Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 09:23 AM   #241
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
I was afraid for you, Frodo." he said, coming forward."If Aragorn is right and the ORCers are near, then none of us should wander alone, and you least of all: so much depends on you. And my heart too is heavy. May I stay now and talk for a while, since I have found you? It would comfort me. Where there are so many, all speech becomes a debate without end. But two together may perhaps find wisdom."

"You are kind." answered Frodo."But I do not think that any speech will help me. For I know what I should do, but I am afraid of doing it, Boromir: afraid."

Boromir stood silent. Rauros roared endlessly on. The wind murmured in the branches of the trees. Frodo shivered.

Suddenly Boromir came and sat beside him.
"Are you sure that you do not suffer needlessly?" he said."I wish to help you. You need council in your hard choice. Will you not take mine?"
Old 02-14-2005, 11:38 AM   #242
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"Sure Boromir," Frodo said warily, desperately trying to think of a good way to change the subject. There was an odd gleam in Boromir's eyes, and Frodo suspected he would not be deterred.
"Why don't you come to Gondor with me? We could protect you there, you would be safe! No need to continue this dangerous errand," he continued. He looked so eager Frodo didn't want to shoot him down. He tried a more subtle track.
"I have heard about... um... the famous baking of Gondor," he hedged.
"Really? My father, Denethor, can make a great lemon cake when he has the time, but that was more of a family thing. Our time is mostly devoted to the arts of war, and our ovens lie neglected." Boromir looked downcast. Suddenly, he burst out, "But if you came to Gondor we could use the Package to fight Sauron!"
"No Boromir," said Frodo, jumping up and taking a few steps away, "You know we can't use it like that. We might as well put a "FREE to a good home" ad in the newspaper for the Package. We must fullfill our quest."
"But you'll be taking it right into his hands! What right have you to deliver it to him. It should be mine by right, mine!" And Boromir sprang at Frodo, attempting to take the Package. Just in case this wasn't already obvious, his skin turned green, fangs protruded from his mouth, and his eyes grew large and a bit yellow.
Shocked at this unsubtle and alarming transformation (which indicated Boromir was overcome by a fit of madness enduced by the Package), Frodo hastily untied the string, which seemed all to eager to come loose.
He was in the grey wraith world; he ducked under Boromir's arm, and stumbled away. He could barely see the forest floor of the real world. His vision was blurred by the stone walkway of the wraith world.
Distantly he could here Boromir cry, "Frodo! I'm sorry, come back!" seemingly returned to normal, but Frodo did not heed him.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 02-14-2005, 12:12 PM   #243
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Frodo didn't hear his appologetic cry. He was already far away, leaping blindly up the path to the hill-top. Terror and grief shook him, seeing in his thought the mad fierce face of Boromir, and his revolting visage.

Soon he came our alone on the summit of Amon Hen, and halted, gasping for breath. He saw as through a mist a wide flat circle, paved with mighty flags, and surrounded with a crumbling cement wall; and in the middle, set upon four carven pillars, was a huge Parabolic antenna, in front of which there was a stair. Up he went and sat upon the uppermost step just beneath the antenna, feeling like a lost child that had clambered upon the throne of mountain-kings.

At first he could see little . He seemed to be in a world of grey mist in which there were only shadows; The Package was open. Then here and there the mist gave way to a multitude of visions. There was no sound, only bright living images. The world seemed to have shrunk and fallen silent. He was sitting near the Gondorian Laser Communication Parabola Station, on Amon Hen, the hill of the Eye of the Men of Numenor.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:25 PM   #244
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

away in the distance it chanced that he spied the offices of the law firm of morgoth sauron partnerships, when suddenly a feeling of malice seemed to turn toward him, and the tower block seemed to grow immense and speed toward him, as if there was an eye roving for the Package. It seemed to frodo that he could hear a voice in his head crying out "tie the string, fool, tie it up!" at whichj the malice turned and called "come to me, do not tie the Package", to both frodo closed his mind and followed his own desire, kneeling upon the stone walkways and he tied the Package, and was once again in the real worldwhere a grey malic stretched out from the east, and passed over as the Package was tied.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:41 PM   #245
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"That was close." Frodo murmured. He realised now that the Package was at work in the Homies and the only way to save his friends was to leave them.

"Even Sam will have to remain behind." Frodo continued to talk to himself."I cannot bring any of them along. OK. The decision is made. I'm going now."

