Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 11:56 AM   #201
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Shelina hesitated for a moment, but the need for another companion overcame worry about what she was saying reaching wrong ears. "I was sent by a man named Vardor, a servant of Morgoth, to seek out someone named Orpholin. Vardor has a personal grievance against him of some sort, but he told me that he'd be in these parts. Orpholin is an old man, his precise age I know not. I'd know him on sight; one of the reasons I was chosen for this mission. We've been able to certify that he is either in the village of Edlyn, or he is travelling with a group of people out on a quest. I am going to seek out the latter and see if Orpholin is with them. Probably revealing myself, my appearance is an added protection. But your help would certainly be helpful. Orpholin might put up a stiff fight; either that or his friends might pursue and have to be done away with. I was planning to get Orpholin out of the camp, and then take him to the location designated by Vardor. Having you helping me by slowing down the pursuers would be very helpful."

Erenfor strained at the ropes, grimacing in anger at Dain. He had been a strong elf, and skilled. Strength and skill come to this! Slung over a dwarf's back like a sack of rocks.

"You forget my training," Erenfor sniggered. "But I forget it myself. What's the point in having training if you can't even remember it? El'nela will flay you for this. Either that or Vardor will. Enemy come in all shapes and sizes; you can never trust."

Steward rolled his eyes and tried to shut out the insane babbling. It appeared to be having some affect on Tal, though. The man wanted news of his sister, and the only one who could give it was insane; incapable of giving anything useful.

"If we rescue El'nela, what's left of her, perhaps the blankness that fills my mind will break to pieces. Perhaps I'll be able to think again," Erenfor wept softly to himself. "I tried to protect El'nela, but there were simply to many of them! The One Again movement collapsed on the verge of victory! Just two more nights! In two more nights we will be ready to make our attack! Just give me two more nights!"

Steward tried again to shut out the insistent voice of the elf, and Erenfor drifted off into quiet mumblings about two nights and Vardor.
Old 09-06-2001, 02:24 AM   #202
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

Arcon stared at the dead Orc, and his breathing slowed. Temporarily was his wrath sustained, but now he was on the verge of flaring as he saw the Orcs running to the fallen Orc, cursing loudly in their uncouth tongue. He looked away and realised that Shelina and the man had left. He berated himself silently. She would have to depend on her own now, good riddance, he thought, as he made his way out of the clearing through the trees, back where he came from.

Then did he suddenly discern a great roar. He saw Glamdin at a distance and jumped down from the tree. Then did he run towards Glamdin at great haste and silence, worried at what he had found. He loosed his sword and picked out a handful of poisoned darts from his pouch, holding three in each hand.

Thus did he suddenly jump out from the forest into a dirt track, and landed in front of a man whom he knew by sight, yet not by name. He had an elf slung over his shoulder and behind him was a small following, but he did not look closely at the followers, for his sight was directed on the man who carried the elf.

"Villian, we meet again," Arcon said darkly as he unsheathed his sword.

In the sky, Glamdin flew threateningly low, steaming the air with his hot breath.
Old 09-06-2001, 11:23 AM   #203
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Steward turned his head in surprise as the man leapt from the underbrush, and his eyes flicked over the man. He'd seen him once, in the inn.

"Villains you call us?" Steward retorted. "You'd best mind your tongue. What we do is for a noble cause, more so than any you have ever done or been on."

Tal and Angar stepped to Dain's side, and for once Steward regretted that he had not accepted a bow and arrows.

"Come, come," Arcon taunted. "Allies? I could take any of you in single combat."

"Well for us then that we'll not give you the chance," Tal said, lunging on the last word, his sword aimed for Arcon's heart.
Old 09-06-2001, 01:00 PM   #204
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

As Tal attacked, Irid quickly called the other wolves. Now they were circling around, fighting-lust in their eyes. This was one men they had seen there, in the hut, where so many brothers and sisters were killed. Irid tried to keep them from attacking the man. If she was taken out of her concentration for 1 moment, she wouldn't be able to stop the wolves.
Old 09-06-2001, 02:17 PM   #205
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

Arcon parried the shot with his sword at the last moment but staggered backwards and fell to the ground. He clutched his sword-arm.

