Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-19-2002, 07:35 PM   #221
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

Location: Somewhere in the chaos between the first and second ages! (Actually, CO)
It seemed as if every day was dark and everything became black. A foul stench assaulted my nostrils and I didn't dare to breath deeply. All about me there were always shuffling feet or poking fingers. When I dared open my eyes, I found I was trussed to a pole and all around me there were orcs. There weren't that many, it seemed that I had stumbled upon an orc patrol. Or they stumbled upon me. I quickly tried to check to see if I had my weapons. My bow and quiver were gone. My knife, hidden in my cloak was still there, and the knives in my boots were still there. But my throwing knives were gone. I tried to concentrate, but I couldn't even begin to try. Then, I found we were slowing and I was dropped on a stone floor. We were in a great cavern near some mountain range or something. I couldn't really tell. I was in a dark corner, and some orc loosened my hands and the gag on my mouth. It fed me some sort of foul soup and then it was gone. But, it had forgotten to tighten my hands. I watched this orc closely and found that it was new to the patrol. A larger orc called it over.
"What of the prisoner, Junfik?" The orc looked at me. Anticipating this, I moved my hands to gether, and got the gag in my mouth as best I could. i vainly "struggled" to get free. The small one nodded and gestured. I couldn't hear what it said but the large orc nodded and it went away. The sun began to rise and the orcs settled down. But they didn't sleep. I panicked. I could only hope that someone would find me.
Ask me anything
"I have not failed, I've only found 10,000 ways that won't work."
-Thomas Edison
Visit Tolkien RP Site! Need members, RP all three Ages! (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) http://elvellon.suddenlaunch2.com
"Yay, I can hear the voices in my head again!
Dolenloteiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 10:31 PM   #222
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: dats o tay

ic: Brokehorn and I found our way to a clearing were it seemed a struggle was put up and beside a tree a broken bow that was Dolenloteiel's laid next to a berch tree. I groand. This is horrible!
"I am guessing orcs have her for questioning for the ring." I told Brokehorn who looked worriedly at the broken bow and at the scene of what looked like a horrible fight.
Pip looked at the scene and bowed his head in guilt. As I was going to comfort him hoove beats clomped the ground on the trail ahead of us. In the distance our old friends Aralorn and Gandalf appeared battered up but smiling at the sight of us. I ran quickly over to them and told them of Dolenloteiel and the battle. Gandlaf sighed. He looked at the bow then at the scattered broken arrows cluttering the ground. Aralorn looked at me with a smile of releif to know most of the company was still safe. Or as safe as it can get with orcs around. I transformed back into my wolf form and from a bit of torn cloth from Dolenloteiel's clothing I had finally caught the sent. Brokehorn did the same and also caught the sent and smiled in her wolfish way. We ran down the trail in the young elfs pursuet. We came upone a large camp were it was almost an islend surrounded by foul smelling swamp water. In the distance an orc commander shouted out orders to his crew to take a prisoner food and make sure she was tied up good. I growled.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:47 PM   #223
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

Location: Somewhere in the chaos between the first and second ages! (Actually, CO)
OCC I'm going to be gone until Monday. Have fun at this and I'll get asap!!! Happy Thanksgiving!
Ask me anything
-Thomas Edison
Visit Tolkien RP Site! Need members, RP all three Ages! (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) http://elvellon.suddenlaunch2.com
Old 11-21-2002, 06:57 AM   #224
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Iwill also be gone but only from Friday to Monday. Or was that SUnday. Ya Sunday. Happy thanks giving Dolenloteiel.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:04 PM   #225
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: Without thinking from fear I jumped into the swamp water before anyone could grab me. I swam as fast as my wolf legs could carry me towards the orc camp. Aralorn jumped in slowly after me and grabbed me before I was seen. He dragged me back to shore and behind the bushes.
"Are you in you'r mind dear friend?" he asked with a shacking note in his usually grave voice.
"Sorry. I just don't wnat Dolenloteiel to get hurt."
"We all don't want that." Said a very shacken looking Brokehorn.
Old 11-25-2002, 11:17 PM   #226
Brokehorn4000
Elven Warrior

I waded into the murky water and followed Sicirus towards the camp. On the way I lost my footing a little and ended up covered in mud from head to tail, but, luckily, I hadn't made a sound. Trudging quietly through the water, we came closer to the orcs, and Dolenloteiel. I looked at Sicirus and nodded toward the largest orc, who seemed to be the one in command ( he was barking orders left and right). Beneath his lumbering shadow lay an elf. The commander walked away to scold the cook ( if indeed orcs can cook) for burning the dinner, leaving our friend unattended. I was analyzing the situation and how we could take the creatures by surprise, as was Aralorn and Sicirus. Hidden by heavy bracken, we devised a plan.
Old 11-26-2002, 04:22 PM   #227
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

The plan was simple: I should burn part of their camp, and Sicirus the other. Then Aralorn and Ethereal should sneak into the camp while Brokehorn would announce where she's placed to the orcs, and they will go to attack her. As you can learn from this plan, orcs aren't the most smart race.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 11:30 PM   #228
Ethereal
Hobbit

Since orcs are obviously not one of the smarter races, our simplistic plan to overtake their camp worked! As Sicirus and Gandalf set flames upon opposite ends of the camp, Aralorn and I quietly and swiftly made our way through the shadows and confusion to the innermost part of the camp site. Orcs ran chaoticly by us, heading towards safer land. And as for the few orcs that stayed behind to try and put out the flames, Aralorn and I quickly speared them using bows and arrows that the orcs had left behind. Soon, however, Aralorn and I realized that the entire camp site had become engulfed with flames, leaving a narrow path for our exit which too was quickly disappearing. Aralorn and I looked at each other, and both ran towards the only clear path out.

