Old 03-05-2003, 09:25 PM   #202
Celebriel
Elven Warrior

Eeep, Angel. Eliza Dushku. Grrr.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:27 PM   #203
Celebriel
Elven Warrior

PM me if you want to know.

Sorry for getting off topic. To compensate, every time I walk in the woods I am compelled to say "I think we should get off the road" and then "Get off the road!". Tee hehe.

Tarry ho!
Old 03-05-2003, 09:53 PM   #204
azalea
Long lost mooter

How about when you hear someone say "scouring," and you don't think of cleaning a tub.
Or you look at the screen for "departures" at the airport and think of Boromir.
Or if someone mentions "Three is Company" you don't think of Jack, Chrissy, and Janet. (okay, well that one wouldn't count if you're under 28)
Old 03-05-2003, 10:06 PM   #205
Pimpernel
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
Or if someone mentions "Three is Company" you don't think of Jack, Chrissy, and Janet. (okay, well that one wouldn't count if you're under 28)
hey, im under 28, and i know that show!! its soo foony!! and i like whatsit called... 'taxi' i think....i like older shows and movies...off topic, sorry
anyway
1) you try to read the corresponding chapter in LotR to what happens every day (you must first have all dates on your very pretty LotR calendar)
2) you have a whole breifcase on your computter for LotR stuff and trillions of pics of your fav character (no...they're really real, but some people dont believe and we doesnt want to offend the little orcses, precious, no)
3) you frequently and accidentally revert to gollum-talk
ummm....thats all for now....i wish i could do better on #1
just kidding, I only wish I was Eru...power is good..except I would get corrupted so know...and why am I writing all of this randomness that's popping into my head that you don't give a rat's tail about.....??
Old 03-05-2003, 10:17 PM   #206
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by Pimpernel
hey, im under 28, and i know that show!!
Oh,yeah, I forgot about Nick at Nite!
Old 03-07-2003, 09:43 PM   #207
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Strider

Quote:
Originally posted by Celebriel
PM me if you want to know.

Sorry for getting off topic. To compensate, every time I walk in the woods I am compelled to say "I think we should get off the road" and then "Get off the road!". Tee hehe.

Tarry ho!
I'd like to do that, but I'd probably lose some friends. My *friend* Caleb already thinks I'm way to obsessed about LOTR and Lord Aragorn. No, he's not my boyfriend.
Old 03-08-2003, 10:09 PM   #208
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Strider

My friends and family already think I'm exaggerantly (if that's even a word) obssessed with LOTR and all things Tolkein. Here are some reason's why:

1) Quote any character's linefrom either the book or movie constantly
2) make up funny what-ifs (such as: what if Hobbits were musically inclined? I came up with the band Lil' Froddie and the SuperHobbits)
3) morph popular songs to LOTR themes (Like Elfheads: Oops I Killed an Orc Again) Find their homepage here:http://members.lycos.co.uk/greenleafgreenleaf/
4) Beg mom to cook mushrooms just to have the excuse to bring up Hobbits at the dinner table
5) Watch everything and read everything having to do with LOTR or Tolkein
6) Dream about fighting Orcs alongside Aragorn, Legolas, and Frodo
7) Day-dream about what it would be like to be an elf warrior princess
8) Walk with a posture like Galadreil and speak softly and elegantly (big plus with chiropractors and English teachers lol)
9) Demand why Lembas is not being served at your favorite restraunt
10) Look at a carrot and think of Merry's "I think I've broken something" line
11) Go to the park and sit by a tree waiting for it to talk to you (My obsession has not yet evolved to this state)
12) Go outdoors and think of Legolas and write poetry
13) Look into your bathtub and expect to see "things that were, things that are, and things that have not yet come to pass"
14) Think that all orange/red marbles are the eye of Sauron, and all blue marbles Plantirs
15) Frequently wear a ring around a chain (I actually have a replica of the Ring of Power)
16) Try and open your front door using the password: Mellon
17) Ask if all drinks come in pints
18) Substitute cursing when things go wrong with "Fool of a Took"
19) Referr to Cockroaches as Orcs and squash them with a shrill cry (Die, Orc!, This is for Boromir!, Don't mess with Fellowship, etc.)
20) Take advertising or street signs and spot LOTR names in them (There's this street near my school known as Bark Dull Way, and I can't help but think of Barak-Dul)

I am guilty of all these, unless stated otherwise. So, if you think I'm a big freak...I don't care, because I love LOTR!
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Old 03-08-2003, 11:06 PM   #209
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I think we're all in the same boat - boat of Lorien that is!

