Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 03:20 PM   #241
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Um, sure, if Ray is needed, I will gladly trot him off to the reception.

And as for me being a girl, Yep. I am, and a jockey as well. Jack-the-lad? I guess I am still a bit of a tomboy, yes. But I never said I was a man, but I didnt say I was a woman either...up to you really.

Half orcs: Well, I didn't think that rape and consequent offspring were limited to one age alone...Or did they not have orcs but just goblins? I don't remember reading that...
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:33 PM   #242
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Gordis, Lotesse, et al: Perhaps reasonable about the animals, but should there be some limits on it? Perhaps it takes a little bit of concentration on their parts, and a portion of their minds to be devoted to that at any given time - and even then might be difficult if, say, surrounded by animals that might be alarmed at their presence.

Let's don't get to thinking these are 'nice guys/gals'... they ARE undead, right?

ALL - OK - I finally got my post #217 filled in at the game thread. I'll attempt to post one more pre-reception post now. Not sure I'll have time for it though.

Half-orc? I thought those were a new thing 3000 years later??
Yes, I agree, Val, you are right, it must take some concentration, as with mirrors. I deem Lilly will never be able to have a pet animal, being no sorceress at all. Eh, CS?
CS, where ARE you?
Edit: On the other hand, in LOTR the animals serving the Dark side are certainly mentioned. Aragorn said before Weathertop that not all birds etc are to be trusted, some may be spying for the nazgul. And while sailing down Andoun the fellowship was fearing black swans! I don't even mention wolves and werevolves.
And yes, again, I believe this Gr... should be 100% orc. I thought Saruman was the first to make orcs interbreed with humans on a regular basis,
which must have been shocking both for the West and Mordor. Sure cases of rape occured before it, so Gr... being a half breed is not impossible.

Last edited by Gordis : 10-09-2005 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #243
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
The Prime Leaders of the Guild of Predators:

Old Grey, Alpha Male of the Mountain Wolves
White Patch, Alpha Female of the Mountain Wolves

Black Shadow, Alpha Male of the Forest Wolves
Grey Whisper, Alpha Female of the Forest Wolves

Greasly Grizzly, Chieftain of the Bears
Scars, Chieftain of the Weasels, Martens, Stoats, Minks, Wolverines and Bagders
Black Tip, Chieftain of the Lynxes

Falco Rusticolus, Chieftain of the Falcons
Pandion haliaetus, Chieftain of the Ospreys
Buteo buteo, Chieftain of the Buzzards
Aquila chrysaetos, Chieftain of the Golden Eagles
LomÃ*, Chieftain of the Owls
How do you guys figure we're gonna integrate G O P in the story. Any ideas?
Old 10-09-2005, 04:04 PM   #244
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
just read the rpg ..we have a small continuity error:

Willow: the arch-chancellor has been here for 2 to 3 years, so you would have met him more than once… if only at these annual receptions ….

i think it good however that both you, Aiwendis and the Arch-chancellor prefer not to mingle too much .... but once in 3 years is pushing it a bit!
I second BB here. The Chancellor was running the USAT for 3 years, moreover he had his classes himself. It is virtually impossible for Mahtiliel to have met him only once! She must have been well acquainted with the Chancellor by now. Sure, she can be as unimpressed as you said and she may dislike him.
Willow, please, change this part!
BTW, I loved your picture! You are an accomplished artist! I wish I could draw as well as you...
And I really think that your character will add much to the conflict. Hope you are not offended by the nickname of "Storm-Crow".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
Gor: Bumbledore is still on his way to the reception …about to race a champion tortoise… Vammooz the champion tortoise of tharbad .... the tortoises's have been using old Bumbledore as a yard stick for many years ... and the annual recpetion is the Big race of the new season...
also, aiwendis's thoughts on his apparel are fine of course ... i liked them ..though maybe she IS kinda used to him by now: he often is seen in the uni in his robe-like dressing gown .... and she knows what he is like ... still, she would raise an eyebrow at this event for sure!
UDU: ditto ref sir Bumbledore: though i will look forward to chatting once he has arrived...
willow,Gor, Udu:
maybe these observations and conversations can just easily be copied and pasted into a post after his arrival?
Sure BB, there is now a continuity error, three posts say Bumbledore is at the reception and then you post how he is racing there (Funny Post, Loved it!).

However, I believe it will lead to confusion if three of us (UDU,Gor and Willow) will have to change their posts for that.

