Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-14-2006, 02:30 AM   #201
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Hear, hear! *raises wine glass to Entmoot*

I've had the same experience. I thought "it's such fun, why not look for a Hungarian messageboard as well where I can talk?", and looked and looked, and yes, there were decent ones with fun communities, and not-so-decent ones, but... none of them has the magic of the 'Moot, just as you said.

Last edited by littleadanel : 03-14-2006 at 02:33 AM. Reason: typo
littleadanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:32 AM   #202
littleadanel
of the House of Bëor

Gnyah! New page bug

New page bug, and 90 seconds.

This is what I get for all the praise?
Old 03-14-2006, 04:10 AM   #203
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Yes, i agree. there is a certain magic to Entmoot. Ive been to starwars.com and theonering.org and none of that cameraderie which exists here could be found on those sites.

You mooters are funloving and nice, and i truly like it here. There almost hasn't been a day since Ive registered that I haven't been here.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:40 PM   #204
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
O.K. real quick here before I forget to say this, it just popped into my head and I remembered I wanted to tell you guys here in this thread, as part of my soon-to-occur "Experiences" speech, but I'm just gonna say it now before I forget - One thing I have really come to notice, very much so, throughout this past year and especially lately is that this is such a unique, SUCH a unique and special forum here at Entmoot. No where else - and I have meandered all around the internet, especially in times of irritation or boredom here, but I've "been around the internet world" and checked all kinds of messageboards, all KINDS, and not one of them ever has impressed me like you guys do. Not one of these messageboards has the magic that Entmoot does.

There's something truly magical about our little Entmoot community, and it cannot be duplicated, not anywhere. Once again, I thank Ben Milder and his homies for establishing the Tolkien Trail & Entmoot, because honestly, a better and cooler messageboard I am hard, hard pressed to find in all the internet world. And every single one of you mooters, every one of you, has enriched my life, and continues to do so. You guys are the BOMB!! And Entmoot is awesome. The end. *where'd I put my wine glass?*
I seem to fail to find this "magic" you refer to here. In my 5½ erratic years I've come to Entmoot, I always would find myself going elsewhere to engage in this internet community "magic". The reasons I come back here now and again is because I like(d) catching up with the commentary of certain individual posters such as afro-elf, jersey devil, butterbeer, and of late, Lotesse. A nice Tolkien board it is, and I like the forums remaining simple. But the main page could use an update, and I never really did get hooked in this "magic". But to each their own, and I'm glad it does it for some folk.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:56 PM   #205
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

The magic comes and goes. There can be periods of days, even weeks, where everyone seems to click so nicely, and people are mutually respectful and genuinely fun-loving. There are also dark periods, though, where the predominance here is in certain non-Tolkien inspired Gen Mess. threads, when nasty vitriol gets spat around, and mean-spirited posts find their ways into discussions about being Gay, or current events hot-topics, and then the magic is decidedly very absent. In biasing situations, some people get their voice silenced while others get kid-glove treatment. That's when I like to stay away, and unfortunately that's what keeps the strongest-voiced of us away for far too long. Jersey Devil and Afro-Elf, or Baby-K, and others go away from Entmoot precisely because of this magic getting quelled by this intermittent, often egregiously unfair bias, but whadda ya gonna do. I wish they'd come back, but it isn't too hard to figure out why they leave.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 03-15-2006 at 12:09 AM.
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #206
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I agree about the magic coming and going. There's definitely good and bad times. Ultimately, it's the people that keep me here - the vast majority are really fun and thoughtful and kind and interesting, and it's so wonderful to make Tolkien references and know that they'll be understood!

I agree about there being some pretty bad posts in some of those threads that you mentioned, as well as some other threads, although I imagine we might disagree about who they're coming from. I know several really kind and thoughtful people that have left the Moot because of posts like I've seen on some of those threads where the rules are trampled on, and Mooters abused, in the name of self-expression. As you say, it's not too hard to figure out why they leave

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:49 PM   #207
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

edit - inappropriate; sorry BB. I need to learn to ignore this bait tactic, here.

