Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 05:59 PM   #201
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Could someone please help me with a general question - what's the general idea as far as access to the city? Is it walled? There's been posts about guards (two types, which I don't understand) and things - what are the approaches and how are they guarded, and why? Is it only Tharbad, or is this a general-type thing?
The city lies on the North bank of a big river - the Gwathlo. It is walled on the North, there are many gates, all guarded by Arnorean soldiers. The road to Bree and further to Annuminas and Fornost starts at the main North Gate- Annon Forn.

The South Bank is almost empty. You can get there by crossing the Tharbad Bridge, guarded by Arnoreans on the North bank and by Gondoreans on the South Bank. There starts the road to Gondor and a track to Nin-in Eiphl.

By the way, you know Rian, that Tyaron might have travelled to Bree? It is 200 miles and the min. time travel is 2 days (4 days both ways). If you make him return on Friday, not on Wednesday, that might fit.

http://www.theoriginalseries.com/traveltimes.htm
Here is the link so kindly posted by Udu.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:48 PM   #202
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
TD and Udu, when do you think to get Lilly?
I've PMed CS about Lily and Khamûl having a quiet chat but she has not replied yet, but that could be Friday.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 01-16-2006, 07:02 PM   #203
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
TD and Udu, when do you think to get Lilly?
Whenever CS and TD are agreeable is fine with me.

Serenoli, good job as Professor Bumbledore.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:26 PM   #204
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
:
:
By the way, you know Rian, that Tyaron might have travelled to Bree? It is 200 miles and the min. time travel is 2 days (4 days both ways). If you make him return on Friday, not on Wednesday, that might fit.
:
Alternately - there's a nearer crossroads - and it would be logical for a town to be there. Less than half-way to Bree there's a fork in the North-South Road. Going right takes you straight north to Bree, then eventually to Fornost. Going left takes you to Sarn Ford, and an eventual merge with the East-West Road on it's way to the White Towers.

I would also think that in this day and age, when the Dunedain and their subject peoples had the area pretty well settled, there should be a town every so often along the road. Possibly every 40-50 miles. There might even be a 'way-station' of sorts at 24 mile intervals along more-traveled areas of the major roads - since that's how far we're told the Dunedain soldiers would march in one day at a normal pace (see "The Disaster of the Gladden" in UT). Small villages might naturally build up around those way-stations.

I'll have to take the time later to look into the various suggestions about skipping days, though I'm not averse at all. It could also be a good idea for us to pick things up to maybe 3 real-time weeks per game day, then 2. Then we could also look for good times to skip days or weeks.

Gordis - I'd have to re-check my posts - I don't recall for sure, but I think the Bonfire may be on for Friday rather than Saturday.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 01-17-2006, 08:03 AM   #205
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil

Gordis - I'd have to re-check my posts - I don't recall for sure, but I think the Bonfire may be on for Friday rather than Saturday.
Yes, please check, then we might skip Wednesday-Thursday and CONCENTRATE on the eventful Friday .
Good ideas about numerows small towns along the North road.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:00 AM   #206
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Val, may I remind you your promise to edit your last post?
I don't like that Lilly's scheme was absolutely futile.

Bonfire
Checked it for you. (Great option this "Search this thread- you get the answer in a second)
Post#582:
Quote:
"Say - isn't there to be a bonfire Friday night? As a rally for this Saturday's rochdol game?" asked Valandil.

All, I agree to skip two days and "concentrate" on Friday.

Here are my additions to Gor's list

Tuesday evening. Tolvadok arrives at Orrodel and sees Lilly, Buz and Viv?

Wednesday morning. Tyaron returns to Tharbad

Friday - anytime. Lilly gets caught by Khamul and Udu.

Friday 2-5 PM. Embalming featuring Mahtaliel, Val and Aiwendis

Friday Evening. Bonfire festival.

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 01-17-2006 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:54 PM   #207
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
The Shree-kryhnn, the vampiresses of the Wilderness outside Tharbad. Will soon invade the city.

What think ye?
Old 01-17-2006, 01:30 PM   #208
MangoPi
Enting

Gandalf

I want to join!

Can I join?? *puppy eyes* I've got a character and everything....

(To Sane: And stop abusing my account!!!

Oh wait...I gave it to you. Never mind. Abuse away!)

Narlyë nat vanya!
Old 01-17-2006, 01:37 PM   #209
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoPi
I want to join!

Can I join?? *puppy eyes* I've got a character and everything....
Welcome MangoPi!
But what is your character? Can you tell us about it beforehand, here in this thread?

I believe, your character should better be approved, before you launch it. There have been some unpleasant precedents...

Gordis, I have posted a bit with Aiwendis. Ready to edit, if needed
Old 01-17-2006, 01:47 PM   #210
Telcontar_Dunedain

You're more than welcome to MangoPi. If you prepare a short biography then post it in here and then in the info thread before psoting in the game thread.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 01-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #211
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

*happy squeak* Eliza! You decided to join us after all! Post your character's bio in here and in the info thread. Is it the one we discussed?

(For the rest of you, MangoPi is an old friend, Sane and I invited her to join.)

*Dances happily*
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 01-17-2006, 02:03 PM   #212
Telcontar_Dunedain

Udu, how would you feel about getting some of the building work done on Wednesday and Thursday. We could post little intros that happen on Tuesday evening. What do you think.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:30 PM   #213
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
*happy squeak* Eliza! You decided to join us after all! Post your character's bio in here and in the info thread. Is it the one we discussed?

(For the rest of you, MangoPi is an old friend, Sane and I invited her to join.)

*Dances happily*
Another player for the FOGAL?

Or will we finally greet our long-awaited, universally missed Ninth Nazgul?
Old 01-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #214
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

from what I understand, someone already has the 9th Naz, so it can't be that ...

Welcome, Pi! Any friend of Shah and Maggie's is a welcome addition

Join the Good Team! Go, FOGALs!

Nice post, CS So Lilly thinks she can do better than Aiwendis? Poor frustrated Lilly!

Skipping to Friday is fine with me, as long as I can get one Wednesday morning post in. I need to get Tyaron back on Wednesday, not Friday. But my post won't hold anyone up; as soon as Tuesday is declared to be finished, I"ll post it then we can skip straight to Friday.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 01-17-2006, 04:21 PM   #215
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Welcome MangoPi!
Only, please, no Calaquendi elves! And, please, no Maiar or Ringbearers either

Rian, OK, no problem with your Wednesday post. I believe everyone can post a brief account of his/her activities on Wednesday-Thirsday, if needed. Only we will not make the complete days as we did before.

Personally, I would like someone to come visit poor Jas. I feel bad for crippling him, even if the ML doesn't.

CS, nice piece. Plotting again, o indomitable Squirrel?

Now you want to get rid of the she-elves and the ML has to do your dirty work for you?
Old 01-17-2006, 04:24 PM   #216
Telcontar_Dunedain

Gor, before Khamûl and Udu have their little talk with Lily Khamûl would want to tell the ML about their talk, to ask permission. If thats okay I'll add it into to Friday morning.

Here are my additions to Gor's list

Tuesday evening. Tolvadok arrives at Orrodel and sees Lilly, Buz and Viv?

Wednesday morning. Tyaron returns to Tharbad

Friday morning - Khamûl talks to the ML about his and Udu's planned talk with Lily.

Friday - anytime. Lilly gets caught by Khamul and Udu.

Friday 2-5 PM. Embalming featuring Mahtaliel, Val and Aiwendis

Friday Evening. Bonfire festival.

Old 01-17-2006, 04:28 PM   #217
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

ps - Eärniel, I liked your little "follow" Commerce line

and thanks, everyone who answered, for the description of the city/walls, etc

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 01-17-2006, 04:30 PM   #218
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Gor, before Khamûl and Udu have their little talk with Lily Khamûl would want to tell the ML about their talk, to ask permission. If thats okay I'll add it into to Friday morning.
Do you really want to tell the Captain?

And if so, will you tell him about the full extent of your "little talk"... I mean using "the equipment"?

And what Udu thinks on it?

Anyway, it is your choice. You will have to persuade the Captain then. Maybe he has a soft spot for sexy girls? .
Old 01-17-2006, 04:37 PM   #219
Telcontar_Dunedain

Not to the full extent. I don't think the ML would approve of the equipment that they are going to test on her, but telling him they are going to tell her to leave Val to Aiwendis may be a wise move. The ML may even approve.

Old 01-17-2006, 04:42 PM   #220
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

You hardly need Captain's OK for a simple talk. If you come ask for permission, he will suspect it is more than a little talk . That is the problem.

Anyway, do as you choose. Fine with me either way. You better discuss it with Udu.

Last edited by Gordis : 01-17-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Closed Thread