Tal advanced but Arcon quickly flung out his right hand and three darts flew out, narrowly missing Tal for he dodged quickly. Then did Arcon jump up and bear down on Tal as he got distracted from the darts. He only managed to kick him in the side before jumping back to avoid a Dark Elf and Dwarf who had come to their friend's aid. He stared steely at them and spoke in a brooding voice.

"I speak only to this foul elf who carries his own kind and is a destroyer of peaceful abodes. Stay out, old man, and you may perhaps see the light of tomorrow. And you," he turned to the figure in dark raiment. "I saw you in the inn in Edlyn, bearing an Elf in bounds and walking secretively. Sadly," he shook his head mockingly, "it appears you have fallen into bad company. And you," he turned to the Dwarf this time, "it surprises me to see you in the company of Elves for when I last heard, your kindred was estranged with them and got..."

His smile vanished quickly as the dwarf swung an axe at his head, but he ducked, leaving him open to a strike by the Dark Elf. Yet he only hit him with the handle and Arcon flew backwards, tasting blood on his lip. He dabbed it with his fingers and smeared it on his face, cursing darkly.

"I have heard of the valour and nobility of the people of the South, yet I have never believed these fairy tales. And thus are my beliefs confirmed this very day, for never had I thought I would see a whole band of travellers gang up to strike a single man."

Then Arcon picked himself up and stumbled a little but he held their stare rigidly. Then did he withdraw and blow his horn. Glamdin overhead gave an answering call and unleashed his wrath. For a moment, the woods around them burst into visions of fire, but the smoke cleared soon and the fire burned itself to naught. But Arcon was out of sight, for he had hidden behind a bush in the chaos.

The company began looking for him. Too far were they from his spot, and he could escape easily but then did he behold that wretched female elf again. What was her name? Ah yes, Irid. Her eyes were closed and she appeared to be in deep concentration. He looked at her for a while then unable to resist, shot a dart at her, unaware of the peril this would cause.

The dart flew straight and true at Irid. It was aimed at her neck and would reach her before she had time to react.
Old 09-06-2001, 03:42 PM   #206
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

A wolf bounded forth, into the dart's path, and the wicked barb sank deep into its flesh. It cried out with a mournful howl, and Irid turned to it, eyes wide, as it collapsed on the ground in pain. Tal quickly glanced towards where the dart had come, and cried out for the others to give chase as their foe fled off into the wild brush of the woods.

---

Grim Wolf crossed his arms at Shelina's tale, and then said, "I suppose it will do me no ill to lend aid to you, for I have made better time than I supposed. If your cause truly serves Mordor, it would be in my best interests to aid it, truly."

He trailed off, looking again at Shelina, and shaking his head, as though upset with something. He opens his mouth, as though to ask a question, when the sounds of battle suddenly echo through the woods.

"What... the orcs?" the darkhaired man wondered aloud, before his eyes grew cold and hard, and he said, "Whatever disturbance this is, it bodes not well. Let us investigate."
Old 09-06-2001, 03:53 PM   #207
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Irid awakes from her concentration by a wolf leaping in front of her, a dart in it's body. It is Jumper. At least, that's the name she gave to him, belonging with the image she has of him. He didn't die yet, and she tries to heal him, but the dart has gone too deep in the flesh of the wolf, and to stop his agony, she takes her daggar. Then she sends the image to all the wolves, and they all begin the hunt, now really searching the Killer, and not held back by Irid. He had already fled deeper in the forest, so they started running, Irid running with them. Before, she knew it wasn't him that killed the other wolves, though he was the one who captured her. But she didn't let those personal feelings influence her, until now. Now he had killed one of her friends, and he would pay for it.
The hunting wolves didn't make any sound. Quiet, but fast as lightning, they ran through the forest, grey shadows against a field of brown.
Old 09-06-2001, 08:02 PM   #208
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Shelina followed Grim Wolf closely, her dagger now drawn in her hand. As if it would do much good against trained swordsmen. She'd have to rely on the Grim Wolf to protect her if it came to fighting, and she didn't trust him. But he would help her, and he had assisted her back in the clearing with the orcs. If he could help her to accomplish this mission, perhaps Vardor would finally release her.

