Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-01-2003, 01:01 PM   #201
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

You would be correct, I think. . .

However, I am back in Portland now, and rather busy. I'll try to get to plot as soon as I can, but I'm working around 19 credits and no internet access on the computer in my room. Icky.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 10:33 PM   #202
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Well, good luck with it! Are you going to a library to use the internet?
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 03:31 PM   #203
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

I hope you get to come on here sometimes EG.

Since I am unconscious I haven't posted, but I can initiate plotfullness if you liked? Any particular plans Roya for the way you wanted it started, PM me if so else I'll make it up as soon as I have a moment.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 03:44 PM   #204
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

And please copy me on it so i am not left in the dark. Leaving the person who is supposed to do the deed in the dark is not a good idea.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:21 AM   #205
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Hi guys. How are all of you?

I've got a little less in terms of credits now, but I've found myself busy, exhausted and lacking in any sort of motivation for the quest as of now, anyway. As in, I love the quest and want to continue it, but I still have sketchy internet access at best (i.e. using my friend's computer when she'll let me, and the labs which are really for important email stuff and schoolwork) and I've got too much on my mind otherwise to think about it. Blech.

So. I'm wondering, since I'm Captain, and since I have some plot stuff in mind that I'm really looking forward to writing once I have the brain space, if we could, again, put the quest on hold. I know, it's not very nice of me, rather selfish, but I AM after all a co-conspiritor in the entirety of this quest (hey, I startd the whole elf-pirate thing, I think...yeah...) and I want to be the one to make the plot move forward, as it's my plot or at least half mine. Yesh. So, would that be alright? I'm thinking of, oh, until December at the very latest (Dec. 19th to be precise) and hopefully earlier. And I'll be home for fall break and thanksgiving break, which gives me time also. Only a little, like twenty minutes of computer time, but less homework to worry about.

E XK, if you could email me to tell me what people seem to think? Because I really shouldn't be visiting the 'moot after this. Ur. Um. Email me at emy@lclark.edu. Oh, and any of you who have questions, email me there; it's more likely to reach me. Yesh. Thanks.

HOpe all of you are well.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 09:16 AM   #206
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

I don't mind....good luck with school captain! Hopefully I'll see you soon!
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 01:38 PM   #207
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Putting it on hold is fine with me, EG. But what does your twin thinks of it? EXK? What you're thinking about this?

You two are both the main plotting power (and not to mention the highest ranking officers) in this RPG. If you two say to put it on hold than I have no problem with it. Though december is very far off, will there still be interest if the game is cold for so long?
Old 09-17-2003, 03:00 PM   #208
Elfmaster XK

Well, here is what I think.

I knew that the Captain was going to have little access and time when she went back to college, and thus it has been shown true. I also know that she loves the quest as much as I (and I daresay we all) do, and so understand that she doesn't want to miss out on taking an active part.

However, Captain though she is, this thread is something we have all put our time into. I am torn between wanting to continue, and wanting to wait for my twin. And I also agree with the navigator; Though december is very far off, will there still be interest if the game is cold for so long? This is what concerns me mostly as I don't want the quest to die!

So I am going to propose to the Captain that I guide the game through a side plot until she returns. If she's okay with it, then we will. If she'd prefer not to though, I will abide by her word. She is my Captain and twin, and I trust her judgement. So; I'll email her about it with what y'all are sayin'. Then I'll let her response be known to the crew. Does this sound fair to all?

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-17-2003, 04:45 PM   #209
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

ExK--
I'm fine with that. It would be nice to have a side-plot so that we can still go, if not at full speed, but wait for the Captain to continue the main plotline.
Perhaps we could fall into a temporal loophole so that no time passes in the real world...and so the main plotline could stay even if we went gallivanting off for months.

I also offer up Mr. Dragon as a possible plotline--something to do with the seadragons, I mean. PM if you want it--or if you have something else in mind, that's great too.

Weaponsmaster Tanoliel

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 03:04 AM   #210
Earniel

A side-plot would get my preference over putting it on hold for several months. There are several options available for side-plots, if we put our minds to it to work one out.

Quote:
Then I'll let her response be known to the crew. Does this sound fair to all?
Aye.
Old 09-18-2003, 04:33 PM   #211
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel

I also offer up Mr. Dragon as a possible plotline--something to do with the seadragons, I mean. PM if you want it--or if you have something else in mind, that's great too.