And then then he untied the Package and disappeared.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:40 PM   #246
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

The rest of the Homies had been trying to decide the next course of action. Aragorn admitted he hadn't decided on an official plan, but he had several good ideas. He explained his plans, each more complicated than the last. After he had finished, the Homies roused themselves from sleep and pretended they had been listening the entire time.
"Explain that part again... you align the Twelve Stones of Power and sprinkle them with the blood of a sacrificed chicken?" asked Legolas, who had actually been listening.
"No, it's a --" began Aragorn, but Sam interrupted.
"Hey, isn't someone important missing?" he said. Blank stares. "Frodo! Frodo has been gone for some time now."
"He said he needed time to think," said Merry.
"Yeah, but he's had enough time. I don't like him being gone in this territory," Sam said grumpily.
"You're going to have to overcome your dependency issues," said Merry. Sam glared.
"Sam's right," said Aragorn, "It could be dangerous."
"Hey, where's Boromir?" asked Gimli.
"You know, I was meaning to comment, he was acting strangely earlier," said Pippin.
"We should find Frodo now! Sam, come with me. The rest of you--" but it was too late to organize. The Homies seemed seized by an irrational panic, and split up, not always in pairs, which just invites distaster. "Wait! Stick together!" called Aragorn futilely. "Come on Sam, we'll go to Amon Hen, the Hill of Seeing!" and with that he dashed into the forest, too quickly to hear Sam's witty reply of, "Is that where you were going to sacrifice the chicken?"
Sam ran after him, but soon found he couldn't keep up to the seasoned FBI agent.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 02-14-2005 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:00 AM   #247
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Then Sam stopped in his tracks as a thought struck him.
"Something happened with him and Boromir. Perhaps that Man tried to take the Package from. And then he screws himself up to go. Even without me. No way am I gonna let him."

And he turned and dashed off towards the camp. He saw one of the speedboats turning and gliding out in the River.

"Mr Frodo! Stop! It's Sam!" he cried and jumped into the River.

A disembodied voice cried out in dismay and the boat turned.

"Here, Sam, I'm right by your side. Take my hand."

"But I can't see it." Blubbed Sam coming up for air.

Frodo appeared again as he tied the Package."Here I am. Now take my hand."
And he dragged a soaking wet Sam up into the boat, turned back to the camp and let him ashore.

"That's hard, Mr Frodo. Trying to run away from me an' all."

"Of all comfounded nuisances you are the worst, Sam." said Frodo.

Sam went off and got his pack.
"I figured we be off today so I've packed my pack. Where do you think would have been without me?"

"Safely on my way." answered Frodo.

"Safely on your way?" exclaimed Sam."You wouldn't be able to handle yourself all the way to Mordor. You need old Sam to cook and take care of you."

"Yes, you're quite right, Sam. And I'm glad that you are with me here and now."

And then they set off across the River and once they'd reached the other side they hid the Elven speedboat and shouldered their burdens, they set off, seeking a path that would bring them over the grey hills of the Emyn Muil and down into the Land of Shadow.

THUS ENDS THE FIRST PART OF THE LYRD OF THE RYNGS

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-15-2005 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:02 AM   #248
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

THE FOUR TOWERS

THE SECOND PART OF THE LYRD OF THE RYNGS

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-15-2005 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:16 PM   #249
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Book 3.1: The Departure of Boromir

Aragorn ran up the hill, unheedful of Sam not being with him.

"If I read the signs right Frodo ran up the hill. I wonder what he saw there? But he returned the same way and went down the hill again."

Aragorn hesitated because he desired to see the Great Parabolic Antenna of Gondor himself. And perhaps to see something there which would help in making the right decisions.

Looking down at the forests he heard the harsh cries of the ORCers chanting Black Sabbath tunes. Suddenly there was loud call from a Megaphone.

"Boromir! He is in need! I've been tarrying to long!" he cried and with that he dashed down the hill toward the rapidly deminishing calls.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-01-2006 at 04:57 AM.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:21 PM   #250
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

"Hey jerks, I don't want to fight a horde of orcs by myself!" called Boromir over the Megaphone of Gondor one last time, before he was forced to clip it back to his belt in favour of using his shield.
"In the feilds the bodies burning," sang the orcs as they approached, "As the war machine keeps churning!" A few orcs carried guitars, which must have been amplified through some orcish magic.
Quote:
Old 02-15-2005, 12:33 PM   #251
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Ooc: Sorry if I totally mess it up. I can't find our book, so I'm just doing it from memory...

Aragorn heard one last call of 'Come on, dudes! I only have so may hands!", then it was quite except for the singing of the ORCers, and their farts, which were surprisingly much louder than their horrible singing. Aragorn figured they had had beans for lunch and continued heading towards where he had heard Boromir's calls last. When he got there, he found he was too late, and saw someone leaning on a tree and pulling an arrow out of his gut. He rushed over to that spot, and discovered it was Boromir lying there.