Last edited by Lotesse : 03-15-2006 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:21 PM   #208
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I'm sorry to see that my response to a post caused a fight.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 03-15-2006 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:53 PM   #209
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Last edited by Butterbeer : 03-14-2006 at 09:01 PM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:59 PM   #210
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

this is on the radio just now

this IS the happy house ... (repaeat) ..we come here to play ...

Sing along!!

this iS the happy house ...

*jumps around - pogo style ... well - kinda?? *

by Siouxsie and the banshees

jeez ... they play that an then complete CRAP after ... (life...)

...BIG wotcha to Snowdog - never really mooted with ye' .. probably won't since technically i am a ghost here.. but - well- all i know is i have seen your photo- and you know what? .. yeah- i guess we'd get on in real life!

.in terms of mooter's photos ... just from apearance (well - more than that to be honest - but from a visual & Moot ...- on that basis the other mooter whose pic and posts ihave seen- is the - the gaffer ... kinda feel a connection with you both on that basis ...

very best (all)
BB

Best to ya!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 03-14-2006 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:26 PM   #211
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

##$$

Last edited by Lotesse : 03-14-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:35 PM   #212
Rían

Last edited by Rían : 03-15-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:39 PM   #213
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

frankly my dears .. i was tellin' YA BOTH to move it elsewhere if ya had issues wi' one another ...

Ilike ya both ... but i do not want that **** here

OK??

love ye both
BB

... enough said!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:42 PM   #214
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

&&&&& sorry, BB. Don't want to muck up your cool thread, here. I cross-posted with you before; didn't see your request for us to stop the little fight. Our bad.

Last edited by Lotesse : 03-15-2006 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:02 PM   #215
Rían

Last edited by Rían : 03-15-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:12 PM   #216
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

what this thread needs URGENTLY is ...

.........MORE DOTS!!!

*that last Dot is my favourite*

which is yours?

(... and they said debate on the Moot was dead? ...)

Last edited by Butterbeer : 03-15-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:27 AM   #217
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog
I seem to fail to find this "magic" you refer to here. In my 5½ erratic years I've come to Entmoot, I always would find myself going elsewhere to engage in this internet community "magic".
I can certainly relate. This used to be my no. 1 board as well, but once you lose ties with other posters then the magic is not so much there any more. If you'd asked me when I was first posting here practically 24/7, that there would come a day when I was no longer an active poster of the 'moot, I would likely have keeled over in shock.

It's the nature of 'netty communities, I guess, that posters come and go, and the 'mood' of the board changes.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:15 AM   #218
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I heart you Butterbeer.

Boppy!! Don't you still have ties with me? *cries*

*ties her pants to Boppy's pants*

Magic is gone this! HA!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:30 AM   #219
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

...checks Pants ...!! Pheww! (No! - that's NOT the smell )... was worried there for a momment ..i have a meeting later ...

Nurv ... er ..yesh .. um I "heart" you too!

heart to heart, eh? .. and you with your Knickers interwined with BoP mmm?

Oh dear where's Doc Anduril - or is it the remarkably similar INDEED-looking Reverend??? when you need him ??
Old 03-15-2006, 09:34 AM   #220
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Interesting phenomenon on the board is this: we write and write and write…how many books-of-discussion covering how many thousands of topics have we collectively written??!!! But, the conversation doesn’t stop, and we keep coming back for the social scene, the banter, the JRRTidness of it all…There have been some popular posters here that have moved on, remember, sticking around and meeting NEW posters is as worthwhile as clicking with the same gang forever….

It’s all good, is meee point.

I also think IMO: if you transgress and fight public, you should make-up in public for the good of the board….(whatcha think?)

I should have been at my 1000th post ages ago, but I too, somewhere along the way, started having trouble (seemingly) posting decent notes…errrrr, posts that garnered a response, if you will.

Thank goodness for the Lyrders!!! (thumbs up to GW)

….and nice to see BB loitering around again…he’s sooo easy to snick beer from

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
EarthBound is offline   Reply With Quote