Weaponsmaster Tanoliel
I'll PM you as soon as I know what EG wants, either way. Then we can talk plot if this is what is to happen.

Quote:
A side-plot would get my preference over putting it on hold for several months. There are several options available for side-plots, if we put our minds to it to work one out.
I've let her know this.

Will be back to you as soon as possible.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-18-2003, 09:08 PM   #212
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Putting it on hold for so long seems rather dangerous to me. I would think that a nice lengthly side plot would serve the role play better by keeping it alive. I can manufacture something if it's needed. I've been discovering weird back histories between Ignatius Bob and Willow that I could modify to fit the quest.

But also, couldn't the Cap'n write out her posts on e-mail and then someone post them for her? That way she could still be involved even though she can't come on the moot.

If that's not possible though, then I vote for the side plot.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 04:21 AM   #213
Earniel

So? What is the verdict? It's been over a month now. Although there is obviously still interest into continuing the game, we need to agree on what we're going to do with it.
Old 10-25-2003, 06:40 AM   #214
Elfmaster XK

EG agreed the game could continue with side plots, but she would like to be informed of any such plots we do start on.

I think that Tano should be appointed to start off the first side plot to do with the sea dragons.

I am not around very much anymore because my course is taking up the majority of my time at the moment as I have essays to write. Once those are out of the way I should have more time to devote to the game, so it will be better if someone who is here more often leads this side plot. If no one wants to then I'll set one up in a big side-plot filled post and then let you all have your say and finish up in a big post too. Am sure that could work.

Sorry for the silence.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 10-25-2003, 01:37 PM   #215
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Give me a minute...I'll start something with the sea dragons. If someone else has a massive idea, ask me...
T

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 10-27-2003, 10:23 PM   #216
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Is there some way I can join back in please?
I cant catch uo its too mcuh to read and stay online for my pc. But if some one can try (attempt such a dangerous mission) to catch me up then I would be eternaly gratful and at your service. *bows*

Old 10-27-2003, 10:48 PM   #217
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Damn double posting!

Last edited by The last sane person : 10-28-2003 at 02:02 AM.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:48 PM   #218
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

er...well....

1)we interogated Luthien and she became a seamstress....

2) Ear found some wacky papers regarding the wine.

3) it was held as a good idea to go into a port where the cap'n, first mate and someone else went and picked up a vampire to help guid them to the wine (because it was written that only one of the undead could take them to the wine)

4) I went in a forged papers while in the port and got into a bar fight, subsequentaly dragging Kitty into the thread. She became the galley slave and Luthien went to work with her.

5) Some how while going through all of that we find out that Willow is some sort of faerie princess and we are chased by a buncha faeries in a ship.

6) Willow is allowed to stay and we sail on...

7) then out of the blue this things takes a twist and becomes "Drunk elf of the Carribean; quest for the holy wine" with the first mate getting kidnapped by a guy named Obsidian and his crew on the emrald Star and taken to tortuga.

8) we sail after them and finally do a sneak attack and recapture out first mate. Now there is some backstory between Me, EG, E XK and Obsidian that will unfold itself later on.

9) we somehow escape and sail like mad until we bump into this dragon....and thingws have kinda digressed from there as the CAPTIAN is currently bogged down to the point where she cant post much at all. We are now sailing thru pointless limbo and there is talk of a side story.
Old 10-28-2003, 12:32 AM   #219
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Sici--
The problem is, our dear Captain EG is currently being held hostage by the evils of college, and is therefore unavailable to lead our ship, nor does she wish the storyline to contine without her (for which I do not blame her).
I think our first mate is tied up with college in Wales. Correct me if I'm wrong, ExK--but I haven't seen her in a while either.

There was a sea dragon, see, whom I know...and I'm going to start up a side plot with that to keep the thread going until EG gets back (maybe end of November for a few days?)

Anyone with any ideas for me, please PM me...my font of inspiration is a little dry. I'll do my best, though.

Tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 10-28-2003, 11:08 AM   #220
Earniel

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicirus
Is there some way I can join back in please?
Well you never really dropped out. It's been a while since you posted, true, but I think we've kept your character still going so I suppose there isn't really a problem. I think as soon as Tano gets the side plot started, you can just continue like you never left.