Ooc: I don't remember how their little talk goes, so I'll stop here. But I do have a really good thing to put for his death, so it would be nice if I could be able to post that part, if no one minds.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 02-15-2005, 01:16 PM   #252
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

generals gathered in their masses, just like witches at black masses came the harshe cries of the ORCers as the raced up the hill, toward Boromir, swinging their guitars madly at him
Old 02-15-2005, 02:20 PM   #253
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Legolas (having stubbed his bigtoe) came stumbling along with Gimli hobbling along as best as he could behind him. As they saw Aragorn kneeling by Boromir they also knelt. Boromir opened his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I tried to take the Package from Frodo. I have failed."

"No. You have conquered." said Aragorn, in seeing all the dead ORCers piled around the wounded warrior.

"The little ones. The ORCers took them. Frodo and Sam, I believe, was not with them."
said Boromir, his breath becoming ever more shallow.

"Don't worry, Boromir. We'll save them." said Gimli.

"Tell my father were I fell. Goodbye." gasped Boromir and closed his eyes.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:25 PM   #254
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Thus die a great hero." said Aragorn.

"We should have been here with him." said Gimli.

"Then we would have been dead to most likely." said Legolas.

"We must see to his funeral. I will not have him lie for predators to feed on."
said Aragorn.

They carried Boromir over to the remaining boat and laid him in it and pushed it out into the River.

They each sang a memorial song to his honour.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:07 AM   #255
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

So they ended. Then they went back to the beach.

"Boromir said the ORCers took Pippin and Merry for sure," Aragorn said when they got there, and both Gimli and Legolas were amazed at how... well, happy he seemed. They couldn't figure out, though, if it was because Boromir was gone, or the hobbits. Aragorn continued, oblivious to their thoughts. He was studying the ground again. "The question is, are Sam and Frodo taken, too?"

Legolas rolled his eyes. "Like he's really gonna tell from this mess," he said under his breath to Gimli. Gimli laughed lowly, and while Aragorn's back was turned he made an exaggerated imitation of the way the FBI agent was studying the churned-up dirt. Legolas tried not to laugh, but a dumb-sounding snort escaped his lips.

"No ORCers have been on this ground," Aragorn announced officially. He sounded dissapointed. "Otherwise," he added, "Nothing can be made out for certain."

Legolas rolled his eyes again and shrugged. "So.... like, what to we do now?"

Aragorn ignored his tone and moved closer to the bank. "I think a hobbit waded into the water here. But I don't know how long ago. And LOOK! Two packs are missing!" He pointed to the Homies luggage. Both Frodo and Sam's duffles were gone, as well as Sam's prized Soap-On-A-Rope.

"Oh my gosh!" Legolas exclaimed. "We've, like, been robbed! Cuz, there's, like, a boat missing, too!"

"No, no, no!" Aragorn said, looking at the elf with a 'it's-sad-you're-so-stupid' look on his face. "This is the answer: Frodo left with the other boat and Sam went with him!"

Legolas's eyes went wide for a minute, and then he smiled. "Dude," he said, "You are, like, so awesome! I would have, like never guessed that."

Gimli burped. "But why leave us behind?" he said, and Legolas thought the answer was obvious- Gimli's habit of belching everytime he wanted to be heard. "That was a strange deed!" Gimli's stomach growled.

"A brave deed," Aragorn said, ignoring Gimli's weird noises. "Frodo decided to go on his own to protect us."

"Maybe the ORCers scared him and he ran?" Legolas offered.

"He ran, yeah," Aragorn agreed, "but, I think not from ORCers."

"WhatEVER," Legolas said, suddenly tired of this game of Twenty Questions. "So we, like, know that Frodo's not here. And, like, he must have taken the other boat. And, like, Sam, like went with him. SO--"

"So what do we do now?" Gimli interrupted. Legolas elbowed him. "OW!!!"

"Let me THINK, you morons!!!" Aragorn shouted. He stood silent a moment. Legolas snorted again. Drama, drama, drama. At last Aragorn looked up. "I've decided!" he announced. "We're going after Pippin and Merry. If we went after Sam and Frodo we'd have to deal with that stupid SOAR. Let's go, guys; ditch the duffles and the boats, lace up your Nikes!" He became caught up in the moment until Legolas whined:

"But I gotta have my Twista-Braid!" The elf stamped his foot childishly.

"Fine," said Aragorn, "take it. But I'm going!" With that he sped off. Gimli followed, and the brush swallowed them up.