I suggest that YOU, BB, past the whole race at the end of your first post where Bumble is dressing, and use your place-holders to describe how he meets with Udu and Mahtiliel (?) at the reception.
Could you, please, do it BB?
Cheers,
Gor

I REALLY LOVE bumbledore. Aiwendis also thinks he is endearing.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:10 PM   #245
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
How do you guys figure we're gonna integrate G O P in the story. Any ideas?
Hi, GW! Some birds of prey may be at the service of the Nazgul Lord, as messengers. As for Aiwendis, I am not yet sure, but she may steal (the idea of) the 9 black cats from Queen Beruthiel.
But it is 1. a bit too revealing; 2. I have great difficulties to describe an animal and chat with an animal. I am not good at it.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:29 PM   #246
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

No, no, no... Shah, Lotesse - don't get me wrong... KING Valandil wants both Marty and Ray there, but it's OK if he doesn't get everything he wants all the time. He THOUGHT they both knew he expected them to go, but maybe there was a misunderstanding... or maybe they've been somewhat... distracted!

So - it's OK if Ray doesn't make it. Or if he gets there very, very late (it seems like they're spending a good deal of time galavanting around.

Don't worry... this could all be for the best!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-09-2005, 05:02 PM   #247
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Not offended at all. It fits. And I did change it, I can change it more if it wasn't apparent though.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #248
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Well, HERE I AM!

Lotesse I am back with my poor battered Lilly. As you now play Penny, I hope you will help me to punish Khamul! And I almost swooned seeing that you were banned! Hope you will never quit us.

BB, Gor, Udu, Willow, Val, Shah, Lotesse, Rian and Earniel! (Hope I didn't forget anyone...) Wonderful posts ye all! Reading this RPG is like reading a good book!

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 10-09-2005 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:17 PM   #249
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I know, Saruman was the first to regularly breed humans and orcs...But the supposed rarity of Gr fits all the more. Why else would viv even bother with him, certainly wouldnt waste time prjecting thought onto a full orc. And if i had written him as full orc, Ray woulda killed him out right.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:28 PM   #250
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

BB - I love that whole race idea with old professor Bumbledore!! Absolutely brilliant! You really set a wonderful scene - I could feel the excitement in the air, the oldsters remembering previous races, the anticipation, the eagerness of the bettors, etc. Great!

Lotesse - I really liked your little mind-letter idea - kind of like a "you got mail!" thing for when the half-orc logged back into his brain! Very good imagining

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 10-09-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:30 PM   #251
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
And as for me being a girl, Yep. I am, and a jockey as well. Jack-the-lad? I guess I am still a bit of a tomboy, yes. But I never said I was a man, but I didnt say I was a woman either...up to you really.
I thought you were a guy, but only because of your user title - "Shah" (What's the Shah's wife called, btw? There couldn't be female Shahs, could there?)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-09-2005, 07:32 PM   #252
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yes there could, and there were long long time ago. A queen was called Shah-banu.

Little King. Also meant Beloved King. My title is from a conversation I had with my father... He said, "You would have made a True Shah of Persia." So there you go.

Last edited by The last sane person : 10-09-2005 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:34 PM   #253
Rían

oh, interesting! Thanks

Old 10-09-2005, 08:06 PM   #254
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Great posts WO and CS. Lilly is planning a spell!
Old 10-09-2005, 08:18 PM   #255
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Granted that she is no sorceress and is about to tempt fate once again....Well, I am interested to see what she is brewing up.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:24 PM   #256
Rían

OK, Eärniel, they're in!

(earnestly hopes Eärniel will take it next! I'm such a newbie at these rpg's!!)

(and I did tons of technical writing, but not much creative writing - suggestions welcomed!)

Old 10-09-2005, 11:38 PM   #257
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
No, no, no... Shah, Lotesse - don't get me wrong... KING Valandil wants both Marty and Ray there, but it's OK if he doesn't get everything he wants all the time. He THOUGHT they both knew he expected them to go, but maybe there was a misunderstanding... or maybe they've been somewhat... distracted!

So - it's OK if Ray doesn't make it. Or if he gets there very, very late (it seems like they're spending a good deal of time galavanting around.

Don't worry... this could all be for the best!
Well, in my scene I posted right after the game had been won, they were rushed to a party, and Ray told Marty that he wasn't feeling well (indeed, he had gotten pretty bashed). Marty then went to tell King Val that Ray wouldnt be attending, after Ray had left.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:03 AM   #258
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Hi, GW! Some birds of prey may be at the service of the Nazgul Lord, as messengers. As for Aiwendis, I am not yet sure, but she may steal (the idea of) the 9 black cats from Queen Beruthiel.
But it is 1. a bit too revealing; 2. I have great difficulties to describe an animal and chat with an animal. I am not good at it.
Nice. That'll do it I think.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:29 AM   #259
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Loved your little song, Udu! I am looking forward to your chat with the Crow
Old 10-10-2005, 07:13 AM   #260
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I have introduced 4 new characters - the family of Azrabel, the portly Governor of Tharbad. I felt we needed more NORMAL guests at the reception.
I am going to use MM's, Aiwendis' "friends" later on.

And, of course, they are accepted to study COMMERCE.

Old Guvernor and his pretty daughters Miriel and Malaphel are all PUBLIC. Feel free to use them!

Last edited by Gordis : 10-10-2005 at 07:14 AM.
Closed Thread