Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2002, 09:36 PM   #201
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Quote:
So how about we just stick with plane old none religion involving creatures so no body starts to get others angry.
That's going to be pretty hard, as quite a lot of the creatures mentioned in this thread are actually in the Bible.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 09:37 PM   #202
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Siricus:
Although that was really nicely put, it was still an attempt to censor... are you not the one who had the quote in their sig regarding peoples rights to say things, even if you don't like what they have to say? I've said it before, I'll say it again: if you don't like it... ignore. I believe that people have the maturity to discuss these things without it degenerating into a fight.

Thank you, CBG!
Old 09-07-2002, 09:55 PM   #203
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Your right you do have your right to post what you think. If you believe that satan is a myth beast, than i can't change that. but now that you said it try to think of another myth beast you like.

Oh and my name is spelled SICIRUS not SIRICUS.

Its just I really like to stand up for my friends. And I really get pi*** off when people are annoying them.
Old 09-07-2002, 09:58 PM   #204
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Like another mythological creature.... the werewolf. Guess that makes him an animagus.
Damn. You win.

Satan can be counted as a mythological beast then.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 09-07-2002 at 09:59 PM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 10:55 PM   #205
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Hey, for all you know, you may be talking of 2 or more different Satans. One is real, the others are mythological.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 02:37 AM   #206
Hrothgar
Hobbit

can't decide between the Grendel, the Lernian Hydra, or things called the Lamiai or lamiae if you want to be Roman about it. Greek vampires!

No one is without fault

Amo discere linguam Latinam, potero enim docere eam.

To see my face go hither
http://46728074.home.icq.com/personal.html
Hrothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 09:08 AM   #207
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Let me follow up on what CBG was alluding to.

For all those of us here who wish religion to be have no part in this thread (Brokehorn4000 and Sicirus especially), I feel that I must make mention of a few things:

Because dragons are mentioned in the Bible, they are not mythological beasts. Here's the evidence:

Deuteronomy 32:33 Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps.
Job 30:29 I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.
Psalms 74:13 Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.
Psalms 148:7 Praise the LORD from the earth, ye dragons, and all deeps:
Isaiah 13:22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.
Isaiah 27:1 In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.
Isaiah 34:13 And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of dragons, and a court for owls.
Isaiah 43:20 The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.
Jeremiah 9:11 And I will make Jerusalem heaps, and a den of dragons; and I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant.
Jeremiah 10:22 Behold, the noise of the bruit is come, and a great commotion out of the north country, to make the cities of Judah desolate, and a den of dragons.
Jeremiah 14:6 And the wild asses did stand in the high places, they snuffed up the wind like dragons; their eyes did fail, because there was no grass.
Jeremiah 49:33 And Hazor shall be a dwelling for dragons, and a desolation for ever: there shall no man abide there, nor any son of man dwell in it.
Revelations 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Revelation 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Quote:
Brokehorn:
Dragons..........

Love 'em!...
Because unicorns are mentioned in the Bible, they are not mythological beasts. Here is the evidence:

Numbers 23:22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.
Numbers 24:8 God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn: he shall eat up the nations his enemies, and shall break their bones, and pierce them through with his arrows.
Numbers 33:17 His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.
Numbers 39:9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?
Psalms 22:21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.
Psalms 29:6 He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.
Psalms 92:10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
Psalms 34:7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.
Quote:
Brokehorn4000:
...Satan is NOT myhtological. He's as real as gravity. You can't see him, but he's there.
Prove that Satan exists. If you won't do it in public (in one of the threads here at Entmoot), then you can PM or email me. But, as I have mentioned before, by doing so you are granting me the permission to rip your theory to shreds (if I can, ofcourse) in public.

Last edited by Andúril : 09-08-2002 at 09:15 AM.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 09:35 AM   #208
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

You and your electronic Bibles!
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 09:55 AM   #209
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

What about Minotaurus? He is in any case not in the bible.
Old 09-08-2002, 09:58 AM   #210
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

What? Would you like me to leaf through my hardcopy versions page by page, and then type out everything??

What would I get from you in return?
Old 09-08-2002, 10:02 AM   #211
Sicirus
Elf Lord

heres a picture of my invented myth beast. if it does not work. Many pardons....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sycocy 001 (small) (custom).jpg (1.7 KB, 20 views)
Old 09-08-2002, 10:09 AM   #212
Sicirus
Elf Lord

ok that was a bit tooooo small.
Try this"Oh and his name is Sycocy.
Old 09-08-2002, 10:26 AM   #213
Sicirus
Elf Lord

sorry about that. i keep screwing up.
i think I have this time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sycocy 001 (small) (custom) (6).jpg (9.0 KB, 20 views)
Old 09-08-2002, 10:45 AM   #214
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

That reminds me of a half-horse half-porcupine.

Check this out if you want to see my created mythological beasts, which include a half-dwarf half-ent.
Old 09-08-2002, 11:08 AM   #215
Sicirus
Elf Lord

I use to have a greyhound. And I liked the figure of his body, being that of thin, long legged, and long nose. The greyhound looked very delicate and beautiful. It had a perfect body that made them fast and young. so I used a greyhound body and head. I changed the ears to lion ears and the eyes to animai eyes. I gave it a long tail with a fluff ball at the end to give it the cool mythical look. Then I added spikes running down its spine so it has a cool defense for fighting. I will try to get another picture of him on the scanner so you can see him in a good form. A form that will show you the greyhound body.

Anduril your half ent half dwarf looks neat. What are the other things on the page though????

Sorry I can go on for a long time about my creatures.
Old 09-08-2002, 11:20 AM   #216
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Half-dwarf half-planet
Half-dwarf half-bicycle wheel
Half-dwarf half-dragon

They were spawned within the Half dwarf? thread...

Last edited by Andúril : 09-08-2002 at 11:25 AM.
Old 09-08-2002, 12:30 PM   #217
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

It looks like a porcupine puppy. Or I should say dog actually.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 02:52 PM   #218
Brokehorn4000
Elven Warrior

Nice pictures Anduril!
Old 09-08-2002, 02:53 PM   #219
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Wait, so you've all decided that anything in the bible is not mythological? Or it is? Nevermind, I think I've lost my mind. Because my mind is a myth.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2002, 07:47 PM   #220
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Heres a much better pic of Sycocy. and yes he kinda does look like a half dog. Everyone says that to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sycocy running 001 (custom) (4).jpg (5.2 KB, 17 views)