My friend's compiling a list called "100 ways to know you study too much when" and the first entry is "you compile a list of ways to know you study too much."
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 03-09-2003, 02:25 AM   #210
TinuvielChild
Padawan

YKYLTTMW...

* Gollum really does live in your basement.
* You take notes in Tengwar in school
* You read the name Peter Jackson in a Michael Crichton novel and do a double take.
* You spend hours reloading www.lordoftherings.net just so you can hear Viggo (or Orli, or Lijah, or whomever) say "Welcome to LordoftheRings.net" one more time
* You can walk on a rope across a river.
* You remember posting most of these on the original YKYLTTMW thread, but now have even more.
* You are obsessed with trying to move up a notch in the "Top 10 Posters" section of the Members thingy.

By the way, I'm guilty of all of these.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 03-09-2003, 02:28 AM   #211
TinuvielChild
Padawan

More....

* You have become addicted to computer Solitaire just from having nothing better to do while waiting for 90 seconds to pass between posts.
* You are an expert on climbing trees.
* You wish to take archery, horseback riding, and broadsword lessons.
* You refer to friends as "mellon", your boyfriend/girlfriend as "melethronin", and evil teachers as "yrch". (melethron-nin = my lover; yrch = plural of orc in Quenya)

edit: thank you, Elvedans; I was thinking of trees instead of friends.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!

Last edited by TinuvielChild : 03-09-2003 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:12 AM   #212
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by TinuvielChild
* You spend hours reloading www.lordoftherings.net just so you can hear Viggo (or Orli, or Lijah, or whomever) say "Welcome to LordoftheRings.net" one more time
I don't spend hours at it, but when ever I go there, I refresh it several times so I can here Sam or Legolas or Gandalf.

(Who are these Sean, Orlando, and Ian people? I only know people from Middle-earth. By the way, did you know the surviing members of the fellowship are here, in our time, and dressed in modern clothing? Wow. The hobbits are a lot taller than I expected.)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 03-09-2003, 04:07 AM   #213
Elvedans
Diamond Of The Night Sky

Quote:
More....

* You have become addicted to computer Solitaire just from having nothing better to do while waiting for 90 seconds to pass between posts.
* You are an expert on climbing trees.
* You wish to take archery, horseback riding, and broadsword lessons.
* You refer to friends as "mellyrn", your boyfriend/girlfriend as "melethronin", and evil teachers as "yrch". (mellyrn = plural of mellon; melethron-nin = my lover; yrch = plural of orc in Quenya)

Mellyrn is the plural of mallorn isnt it? i dont think my friends would be too pleased if i started calling them trees.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:30 PM   #214
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

~when you fail a test you say,"I know what is the matter with me. I need smoke. I haven't tasted it since the morning before the snow storm."
~when your parents ask you what you want for dinner you say Lembas bread
~when some one offers you to sleep in the topo bunk of the bunk-bed you say that we hobbits aren't very fond of heights
Old 03-09-2003, 04:23 PM   #215
Elvedans
Diamond Of The Night Sky

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Rohan

~when some one offers you to sleep in the topo bunk of the bunk-bed you say that we hobbits aren't very fond of heights
Actually i'm more of a Lothlorien elf. "I must sleep on the top bunk, it is too dangerous on the ground as orcs are close."
Old 03-09-2003, 06:04 PM   #216
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Strider

Quote:
Originally posted by Indril Anarion
My friends and family already think I'm exaggerantly (if that's even a word) obssessed with LOTR and all things Tolkein. Here are some reason's why:

1) Quote any character's linefrom either the book or movie constantly
2) make up funny what-ifs (such as: what if Hobbits were musically inclined? I came up with the band Lil' Froddie and the SuperHobbits)
3) morph popular songs to LOTR themes (Like Elfheads: Oops I Killed an Orc Again) Find their homepage here:http://members.lycos.co.uk/greenleafgreenleaf/
4) Beg mom to cook mushrooms just to have the excuse to bring up Hobbits at the dinner table
5) Watch everything and read everything having to do with LOTR or Tolkein
6) Dream about fighting Orcs alongside Aragorn, Legolas, and Frodo
7) Day-dream about what it would be like to be an elf warrior princess
8) Walk with a posture like Galadreil and speak softly and elegantly (big plus with chiropractors and English teachers lol)
9) Demand why Lembas is not being served at your favorite restraunt
10) Look at a carrot and think of Merry's "I think I've broken something" line
11) Go to the park and sit by a tree waiting for it to talk to you (My obsession has not yet evolved to this state)
12) Go outdoors and think of Legolas and write poetry
13) Look into your bathtub and expect to see "things that were, things that are, and things that have not yet come to pass"
14) Think that all orange/red marbles are the eye of Sauron, and all blue marbles Plantirs
15) Frequently wear a ring around a chain (I actually have a replica of the Ring of Power)
16) Try and open your front door using the password: Mellon
17) Ask if all drinks come in pints
18) Substitute cursing when things go wrong with "Fool of a Took"
19) Referr to Cockroaches as Orcs and squash them with a shrill cry (Die, Orc!, This is for Boromir!, Don't mess with Fellowship, etc.)
20) Take advertising or street signs and spot LOTR names in them (There's this street near my school known as Bark Dull Way, and I can't help but think of Barak-Dul)

I am guilty of all these, unless stated otherwise. So, if you think I'm a big freak...I don't care, because I love LOTR!

I am oh so guilty of 1, 4, 5, 6, 10, and variations of 18. Because I am about 6 inches shorter than my *friend* Caleb, he always teases me about my height, so now I've started to think of myself as a hobbit and him as Aragorn. Yes, this is quite ridiculous.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:12 PM   #217
Legolas_GreenLeaf
Elven Warrior

You know you are "obsessed"(such a strong word!) if while playing "The Sims" PC game, you create a home with characters from Middle Earth.
Im guilty of this. Those are great Estel13! lol.

All fans of Elijah, Orlando, Sean, Billy, and Dom (no Viggo )should go here -----> http://www.bagendinn.com/castpics.htm
Old 03-09-2003, 11:17 PM   #218
TinuvielChild
Padawan

* You refer to a friend who has recently betrayed you as Saruman.
* You have decided to name your sons after the seven sons of Fëanor (or your seven cats, if you don't feel like giving birth to seven sons).
* Your walls are smothered with LotR pictures and drawings.
* People know to only give you LotR gifts.
* You want to learn how to draw only so that you can draw scenes from LotR.
* You want to live in a combination hobbit hole and Lórien talan.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 03-10-2003, 02:14 AM   #219
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
1)* You have decided to name your sons after the seven sons of Fëanor (or your seven cats, if you don't feel like giving birth to seven sons).
2) * People know to only give you LotR gifts.
3) * You want to learn how to draw only so that you can draw scenes from LotR.
4) * You want to live in a combination hobbit hole and Lórien talan.
1) LOL!
2) ALMOST guilty; also get Gregorian Chants.
3) Kinda similar; I want to write to do my best to emulate (but not copy of course, just create a work with a similar though undoutable lesser feel to it) Tolkien. My greatest goal is to come somewhere close to nearly appproaching being almost half as good as Tolkien.
4) o.O How would you do that...

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 03-10-2003, 12:23 PM   #220
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas_GreenLeaf
You know you are "obsessed"(such a strong word!) if while playing "The Sims" PC game, you create a home with characters from Middle Earth.
Im guilty of this.
Same here! So far I have the Baggins', the Bombadil's, and the Gamgee's. The Took's wil be my next creations.
Closed Thread