Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2005, 07:15 PM   #221
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Hey, I wonder where Butterbeer went; his PM box is too full to send messages to and he's not posting lately. BB, you O.K.? Come back, come back...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 06:00 PM   #222
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

BB, we miss you!
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:00 AM   #223
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Honestly. Where are we in the actual timeline?
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:46 PM   #224
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Well, I don't really pace the structure, myself, so I'm not really sure. I kind of leave the timeline up to you guys. Can you help us out, Grey Wolf? Not too many of us seem to be on line these past few days except CS and Gordis. Wonder where Butterbeer went?

Old 07-11-2005, 01:11 PM   #225
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

The girls have left Lorien, skirting it, moving north towards, perhaps Dunland, the guys are still somewhere between Lorien and the Misty mountains.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 07-11-2005 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:51 PM   #226
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quick hints.
Timeline. Now: around July 25 3018. We are to pass between Lorien and the Mountains, pass close to Eastern Moria gate, return to Anduin and go North along its course to its very source. All the way North to Gundabad. Please, have a look at the map. We have practically a month for the journey.
Now Haldir has given us a hint to search for hobbit holes at the Gladden river. So we shall visit the place and search it. The hobbit holes will be either deserted or we can find there some Stoor hobbits and kill them. There are both versions in the UT, two drafts, so we can choose whichever we prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
The girls have left Lorien, skirting it, moving north towards, perhaps Dunland, the guys are still somewhere between Lorien and the Misty mountains.
Not Dunland! Is to the South now and on the other side of the Misty mountains. We are not going over the mountains! We are following the Great River north.

I think the girls should return to the main group of six and report about the success of their mission.

Really, where is BB? And TD, for that matter?
Gordis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:53 PM   #227
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Butterbeer, I KNOW you're out there, I saw your novelette on the explosions thread. Come back to middle-earth, the ringwraiths need you.

Old 07-11-2005, 10:45 PM   #228
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
Quick hints.
Timeline. Now: around July 25 3018. We are to pass between Lorien and the Mountains, pass close to Eastern Moria gate, return to Anduin and go North along its course to its very source. All the way North to Gundabad. Please, have a look at the map. We have practically a month for the journey.
Now Haldir has given us a hint to search for hobbit holes at the Gladden river. So we shall visit the place and search it. The hobbit holes will be either deserted or we can find there some Stoor hobbits and kill them. There are both versions in the UT, two drafts, so we can choose whichever we prefer.

Not Dunland! Is to the South now and on the other side of the Misty mountains. We are not going over the mountains! We are following the Great River north.

I think the girls should return to the main group of six and report about the success of their mission.

Really, where is BB? And TD, for that matter?
OK, thanks! that's all I needed to know.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:03 PM   #229
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

phew!

ok i think i'm back up to speed ...

lotesse: thanks for the thoughts! I'm fine thankfully. Sorry i haven't been around - its been not exactly quiet here and we have been very busy: when i did get a mo' yesterday like you say i spent what time i had writing god knows what in the explosons thread ... wow that was a read and a half to be sure!

when i tried to get back saturday the whole bloody city centre had been evacuated on intelligence reports: so i drove north to friends and stayed there on Sunday ... beautiful place and great weather (if a little hot .. but not complaining!)

I will probably not be around much for a while anyway unless i can squeeze some time in somewhere .... Manchester today, London tommorow (back on the tube like it should be) then Manchester Thurs, and then in a meeting / BBC /PACT event all day fri, then the south west all weekend.

but you guys are fine anyway .... loved all the sex in the city (of trees) stuff

DOC! Grey wolf! : hey how are you? I think i got that link (it was in my junk mail? i should try to check that particular email more than i do ... but it's always putting good stuff in the junk mail - it kinda defeats the object if i have to look in there to get genuine mail!)

anyway will have a look when i get a mo'

Good posting GW: the slow-down pill has worked! i liked the whole haldir and the wanton wraiths scene!

However: sorry to be a pain, but here's another pill:

the BB 'bamboozeling buster bite' i like to call it - for no other reason than i do.

this pill has the effect of distinguishing the ( excellent and seminal) LYRD thread from the Fellowship with ref to the context of the thread re: posting modern-day stuff as asprin and movies etc ...

as an alternative ( your'e NOT joking! ) account of the war of the ring from a wraith perspective there cannot be such things as aspirins and movies etc.

* hands our good Doc a pill with a smile and a wink*

moving on - whatever happened to mary-jane? : did she take some acid, get an attitude and decide to rebel against the steryotypical lifestyle/gender/ fashion moires of the age?

If Td would show up ( personally i think it scandalous he hasn't posted here for a bit ) perhaps he and i (and DOC) could have some fun throwing off our - what was it? Marty Jon ? shackles and have some good ol' fun too.

whaddya reckon?
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 09:16 PM   #230
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Hi, BB, nice to hear from you. I don't feel like posting story today, you guys, I just got home from S.F. and now I'm going through a difficult break-up and am trying to apartment hunt and pack, etcetera; so, I'll try to put in from time to time but unfortunately I don't really have much creative or happy energy right now.

Old 07-12-2005, 11:15 PM   #231
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
phew!

ok i think i'm back up to speed ...

lotesse: thanks for the thoughts! I'm fine thankfully. Sorry i haven't been around - its been not exactly quiet here and we have been very busy: when i did get a mo' yesterday like you say i spent what time i had writing god knows what in the explosons thread ... wow that was a read and a half to be sure!

when i tried to get back saturday the whole bloody city centre had been evacuated on intelligence reports: so i drove north to friends and stayed there on Sunday ... beautiful place and great weather (if a little hot .. but not complaining!)

I will probably not be around much for a while anyway unless i can squeeze some time in somewhere .... Manchester today, London tommorow (back on the tube like it should be) then Manchester Thurs, and then in a meeting / BBC /PACT event all day fri, then the south west all weekend.

but you guys are fine anyway .... loved all the sex in the city (of trees) stuff

DOC! Grey wolf! : hey how are you? I think i got that link (it was in my junk mail? i should try to check that particular email more than i do ... but it's always putting good stuff in the junk mail - it kinda defeats the object if i have to look in there to get genuine mail!)

anyway will have a look when i get a mo'

Good posting GW: the slow-down pill has worked! i liked the whole haldir and the wanton wraiths scene!

However: sorry to be a pain, but here's another pill:

the BB 'bamboozeling buster bite' i like to call it - for no other reason than i do.

this pill has the effect of distinguishing the ( excellent and seminal) LYRD thread from the Fellowship with ref to the context of the thread re: posting modern-day stuff as asprin and movies etc ...

as an alternative ( your'e NOT joking! ) account of the war of the ring from a wraith perspective there cannot be such things as aspirins and movies etc.

* hands our good Doc a pill with a smile and a wink*

moving on - whatever happened to mary-jane? : did she take some acid, get an attitude and decide to rebel against the steryotypical lifestyle/gender/ fashion moires of the age?

If Td would show up ( personally i think it scandalous he hasn't posted here for a bit ) perhaps he and i (and DOC) could have some fun throwing off our - what was it? Marty Jon ? shackles and have some good ol' fun too.

whaddya reckon?
*Takes the 'bamboozeling buster bite' that'll remedy future posting from modern references*

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 07-12-2005 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:39 PM   #232
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Am doing quite fine. Working longer weeks now due to my collegues having their vacations. BTW, couldn't you somehow refine the selecting process for junkmail by the setting of it? Or is that too advanced?

Thanks.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 07-12-2005 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:57 PM   #233
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Hi, you guys. Can somebody (other than me) take the reins on our story, as in WHERE ARE THE GUYS and why are us girlwraiths turning into such petty, shallow - O.K., sorry, I'm in a fairly black mood as of late. Carry on.

Old 07-13-2005, 06:16 PM   #234
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
why are us girlwraiths turning into such petty, shallow - O.K., sorry, I'm in a fairly black mood as of late. Carry on.
What is really the problem with our baby-Viv? Overheated in sunlight?

Now, TD, you have to post. Where is Khamul? Reporting to Sau in secret via his hidden P-tir?
Old 07-13-2005, 06:26 PM   #235
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Viv's getting the fall-off from her writer, she's not usually so agro or whatever.

Old 07-13-2005, 06:27 PM   #236
CrazySquirrel

Where are TD and BB, really?
Old 07-13-2005, 07:00 PM   #237
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I don't know, man, it's getting old tho - you GUYS, where ARE you?!
*yells*
TELCONTAR!!!

BUTTERBEER!!!

dammit! *grumbles under breath*

Old 07-14-2005, 03:42 PM   #238
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

*stiff upper lip English accent*

I say did someone call?

