Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #201
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
Aika's starting a new job and not online as much anymore, and I'm not exactly sure who Abasi can interact with...
Would there be a point in trying to have him interact with this new Elf who has turned up? Maybe she has met some culture similar to his in That Other Place and knows how to behave suitably?*

Then we could carry Aika's character until such time as Haldis can release her and she can go home, in which case Abasi will probably join her.

As a suitable way of writing them out of the story ...
I much prefer such ways of writing characters out of stories, rather than killing them off.

Edit:
* You would have to show me how, and I would have my posts approved via PMs. I think I know what books your culture comes from - it's got nothing to do with Tolkien - and as I haven't read those books, only seen you play it elsewhere, I don't know how to play it. But we've played via PMs before this, so I'm sure we can do it if you think it's a good idea.

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen

Last edited by Varnafindë : 01-04-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:39 AM   #202
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

I wish I hadn't abandoned LLL too. It's been difficult lately, so I pop in to post in the general discussion area just to show that I'm still here, sort of.

My character never got to know Abasi too much. Actually, Ingwionis didn't get to know anybody too well yet, and that's after over a year of being off-and-on in the RPG. I wouldn't mind actually getting to interact more, whenever it is I start up posting again.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #203
Varnafindë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
I wish I hadn't abandoned LLL too. It's been difficult lately, so I pop in to post in the general discussion area just to show that I'm still here, sort of.
You've had a few other items on your plate lately - more important than Internet message boards ...

Quote:
My character never got to know Abasi too much. Actually, Ingwionis didn't get to know anybody too well yet, and that's after over a year of being off-and-on in the RPG. I wouldn't mind actually getting to interact more, whenever it is I start up posting again.
No-one got to know Abasi too much (apart from Aika's character).
For Ingwionis, there is always this new Elf as well - they should find out that they are family.
Ingwionis descends from Ingwë, and Baru descends from Indis, who is Ingwë's kinswoman, in some versions his sister.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #204
Mari
Elf Lady

Ellysa likes Abasi well enough. She thinks she has him figured out. Prove her wrong

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 01-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #205
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

I kind of would like to come back...I miss it, really.

Varna, we might be able to do that...and Mari, maybe that would work too. I'm going to have to do a whole lot of backreading to catch up, though.

*tests new avatar*

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 01-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #206
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

got out of dol gladur, bar fight, new person, quickleaf can see, aren and nami talk to each other now, horses, raiding, fallen dead ent, raft elves.

thats about it! no need to back read. and if you came back i promise have have nami be nice to abasi for a little while. anyway i seem to remember him being what counted as nice to nami right before he stabbed quickleaf!

come back we miss you!
Old 01-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #207
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Then we could carry Aika's character until such time as Haldis can release her and she can go home, in which case Abasi will probably join her.
Could your characters approach Haldis with the intention of figuring out a way to undo the binding? She doesn't actually know how to make that happen, so it'll require some sort of intervention.

Sorry I haven't written anything lately, I was on an extended mental vacation in Gotham.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 01-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #208
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Quote:
Sorry I haven't written anything lately, I was on an extended mental vacation in Gotham
LOL, and I was on an extended mental vacation in Forks, Washington.

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 01-04-2009, 04:05 PM   #209
Varnafindë

Quote:
Originally Posted by feawen View Post
got out of dol gladur, bar fight, new person, quickleaf can see, aren and nami talk to each other now, horses, raiding, fallen dead ent, raft elves.

thats about it! no need to back read.
One vital fact was missing from that list, though - the whole company, apart from the Ents, are now on board the rafts, not trekking any more. Is Abasi there as well?

Old 01-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #210
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

i said raft does that count! lol
Old 01-04-2009, 04:14 PM   #211
Varnafindë

Quote:
Originally Posted by feawen View Post
i said raft does that count! lol
That was one vital fact that was not missing

Old 01-05-2009, 06:09 AM   #212
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
Abasi can still stay considering he vowed to repay Borin for saving his life during the spider attack. But without Tabrîl his interaction is going to be rather limited since he barely likes anyone else. Varna, as a new character, can at least start of on good terms. But if Varna doesn't prove to be enough to keep him interacting, maybe we can add a new character that can.

Quote:
As a suitable way of writing them out of the story ...
I much prefer such ways of writing characters out of stories, rather than killing them off.
Ditto. You never know when an opportunity arrives to reintroduce a character should the player have changed his/her mind afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingwe View Post
The moment you've got a bit of spare time for a brief interaction, we'll be here.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:41 AM   #213
Amael
Elven Warrior

Similar to Ingwe's situation, I nevver really got to know anyone because I've never been around long enough TO get to know anyone. I began abandoning the web little by little over the past couple of years. Most recently, it's become hard to trust anyone, as was made evident by some events that happened on Ingwe's own site. You can see a little bit of that in my character. She trusts nearly no one, even other Elves!! Despite how young my character is in relation to most other Elves, it will be found that she also has a dark side toward nearly every faction in Middle Earth (xenophobia), and it was the reason for Ingwionis and A'mael settling so far away from civilization. Similarly, bringing up the 'trust' thing, Ingwe's site hasn't been a friendly place over the past year or so due to just a few people causing problems. It used to be a friendly place, not too different from this place, but I don't find it at all comfortable to go there much anymore and I feel bad about that because Ingwe did put a lot of work into it, then to have it start to fall apart and spiral downward. My sister has recently run into some of that trouble there, and I'm starting to find that most online communities really aren't that great. She just resigned there as a staff member and Ingwe is planning on resigning the site for someone else to run it. After a lot of this busy work is done, I'm planning on having a new site made and invite only the people who have shown better quality and keep it locked to those who definitely haven't. But other than that, there are few communities anymore that are that great.

But I do have some good news. This communitty is great, and seems to have a long history of that, mainly (I'm sorry to say this) because there isn't as much of an American influence (no offense to Americans). And I regret that I haven't visited here much in the past. I may not get active in the Rpg anytime soon while things are as busy as they are, but I will try to be here more often at least to post-attack the Happy Thread, and the other topics lying around there. Maybe I'll take partt in some discussion about Tolkien literature at least so that I can explore it a little more.

Recently, this is probably the only site I have visited. Well that, and my Msn account to check on E-mail.

I would llike to get my character going again sometime, and I have some ideas written down for what the plot for A'mael will involve. One of the poignant character and attitude changes for A'mael that I have planned are a reduction in her xenophobia, as she gets to know everyone and begins to find common ground. No longer will she just be a guardian and do nothing but fighting against everyone who looks at her the wrong way.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:45 AM   #214
Mari
Elf Lady

I know, I know. I'm making smalltalk, but nothing else is happening! >_<

Old 01-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #215
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

ok im back point me in the direction of small talk lol
Old 01-16-2009, 08:10 AM   #216
Mari
Elf Lady

*points in the direction of her last post in LLL*

Old 01-16-2009, 08:15 AM   #217
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

lol well it would be rude of nami to just ignore the fact that ellysa is talking to abasi!
Old 01-16-2009, 08:16 AM   #218
Mari
Elf Lady

Hehe, wouldn't it?

Old 01-16-2009, 08:39 AM   #219
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

lol are you trying to incite an argurement! lol
Old 01-16-2009, 08:53 AM   #220
Mari
Elf Lady

Me? Nevah!

So... where's your post? I is waiting! >_<

Closed Thread