She laughed bitterly to herself. Release her? Who ever heard of Vardor releasing anyone, except in death when his use for them was gone. No, but she had to continue serving him, if only to make her death, when it came that much less painful.

The howling of hunting wolves grew nearer and she and Grim Wolf dodged away into the trees.

"I thought wolves served the Shadow?" she asked quietly after the hunting party had passed.

"Not these wolves," was the equally soft answer. "Wargs do, but these wolves are . . . different."

Perhaps it was for the best that I split up with Arcon, she thought to herself. And good riddance. If this is the only way he knows to catch a prisoner, I'm far better off without him. "The company is hunting right now," she said out loud. "Joining them now would not be a good idea. Perhaps after this hunt of theirs is over would be a better time, when they're more calm. I wouldn't like to lose my head before they even see who it is they're striking."
Old 09-07-2001, 01:19 AM   #209
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Grim Wolf watched quietly, hidden on an outcrop, as the wolves and adventurer's passed below.

"Wolves serve only themselves and their pack," he mused, and then turned to Shelina.

"Do you know who those were, or who they were chasing? I did not catch sight of the one fleeing, but they seemed very interested in catching him."
Old 09-07-2001, 10:40 AM   #210
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Grim wolf was about to folow the groop when suddenly huffing and puffing behined the groop came a young elf muttering to him self "slow down I sayd but nooooooo they just chareged on ahaed with out me oh well. any wayes i cant run any more im wayyyyy to tired" and so saying he sat down right infront of grim and shilana! "ohhhhh thats mutch better guess ill just weght hear for them to come back". grim wolf was half thinking about killing the boy when the elf jumped up and spun around with a yell drawing his dagger! "hey! who are you and why are you watching me?!".
Old 09-07-2001, 02:16 PM   #211
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

Arcon ran along the dirt track but he was unable to shake them off due to the visibility of the path. Pausing for a breath, he cut into the woods at the side of the path, before getting pinned to the ground. He yelled and struggles and shook this being off and picked himself up but another jumped out at him. He dodged and caught in a glance for the first time his attackers, wolves, numerous enough to be counted a pack. It was that Irid again, he cursed, and this time she had loosed a whole army upon him alone.

He drew his sword and fought off as many as he could, yet he did not pierce them for some reason but only used the sword to fend them off. Deeper he journeyed into the woods and greater the number of the wolves, and finally his strength failed him. He was pinned to the ground as another wolf snapped at his left arm. Like the savage beasts they were, all of them jumped on him and started scavenging his body.

Arcon felt his consciousness fade as the blood trickled down his face but right before he gave up hope, his right hand strayed to his bloodied left arm, feeling the skin and carnage there, for the sleeve was ripped. Then did he clutch upon the bracelet upon his wrist, and for a moment, he felt detached from what was happening.

In the sky, Glamdin suddenly stooped and loosed fire upon the assailants. So numerous were the wolves that they completely covered Arcon's body and shielded him from the blast. A great part of these wolves fell back in dismay, with singed fur and incurred wrath, but some fell to the ground a writhing, burning mass.

Arcon summoned his strength and got up. He stumbled to a tree and climbed up it, leaving a trail of red behind him. The wolves immediately surrounded the tree, barking loudly up at him, but for now he was safe. Then did Glamdin stoop once again and spit another barrage of fire. He watched while fingering the bracelet as the wolves scampered around in confusion.

The smoke finally cleared and Arcon saw that the wolves had either fled or died. Yet that did not delight him, for he had had dealings with wolves in his outings and respected them. He stared glazedly at the carnage below before his last ounce of strength finally left him. He fell from the tree and on to the ground.