Well i did post just the other day and also say on that post that i'm really busy right now ... shouldn't even be on here ... but i am beyond tired and sod it! work can wait a while, i need some R & R and a drink! ( i have a bottle of white) ... (still AT work though .... luckily there's no one can tell me jack **** on that score ...)

just got back from London late today, luckily didn't have to go to Manchester today and knew that from 8am this morning... (whilst also trying to give technical support over a dodgy phone connection to the Manchester boys .. and simultaneously attempting to chaperone 2 of my young Neices to get their scooters and be ready for the urban trek (a beautiful one i must say in the sun - through the park and over the river to chelsea) off to their primary school with me bruv' ... ahem i digress .. ( personal note: i really needed this wine and time! ) ...

anyway back to the point ...

(if i'd heard that by 930am (ref: going to manchester) i would have been extremely pissed off: and frankly ... well ... as Lotesse probably wisely cut that off so will I ... anyway it worked out well! - and i hope it does too for you lotesse - only briefly caught your post and haven't checked any other threads but if you want ... feel free to use this thread for any posts you want ! - anyone wants to challenge cross-threading can go jump! (and that's official! anyway - good luck and hope you are feeling (?) ...er.. ok? ... LIFE eh? .. well it's for living for sure and a dull life isn't living in any real sense ... the good times , the bad times, they make you realise you are alive.. imagine a rich tapestry woven from your life story (obviously not by Eowyn's easy pay for instant bodge-work & Co ... strap-line: i really do not want to be doing tapestries anyway!) ...

tell you one thing though, from yesterday and today since last Thursday ... i have noticed (and many others too) a BIG difference in general Londoner's attitude ... it's one hell of a lot friendlier and 'together' post-bombings, than it normally is.

Gotta say: the difference (for good) is genuinely remarkable and ubiquitous.

(how long for ... is another matter but it's tangiable and real)

Ps ref: the fellowship ... didn't i do a card-calling ... and open rpg invitation with the 'whoooosh!' the other day? ... i'll go an check!

and this (not posting business) from " oh... did you start the rpg then?" our esteemed Crazy Squirell ... and ...

"let's send out the wraith 'missing: assumed technically challenged' hunter's party for Lotesse " Lotesse!

My!

I must do a time and motion study (PS: Never! what a hideous idea!) ... and see if i am somehow 'under-achieving' here1

Joking aside though - i shall try the next few days and join in but have sheer everest-like commitments for a few days ... so bear with me!

anyone in to a 'hunt the Td' mission?

hey! hope you are good and well and OK ... TD! - only kidding - look forward to when you can rejoin our friendly fellowship.

best all BB!
Old 07-14-2005, 03:57 PM   #239
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Butterbeer, great to hear from you! Man, I wish we could track down T D... I'm hesitant to post any story input right now; I feel like others should be given a chance to shape our story's progress and besides, I'm at a loss for new ideas of my own.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:45 PM   #240
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

hey hope you are 0k lotesse ... well i share your viewpoint .... i am well behind on it ... BUT ... hey it's an easy go lucky rpg just at the mo' ... though it may be 'tightened' just a touch when all can touch base .... but hopefully still an inclusive and friendly and fun place to be .. with some serious alternative tolkien-world ideas and viewpoints place for RPG ... i for one have still not given up (? give up - never! on Olmer being interested if we can can both hit 2 butons at once: a heady mix of real deabte AND fun Rpg ...

i think the balance though has to be clearly (and inclusively) met ...

I'd really like this rpg to be both inclusive, moot-cross threading, and fun BUT essentially be geared around the roots: i.e IF and MANY other Tolkien debates .... (or moot, if you will ) points ... a heady mixture of fun, yes, but also historical observation ...

I feel we have achieved some cross mooter multi-threading and fun for sure and long may it contuinue ... but also i feel we MUST be true to our roots post Earniel intereventon ....

what say you all?

An RPG that both is vibrant, fun, AND challenging?

these are my hopes...

On a personal message: it's been great to see an ever-incresing number throughout the world we-live-in join- in: for that from all us wraiths (speaking personally) , cheers!

I have personallly found it an enjoyable and warm experience .. MUCH NEEDED in these times of ours ... so, please (when you can) carry-on wraithing!

best all,

BB

ps where is gordis?