Legolas stamped his foot again, but got his butt in gear. He grabbed his Twista-Braid, his disc-man with Lorien's Greatest Hits sung by Haldir and the Silmarils loaded in it, and his well-worn copy of How to be the Most Beautiful Creature in Middle Earth. He ran after the other two, whining, "Wait up, guys, I'm coming!!!"
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Old 02-16-2005, 11:25 AM   #256
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Book 3.2: The Riders of Rohan

Dusk deepened. Mist lay behind them among the trees below, and brooded on the pale margins of the Anduin, but the sky was clear. Stars came out. The waxing moon was riding in the West, and the shadows of the rocks were black.

All night the three companions scrambled in this bony land, climbing to the crest of the first and tallest ridge, and down again into the darkness of a deep winding valley on the other side.

There in the still cool hour before dawn they rested for a brief space. The moon had long gone down befor them, the stars glittered above them; the first light of day had not yet come over the dark hills behind. For the moment Aragorn was at a loss; the orc-trail had descended into the valley, but there it had vanished.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 03-01-2006 at 04:59 AM.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:32 AM   #257
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

As they ran, Legolas finally caught up to them, and said to Aragorn "Dude, I think I should, like, tell you that I, like, totally don't wear Nikes. I wear fuzzy slippers."

Aragorn stared at him, rolled his eyes and replied sarcasticlly "Well, that was smart."

Legolas looked at him pitifully, and just before he started crying, Gimli patted him on the back sympatheticly. "That was mean. Here, Legolas, have my spare pair."

Legolas looked down at him and said "Aw, thanks, dude. But, like, your feet are slightly bigger than mine..."

"So, borrow Aragorn's." Aragorns gave him 'the look' but stopped running suddenly, causing Gimli to bump into him, and Legolas hitting him, creating a domino effect. Aragron got up, dusted himself off, and took a pair of shoes out of his pack and handed them to Legolas"They're a little... broken in, let's say, but they're beter than slippers"

Legolas eyes got all watery, and he started hugging Aragron "Dude!!!!!!!!!! That was, like, so totally awesome of you!"

Aragron pushed him away "Yeah, yeah. Don't rub it in" Then he shouldered his duffle and started running again, followed by Legolas and Gimli.

Ooc:I know it's corny, but I'm desperet to add humor...
Edit: Whoops, I cross-posted with GW. But I guess it could still fit....

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth

Last edited by Thain Peregrin Took I : 02-16-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:54 AM   #258
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: I think it fits Peregrin.

The three friends ran through the forest easily, following the very obvious path left by the ORCers - trampled shrubs, candy bar wrappers, empty crisp packets, and other rubbish, broken guitar strings and discarded picks... Aragorn scanned the ground for any sign that Merry and Pippin were still alive, but found none. Each carried a light pack, with only [lembas] and 1.5L of Gatorade. And Legolas had his Twista-Braid.
Quote:
Old 02-16-2005, 02:00 PM   #259
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

As the three companions ran the appeared a gap in the mountains ahead and beyond they saw a vast plain.

"That is the Territory of the Bikers of Rohan. Friendly to Gondor. They're the local North Middle Earth Biker's Association's section in these parts." said Aragorn.

"The NoMeBA's. Oh, I hope we don't meet them." said Legolas, terrified.

"They don't sound to bad." said Gimli.

As they reached the gap they ran through it and onto the plain, following the now plain to be seen ORCer trail.

"They seem to delight in trampling everything they pass." said Aragorn looking at the black trail in front of him. It was full of trash thrown away by the ORCers."There also seem to be two chapters of them going the same way. Lets see who they are. These smaller tracks appear to be from the Local 339 of Mordor and the larger ones from Local 446 of Orthanc."

"How can he tell, like, who's who?" asked Legolas.

"Must be some kind of special FBI training." said Gimli.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-17-2005 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:36 PM   #260
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

They kept on running for several hours. Took a short break. Legolas slept his strange Elven sleep standing up.

Then they got up and ran som more.

After a while Aragorn shouted:
"Stop! Don't follow me!"
He went out from the trail some distance where he had seen orc-tracks running out from the main trail. At the end of it he saw small hobbit feet trampled by ORCers.
In the trampled grass he saw a small MP3-player shaped like a small golden leaf.

"Look what I found. The leaves of Lorien doesn't fall randomely." he said and and held it up for the others to see.

"That's right. At least one of them must be alive." said Legolas.

"Let's go. There's still hope." said Gimli.

And rushed off again following the black ORCer-trail.
Closed Thread