Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-29-2002, 02:54 PM   #221
Samwise Gamgee
Hobbit

I've had three LoTR dreams, quite different, though!
First was a Hobbit one, first time I red it. I dreamed I was at the meeting of the wargs, but couldn't find any trees. I could see the 14 others in the trees, but for some reason I couldn't get up. It was one of those ones where I woke up jus before the wargs devoured me!
Second, I was in The Shire, best buddy with Frodo, Sam, Meriadoc & Pippin and Bilbo was like a wise old man who used to tell us stories. (you know those realy freaky dreams when they've got a history and everything!) It was delightful!
Final one is really dark & demented! I have a recurring nightmare I'm in Barad-Dur. There are these really huge doors which I can't close and all these wormlike things with huge teeth keep coming after me. As if that ain't bad enuf there's a river of lava flowing through! This 1 is t only 1 I've hd sins I saw t film! Thanks PJ.
Actually, I forgive u!
________
TOP VAPOR TOWER VAPORIZER

Last edited by Samwise Gamgee : 09-20-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Samwise Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 04:58 PM   #222
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

I had a very weired dream which was LOTR based.
Me and my friend (Erendil from here) were in the woods and we were trying to climb trees (like elves) and Eowyn was there as well (from the film). We were using the stringy bits from a (cooked) chicken to help us climb as they were fastened round the top branch of the tree.
Then Legolas went passed and we were really embarrassed about using chicken to climb with and hid behing the tree and he didn't see us.
I can't remember the rest but it was very mad (crazy, strange, weired)!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 07:51 PM   #223
Elf Girl
Lurker

I had another!

It was like this: There are Balrogs with wings, and there are balrogs without wings. Once I had been attacked by a balrog with wings. Winged ones are easier to rouse, but are not as strong as those without. Then a balrog without wings attacked me. I woke up. Sooo... Gandalf's balrog must have been one without wings, because it almost overpowered another Maia, of it's order.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 09:03 PM   #224
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

That theory explains everything!! Maybe you should have a dream about Tom Bombadil too........
Old 06-16-2002, 09:37 PM   #225
TheresaMF
Sapling

The only LotR dream I've had:

After seeing the movie several times, I still wasn't very impressed with the balrog. "Too bestial," complain, complain. In my dream, I was in my room in the attic, and at the window all the way at the other end, the balrog was trying to get in. I've forgotten the exact details, but this was the person of the balrog in the body of a monkey, cat, racoon, or some such silly animal. It was so evil, though, that ever since then I've been convinced that the movie balrog is evil.

But I don't mind not dreaming, because I'd rather have a "living-book" experience. That happens to me with The Two Towers, in Fangorn and Edoras.
TheresaMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 11:34 PM   #226
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Hey, it's been a while since I've seen this thread...

I had a weird dream the other day: I half woke up and thought that I was waking from mortal sleep to elven sleep.
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 09:49 PM   #227
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

how do you manage to have lotr dreams? Nomatter how much I think about the book I naver seem to dream about it. Or maybe I just do not remember them.
Old 06-24-2002, 10:17 PM   #228
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I think my LOTR dreams happenned while the FOTR movie was still a few weeks after first showing. Everyone was talking about it and I was watching it ever other night. I was literally thinking about the movie even during meetings at work and not even thinking of dreams. I think it will happen to me again in December or probably even when the DVDs come out.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 11:12 AM   #229
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

But I do have alot of day dreams about them though. I act like I appeared in their world and had to live with them.
Old 06-27-2002, 05:03 PM   #230
Elf Girl
Lurker

My day dreams are more along the lines of they appeared in my world and had to live with me. *heheheh*
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 06:04 PM   #231
Celandine
Elven Warrior

Once I had a dream that I was a Nazgul. I wa afraid of everything, then Gandalf pushed me of a ledge about 2 feet high because he said I was a chicken. Then I woke up it was a very strange and interesting dream.
Celandine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 06:12 PM   #232
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I do that too every once in a while. FGF
Old 08-20-2002, 06:17 PM   #233
katya
Elven Maiden

the other night i had a dream that there was a nazgul terrorizing the town where my dad lives and he and i and the rest of the town had to go destroy it, but i was scared because i figured my dad would die. i didnt want to go. i felt hopeless because i "hadnt read that far yet" and didnt know how to kill it, which made no sense. i then woke up wondering where i could find some kings foil.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 08:30 PM   #234
entss89
lord of the ents

Gollum hi

of course i do!
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 08:31 PM   #235
entss89
lord of the ents

Nazgul hi

some are evil dreams which only the wicked mine can dream up! just joking.
Old 08-20-2002, 08:46 PM   #236
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I had a dream awhile ago envolving i think the fellowship. But i mostly saw Aragorn and one of the hobbits. I was with the fellowship traped in a torn down castle. We were trying to find a way out. We were being watched and we had to go through test to work are way out. we came to a part of the castle were it had platforms you had to hop onto to get across. Then this dude asked Aragorn a question about a character in a story. I touched him on the arm and the dude asking the question said Aragorn gets eleminated cause i touched him. Then he asked another question to Aragorn and this time i asked Aragorn a question and the dude looked at me. And i said"what talking is wrong to.

I have no idea if we got out or not cause the dream ended there. I think Aragorn got angry at me though.
Old 08-20-2002, 08:59 PM   #237
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

Ohh... you're making me think back... I know I've had perhaps one or two (I hardy ever dream about things I'm interested -even obsessed- with)... but I forgot them. I know I had one a few nights ago that I was talking on the phone with Viggo (in the only form I know him-Aragorn) which was sort of funny because they didn't have phones in middle-earth... hehe I'm twisted I know but it was really dumb! Haha

I think I've dreamed of being the eagle/hawk dude. wee.

-~*Sminty*~-<DERANGED-BEWARE
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 03:58 PM   #238
entss89
lord of the ents

Tom Bombadil hi

i had a dream but it was stupid!
Old 08-22-2002, 05:21 PM   #239
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Entss89, do you actually have anything to contribute? Anything at all? Anything?
Old 08-22-2002, 05:26 PM   #240
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

Strider beardofpants

Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote