Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 08:25 PM   #221
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Ooc: Whoa! I didn't mean to start anything, I was just being funny by proving her point about long speeches that never get done! I guess that made people mad...

Just for the record, you people didn't read my "speech" all the way; it wasn't all complimentary. ( The part about Georgie boy was kind of biased: I am in school, and my mom's a teacher, so I'm a little ticked off at the "No child left behind" and the "Democrats want to raise your taxes, just so that your children can go to decent schools! Will we allow it? NO!")
You know, that kind of stuff, without even starting on the "war" with a bunch of people who we know we can beat into the ground ala Trojan war. Don't get me wrong. I like living here, but I hate what we have come to stand for.

Ic: Jessira got seperated from the rest of her group, and found herself face to face with the Middle Eastern Queen.
Ooc: About that fighting match...
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

Last edited by Kalile : 06-25-2003 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:25 PM   #222
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Faramir knew that they had to get to the hobbits, and as fast as possible. "We need to hurry," he said while killing an orc, "before it is too late."
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Old 06-25-2003, 09:28 PM   #223
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

ooc: I hate politicians too.

ic: Gimli was having a great time, slashing and killing his enemies. The only bummer thing was, he saw a bit too short to quite reach the heads of the enemy. So, he comprimised. He slashed the middles, THEN chopped the heads off.
Then some people were yelling about retreat and such nonsense. He ignored it and went back to killing Roya's army.

ooc: Does Arwen HAVE to be in this? You and pj should hook up, inserting Arewn where she doesn't belong.

Theoden was slaying many a foe when Aragorn, Faramir, Arwen, and Gandalf were shouting about retreating and finding Frodo. He cut a path to the King and asked, "Do you wish to retreat?"

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:29 PM   #224
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

OOC: Does he? Does he? getting excited here, but still don't know what to post. ARRGG! That stupid 90 sec. rule!

Jesus scares the "hell" out of people! He rocks!

http://linwe.proboards19.com/index.cgi
Old 06-26-2003, 10:05 AM   #225
Adrian Baggins
Frodo's lil sis HP LotR fan

"Ah, Sam, what have you brought for me?" I asked as the Hobbit ran towards me, I was sitting in a sheltered spot at the base of Mt.Doom, and despite the nearness to the burning mountain, it was quite cool.

"I brought you this Lord," Sam said, pulling out a round object wrapped in cloth, Sam was hagard and worn after running in and out of the battle, trying to make sure noone saw him, both sides were a danger to him. Sam then saw Rosie, as peacefully asleep as was possible. "Also, I brought you some news, there is a great battle going on sir, and the forces of Mordor are being slaughtered by Aragorn and the rest of the Fellowship, minus Boromier, he is dead, yet Arwen and a host of elves are there, along with Gandalf, what are we to do, they talk of comming to kill you Lord," Sam added, watching as Frodo unwrapped the cloth from the sphere.

"Samwise, there is no need to worry, they think we are still at Shelob's lair, they will get less than they wanted when they get there, you have done well, you have brought me news and the Palantier of Sauron, this is more than I asked for, go over by Rosie, where it is more comfortable, and take a long needed rest, I will wake you if I need you."

"Yes Lord, thank you."
Owner of the 3 unknown rings

I LIKE HIEI!! LOOK AT MY AVITAR IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS!!

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Old 06-26-2003, 10:22 AM   #226
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

ooc: Just a question here, where'd Sauron go, anyway?? Ah well.

Aragorn was bravely hacking several orcs to the ground, when something dashed across his line of peripheral vision. It was short, barefoot, and had a mass of dirt flecked curly hair. He turned around to run after the figure, but before he knew it it was gone

"Gandalf!" he shouted.
"What is it, Aragorn?" Gandalf called back through a mass of evil creatures.
"One of the halflings is here! I think it was Sam!"
"We are close then! We must hurry and find Frodo!"

