whatever you say, i am still giving you the credit and i will make sure he knows about it when he wakes up."
Nami nodded at Haldis's request to watch over the two elfs, both appeared to be sleeping peacefully. Sighing she leaned back slightly and watched the rain fall around her.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:16 AM   #246
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

In the tunnels Radagast swept his torch low to see if the dust on the floor had been disturbed. "She didn't pass this way, let us go back."

"That leaves the last of the side tunnels," Borin remarked.

"Indeed, Ellysa must be in the tunnels closer to the exit then. Perhaps she found her own way back."
Old 06-14-2008, 03:15 PM   #247
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

"Well thwn let's go!" said Borin rather anxiously. "Plus this will be a great chance for you surfice-dwellers the wonders of the under-ground!"

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
Old 06-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #248
orithil
Captain Jack

"Indeed...If she did find her own way back, they might send a search party to retrieve us, then..." Hedrim continued "They might get lost meaning we would just be going in circles" he paused and took a breath "One of us or all of us should go back to see if shes back at camp" Hedrim looked around the dark halls.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:05 PM   #249
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Aelfwine hadn't said anything since the others had hauled Quickleaf and the new elf, Aerin?, out of the hole. Doing as Radagast bade she walked beside Aerin. The elf was too intent on Quickleaf to notice. Once outside she stopped long enough to let the rain wash over her body. After a moment, she started to walk after Quickleaf, until she noticed Carnehilion wasn't in his usual spot. Looking around, she noticed Ingwionis and A'mael were gone as well. Aelfwine decided to wait at the edge of the caves for the others. Slowly the must smell of the caves was disappearing, being replaced by the smell of wet plants and dirt. One of her favorite scents...

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 06-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #250
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Aerin awoke to the new morning, washed clean by the rain of the evening before. She could tell it was early when she opened her eyes, with Quickleaf sleeping on the other side of the tent and a soft yellow light illuminating the canvas told her the sun was barely up as of yet.

She stood up and winced. Her ankle still hurt a little bit. She limped out to the place where the central fire had died down the night before. She looked around and saw nobody. Apparently it had been a late night for some, but she had been so in need of sweet sleep that she hadn't even noticed any sounds of excitement.

She sat down on the dewy grass beside the fire to wait until Haldis woke up. Perhaps she would be able to help Aerin with her ankle later. Probably.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 06-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #251
Earniel

"No, let us go together," Radagast said. "I think we've split up enough for today and considering that seems to be a sure way to lose track of people, I'd rather avoid it. "

The three of them and Borin's wolf started on their journey back. After they had gone for a while, they saw fire-light ahead in the tunnels.

"That's odd," Radagast said thoughtfully, "Haldis and the others should have gotten outside by now, and they took another tunnel. Perhaps it's Ellysa?"

It indeed was Ellysa, but she was not alone, Carnehilion, Ingwionis and A'mael accompanied her.

"Ellysa, there you are!" The wizard said relieved as they greeted the others. "Nami said you had wandered off alone, but I'm glad to see you've found some company."
Old 06-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #252
Mari
Elf Lady

"Radagast?" Surprised to hear a familiar voice Ellysa turned to see the wizard accompanied by Borin and Hedrim.
"Wait, did you say something about Nami? You found her? Yokatta! Shinpai shita yo~" She was so relieved she fell back into her own language. When she noticed she smiled a bit embarrassed.

"So... we can go back up now? I'm very sorry Radagast, for causing so much trouble. Nami must be worried..."

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 06-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #253
orithil
Captain Jack

(Previous night)

"I'm sure no one wants to spend anymore time down in this hole" added Hedrim "The quicker we get out of here the better". Radagast took the lead and they were soon out of Dol Guldor. "A nice night indeed, is it not Master Radagast?" he then retired to his tent for the night.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:15 PM   #254
Earniel

"A nice night!" Radagast repeated as he shook the rain from his hat. "With rains and wind, and possibly a storm coming. But at least we've got everybody out this time."

He did a quick check of all the tents to see if indeed everyone had made it out of Dol Guldur's underground and then went to his own tent. Haldis had left the scrolls there. At least he'll have something to do, if the storm turned out too noisy to sleep during the night.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #255
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Abasi's eyes warmed a bit at Tabrîl's words.

'Our people dwell much in memory, and yet you are right that it is not all. The world is still a beautiful place, even with all the darkness within it. There is still much to love and much to hold our hearts in awe. There is still much for the m'haid to protect.'

He reached out and put his hand gently on hers, a tender gesture.

'Having you here has certainly made this trip more pleasant for me as well.'

They were simple words, bluntly stated, but sincere.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 06-19-2008, 04:58 PM   #256
Earniel

Aerin awoke to the new morning, washed clean by the rain of the evening before. She could tell it was early when she opened her eyes, with Quickleaf sleeping on the other side of the tent and a soft yellow light illuminating the canvas told her the sun was barely up as of yet.

She stood up and winced. Her ankle still hurt a little bit. She limped out to the place where the central fire had died down the night before. She looked around and saw nobody. Apparently it had been a late night for some, but she had been so in need of sweet sleep that she hadn't even noticed any sounds of excitement.

She sat down on the dewy grass beside the fire to wait until Haldis woke up. Perhaps she would be able to help Aerin with her ankle later. Probably.

~~~

Radagast woke with some difficulty, still holding in his hands the scrolls he was studying the previous night when he had finally asleep. He peered outside, seeing a calm but still wet world. The nocturnal storm had passed over them apparently without causing any damage nearby.

He came out of the tent and stretched. I don't think anyone will complain that we take it easy today, he thought. He went to see if Haldis had made any breakfast. But instead of Haldis, he found the Elf they had encountered underground next to the fire-place.

"Good morning, miss. Aerin, wasn't it?" He said.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #257
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Aerin was startled by the voice of Radagast as he emerged from his tent. She looked up sharply, and relaxed when she saw who it was.

"Yes. Aerin is my name. And you are Radagast. I know of you, for I have travelled quite far in these lands... to King Thranduil's realm and back. But you should have no reason to have heard of me." She sank down into the grass where she'd been sitting when Radagast had broken into her happy-to-be-out-of-Dol-Guldur reverie.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 06-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #258
Earniel

"Didn't mean to startle you," Radagast said kindly, "although I imagine everyone gets somewhat jumpy after spending time in Dol Guldur."

He picked up the kettle from the supplies. If Haldis wasn't up yet, it would probably be good if he took care of tea this morning.

"I must say I was rather surprised to see someone wandering on their own inside the tunnels. How did you end up there, if you don't mind my asking?"
Old 06-19-2008, 08:47 PM   #259
Nixie
Hobbit

hmm, there seems to be some kind of camp up ahead. Maybe this is it, I hope my searching is over! Nixie thought as she stuffed a crumpled letter back into her pouch. She had traveled man miles to find this group, and she hoped this was it. She walked up to the camp and made herself very vulnerable to them all. She saw a small group gathered and went over to ask them, "Excuse me! Have any of you seen Radagast? It is urgent that I find him." She hoped they knew where he was.

~ Beauty From Your Pain
*Coming Soon
Old 06-19-2008, 11:45 PM   #260
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim awoke to the sound of voices outside his tent. He sat up and began putting his armour on, he then stepped outside. "Fine morning is it not Master Radagast" he nodded and then strode over towards a log and sat down by the remains of the camp fire. "Excuse me! have any of you seen Radagast?it is urgent that I find him." Hedrim was startled by this new elf (as far as Hedrim could tell) walking into the middle of the camp and asking for Radagast. He looked at Radagast then back to the elf and then said "...Excuse me...?"

Closed Thread