Last edited by Ethereal : 11-26-2002 at 11:32 PM.
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 12:43 PM   #229
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

The next thing I knew, the camp was in flames. The orcs were runnning everywhere. I waited, hoping my companions would come, but I waited in vain. I was lucky my hands were untied so I untied my legs, and began to search for my weapons. i found my knives and so I began to make my way out of the cave. But there wasa wall of fire in front of me! I backed into the cave, hoping I could wait for my friends. Finally I couldn't stand it. I ran into the flames and ran ran as fast as I could. the next thing I knew, I was on the ground covered in water. "She'll be alright" said Gandalf
Ask me anything
-Thomas Edison
Old 11-27-2002, 09:02 PM   #230
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: I ran with my wand clutched in my hand readfy to burn my half of the camp to dust. I yelled a spell out and the a blue flame jumped from the tip of my wana onto the tents. The fire shaped itsself into a phoenixwhich faled brightly and flew around the camp smitting each tent with its falming blue and gold wings. As soon as it had finished I called it back and it perched its self on my arm. I ran with Gandlaf towards the spot were Dolenloteiel was tied and found her out of her bonds and we put water on her to put out the fire she had caught herself on. She smiled. We rejoined the rest of the feloowship and Aralorn and Ethereal had made it back. Brokehorn joined them with Pippin and poko by her side.
pippin fingered his ring sadly."Its all my fault all this. What are we going to do?"
"Elrond is going to come soon." I promised to the slightly crying Hobbit.
"this is just like Frodo's burden only.. only I cannot handle it like he had."
"I will send my phoenix to find Elrond and tell us how close he is."
"It will be fine my dear Hobbit. " I held his shoulder and hoped to myself. It will be fine. Won't it?
Old 11-30-2002, 03:54 PM   #231
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

OCC i'm kinda confused about what's going on here. We're supposed to be heading to Rohun (sp?) so Lothsell can join in. What was the point of going to Isengard anyway? I think we need to get this story straight before we go any farther.
Ask me anything
-Thomas Edison
Old 12-01-2002, 11:39 AM   #232
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: We are missing entss. Brokehorn can't answer much and I have no idea how to get the rpg back on track.
I think we already went to Rohan and now we are going to Isengard I guess to ask the ents for info on the mysterious ring. We are still waiting for my phoenix to reply. I guess you can just make some situation up.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:43 PM   #233
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

OCC ok, so we need some help. Either we re read the whole first few pages and try to get back on track. Or we re invent a new story as we go along. ok, so I guess we need some input. I'll open a discussion for this RPG so we can talk about this somewhere other than this RPG thread.
Ask me anything
-Thomas Edison
Old 12-03-2002, 07:16 AM   #234
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: How about we pm all the characters and ask about a plot. I think we need to head off to a place thats new and not described ind not described in the book yet the land is still in Middle Earth.How about we try to figure out the history of the ring. We stumble upone a secret elven city that icelated themselves from other elves and humans. We must earn their trust for them to help us. And Elrond answers back about the ring. Pm meand we can descuss more about this.
Old 12-04-2002, 04:21 PM   #235
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

occ: ok.... than, what are we doing now?
Old 12-05-2002, 10:27 AM   #236
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Hpw about Elrond tells us the ring has to be destroyed in Valanar and we have to take a ship there and destroy it with the help of the new elves. The new elves could be elves who never folloed the other elves into the new land but avoided being torued into orcs. They can come with us.
Old 12-05-2002, 05:04 PM   #237
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

occ: Sounds fine to me. I think you can start now again the rpg.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:27 PM   #238
Ethereal
Hobbit

ooc: sounds like a good plan to me! thanks for clearing that up sicirus
Old 12-06-2002, 01:55 PM   #239
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Ok lets start after we rescue Dolenloteil and now we are camoing out in a wood unknown to us.

ic; We sat around the fire all nervous with the presence of Pippin and the blasted ring. What did this ring posses. It did not seem to be evil yet it seemed it knew a secret that no other could describe but the owner its self.
Pip fingered the ring as though it neede to be protected and warmed up from some unknown coldness that only he could feel.
At last the fire dimed out leaving only wisps of smoke rising with the light breeze. In the distance as I watched the sky a glow of gold flew our way. At first it seemed to be only a shooting star but then as it grew it became my phoenix with a note tied to its leg. The phoenix flew over to where I sat amd it perched on my bag. I untied the note and gave him a thankyou teat of bread and butter then unfolded the note. The note was written in small delicate writting and was signed by Elrond.

I beleive the ring you have described to me is another forgotten ring of power. This ring should NOT end up in the hands of evil for its history is only remembered by those who have seen the days of Melkor and the dark times of his reign. This ring I am afraid has no way of being destroyed in my knoledge. You must seek the answers from elves who have not joined us in this new land. But I cannot tell you were to search. Good luck to you and may Illuvatar light your darkend path.

At that I knew our trust must be put into the two young elves who had joined our fellowship and hoped Elrond's prais and prayer would stay with us. The phoenix looked at me then I let it sleep. I petted its back with appreciation and woke Gandalf and Brokehorn up to show them the letter.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:34 PM   #240
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

I hate when Elrond dosen't tell everything he really know. It makes me mad. Too bad he sent us a note, and didn't come himself to here. I could've get more infromation from that. Anyway, we really didn't know where to go, because Elrond didn't wrote us this. I suggested to go to the old elves lands, as Mirkwood and Lothlorien, but Sicirus insisted to go before that to Fangorn first, to ask the advice of the ents.