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 06-26-2003, 10:32 AM   #227
Adrian Baggins

I have no clue where Sauron is

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

"You're a team player, a save-the-day superhero *pause* I hate people like you." ~Hiei
Old 06-26-2003, 01:45 PM   #228
LutraMage
Elven Warrior

Location: Tolkien's England where the tale grew in the telling...
Strider

OCC
Quote:
Originally posted by Kalile
but I hate what we have come to stand for.
Kalile, don't start beliving the propaganda. I don't live in the US, but I think your country stands for decency and honour. Sometimes the US gets things wrong - hell, its run by people and people make mistakes - but by and large the US is a force for good. When men like Hussain and Ben Laden use hatred and terror to acheive their goals (like Sauron) they have to be stopped. "All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to stand by and do
nothing." The US are good guys.

Way to go on the 500 Elf Lord DtG!

IC "Right, let's start to make things happen here! Theoden - no, we are not retreating. You keep Roya and her happy popcorn eaters busy with the Rangers and Elves. Gimli, Legolas, Arwen, Gandalf and I will sort out Shelob and see where Frodo has got to. He can't be far if Sam is nearby."

Taking the other four with him, he enters the cave to Shelob's Lair. Suddenly the hideous monster attacks them from a side tunnel. Awen holds aloft a stunning Elven jewel which bursts into light, blinding the hateful spider. Gimli hews about him with his axe, cutting off Shelob's front claws. Legolas releases arrow after arrow into her eye clusters. Gandalf calls down the spirits of the Secret Flame of Arnor to batter her. Whilst Aragorn cries out to her "Where are Frodo and Sam? What have you done with them?"

The monster screams and falls back, but cannot escape. "They've gone to the mountain." she cries, desparate to get this troop of heroes away from her lair.

With the information they need, they slowly back out of the tunnels and allow Shelob to retreat, wounded and dismayed, to her underground caverns, there to lurk and fester over her wounds for many lives of men.

Last edited by LutraMage : 06-26-2003 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:07 PM   #229
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

Now it's getting interesting.

Old 06-26-2003, 02:12 PM   #230
Adrian Baggins

yep, come and get us, I'll wake Sam up in a sec

H. Hysterically cold
I. Insanely unhuman
E. Effortlessly mocking
I. Irresistabely hott

Old 06-26-2003, 04:38 PM   #231
turtlelover
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by LutraMage
OCC Kalile, don't start beliving the propaganda. I don't live in the US, but I think your country stands for decency and honour. Sometimes the US gets things wrong - hell, its run by people and people make mistakes - but by and large the US is a force for good. When men like Hussain and Ben Laden use hatred and terror to acheive their goals (like Sauron) they have to be stopped. "All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to stand by and do
nothing." The US are good guys.
ooc: I completely agree with you the US is not bad and we DON'T kill inocent civilians tlsp so get that out of your head!

ic: I awoke next to Rosie being roughly shaken by ELB and forgot where I was for a second the suddenly my memories from the past day or so came flooding back. I remember running through a gigantic battle sneaking into the giant building and stealing the Palantier of Sauron and bringing it back to lord baggins "Samwise, SAMWISE" I was being shouted at "Wemust leave now the beast shelob has given away our position we must leave" So I got up gently awoke Rosie and in the pitch dark stumbling over rocks and falling into tiny pits every so often we walked so much I thought my feet would explode after walking much further " Here we are" my lord announced"Where?" I inquired(SP?)

"I don't know why it does this! maybe i'm allergic to bras?"-Dee
Old 06-26-2003, 04:42 PM   #232
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Gulio, Strength of Many

ooc: Does Arwen HAVE to be in this? You and pj should hook up, inserting Arewn where she doesn't belong.
OOC: Ha, ha...but i wanted to be part of the thread, and since we're modifying the story, why not? lol! Anyways...

IC: Arwen followed Gandalf and the others towards Mt. Doom. It's frame could be seen overlooking Mordor, it;s red hot flames bursting in restlessness, as the fate of Middle Earth was in a delicate balance, to be determined by the Terrible Thirteen.

The mountain grew closer and the figure of three hobbits and a wretched creature could be seen in the distance. They were scurrying to get away.

They stopped and hid behind a boulder.