--------------------

Glamdin looked down at his master's form. He was bleeding profusely, with several cuts on his face. His sleeves were ripped and his dark-green raiment had turned largely dark red. Then did Glamdin stoop again and seek to bear his master's form away but an arrow shot through the trees and impaled him in the side. It could not pierce his hide, but it hurt him. Glamdin flew away, his presence rid for a while.

Last edited by Selwythe : 09-07-2001 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-07-2001, 02:26 PM   #212
Irid al'Menie
Elven Warrior

Irid cried. She wasn't ashamed of it, for the second time that day she had lost friends in fire. She guided the remaining wolves to the nearest river, where the fire was put out. They all howled for the loss of their friends. During the hunt, other wolves had joined, and now the howl could be heard through all of the wood. She sweared that Arcon would never again feel safe in a wood where there were wolves. But they wouldn't kill him, not a chance of that. He would live in fear of wolves a long time. Every time he would come in a forest, the wolves would be there. Watching, howling. She'd make sure that would happen. This time he had gone too far. He would Pay.
Old 09-08-2001, 12:35 AM   #213
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Shelina arched an eyebrow. "That you sat down in front of us is the primary reason. Come," she said, taking Grim Wolf by the arm and standing up. "That's the last of them." Suddenly however, she took a closer look at the boy, her interest rekindled. "But what about you, boy? You journey with these people who just ran across our path. We paused to let them continue the chase, it is none of our affair. But who are they chasing?"

Grim Wolf crossed his arms and glanced down at the boy, his gaze ice. The boy shuddered slightly at his appearance, his hand going to his staff's haft.

A smile quirked the other man's lip, but it vanished so quickly it might never have been.

"Well?" Shelina asked in as gentle a voice she could manage, hoping that this wouldn't come to violence. The boy would be far better help giving information freely than spouting blood on the ground.
Old 09-08-2001, 12:26 PM   #214
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

"I have no idea who thay are chasing" the boy answerd, nervisly fingering his dagger. *sompthing about this man is making me feel jumpy. but dont be a fool he wont hurt you* the boy looked grim wolf in the eye, or at least he tryed to but he had to look away after a secont "who are you? and why are you so interested in my companions?" *hummmm if im not right ill look like a fool but i want to know who these people are* "your from mordor arn't you?" he asked.

Last edited by Tessar : 09-08-2001 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-08-2001, 01:45 PM   #215
Selwythe
Elven Warrior

*OOC, the enemy is in Angband/Thangorodrim/Utumno, not Mordor And please, capture me.*
Old 09-08-2001, 01:59 PM   #216
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

OOC* yes i know. but the mordor thingy is just cuse the boy knows very littel about it.
Old 09-08-2001, 02:11 PM   #217
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

OOC: Well, Mordor doesn't exist yet, which is why the question is odd. And just about everyone will know of Angband, I'm sure. Don't worry, I almost slipped up a few posts back and said Mordor too. ~grin~

IC:

Grim Wolf paused, for a moment, then said, "Why don't you call me Sandor? As for where I am from... many places. As for my interest, I rarely see people running on such a vicious chase through the woods, and it sparked my curiousity, shall we say. I am set to meet someone near here, and did not expect the region to suddenly become so... crowded."
Old 09-08-2001, 02:43 PM   #218
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

OOC* hu no mordor?! what kind of place is this! im leaving!
lol im just kidding. i didnt know there was no mordor hehe sorry
oh well atleast im a good littel boy
Old 09-08-2001, 04:47 PM   #219
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

"But you do travel with these people," Shelina pressed. "Surely you know something of what's going on."
Old 09-09-2001, 09:46 AM   #220
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

OOC* OK i dont think that i know very much about whats going on or why there chasing him so this is the boys guess. of coures its wrong

"well ummm i think that there chasing after a man named grim wolf who is some kind of slave master and i guess that they must have found him so there chasing him"

OOC* hehe hows that for a mixt up story.
Closed Thread