"We are so close, Gandalf," said Arwen.
The weight of evil was pressing hard against her. she felt herself weakening. The sooner the ring was destroyed, the sooner she would feel at ease again.
"We must be silent, or else the actions of the halflings may turn drastic," warned Gandalf.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting

Last edited by Indril Anarion : 06-26-2003 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:21 PM   #233
LutraMage
Elven Warrior

Location: Tolkien's England where the tale grew in the telling...
Quote:
Originally posted by Indril Anarion
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
Hey Administrators, ain't there anything that you can do for the poor guy?
Old 06-26-2003, 05:39 PM   #234
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

a message from your moderator ;)

She'll have to ask an admin directly if she wants it changed but I don't know whether it actually can be changed.

People, I would really appreciate if you keep the political discussions either in PM's or in the proper threads in the General Message forum. They're a little out of place in a role play game, don't you think?
Old 06-26-2003, 07:14 PM   #235
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Yeah, its probably fer the best.

BTW, looky looky, custom title

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 06-26-2003, 07:16 PM   #236
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

OOC: sorry.

IC: "we sould mov quickly." Said Legolas" if we sneak up to them and capture them, things may not go so bad."

Old 06-26-2003, 09:56 PM   #237
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

Theoden agreed with Legolas. He didn't want any harm to come to the hobbits. It was then that he noticed a female hobbit being dragged along by a disgusting looking creature. "How many hobbits went with you again?" he wispered to Gandalf.

Gimli gazed sadly at Frodo, no longer the bright-eyed, determined hobbit he once knew. Frodo, now Evil Lord Baggins, was starting to resemble Gollum. He was incredibly thin, and Gimli saw him bring out the Ring and stroke it. "We shall rule the world together, won't we preciousssssss," he crooned faintly. Gimli shuddered. It is such a sad fate, one that should happen to no one. Gimli's resolve hardened, "We MUST destroy it,'' he thought. He looked over to Merry and Pippin. "This must be even harder for them," he thought, "To have known and loved Frodo all their lives, and to see him like this."

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:07 PM   #238
Silme*Christian
Lady of Lamedon

"No! Wait!" Legolas wispered" We can't TAKE 'it' from Frodo, we must trick him into GIVING the Ring to us" The companions looked confused, when Gandalf spoke up"Legolas is right, if we take the Ring from him, he will be like Gollum, seeking revenge for the rest of his life. He will never be the same. At least this way, he can give the Ring, and move on in his life, with a few scars to remind him. He would be at peace this way." Everyone looked doubtful.
"And how do you supose we do this deed?" asked Theoden.
"I will think of something." was the wizards reply.

Old 06-27-2003, 12:14 AM   #239
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: There is nothing wrong with popcorn munching evil dudes! And Kalile, that match of ours may very well go on!

Roya sighed and went back to battle ala ninja and was really bugging the elves-or what remained of them- when she was the short little halfing dodging about.

Roya: The halfling! Protect him men! let not the elves and men draw near!

Her forces made a thick sheild around Sam and allowed him to escape, yet Roya found her self shnoz to shnoz with Jessira.

Roya: Hello.

Jessira: Uh...what?

Roya: I said hello. you know, what one would normaly say when greeting someone....

Jessira: oh, i thought we were enimies.

Roya: well, that was before when i actually thought Sauron would amount to something. But now he is no where and you have attacked me and i am defending.

Jessira: Then lets have at it!

They do so and have this really cool crouching tiger hidden dragon fight scene that ends up with Jessira and the forces of Aragorn pushed back and Roya sitting atop her dragon steed with a bloody lip.

Roya: Not bad! but still no cigar. Archers! take aim! And please use the fire arrows this time!

A rain of arrows fell upon the attackers and drove them back. They had not noticed Roya's archers climb a tall hill behind them and take up position.

Roya: Well, its up to you now. Continue fighting with me or go save Frodo!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:17 AM   #240
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
Ooc: I reiterate! Jessira is not a fast talker. (Althought I'm beginning to think that she isn't a real fast thinker, either! )
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
Closed Thread