Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 03:01 PM   #201
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*"Can't we go anywhere in this town without getting into a fight?" she thought.*

Nurv: Look, we don't want any trouble...

*She trailed off, realizing it was futile. She hoped there was only three of them, then they could get out of there quicky, and back to the ship. They were so close! These would have been the last supplies...*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 01-20-2005 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:12 PM   #202
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

suddenly there was a glint of reflected sunlight, as faligorn drew his sword as he flew throught the window, landing beside nurvingiel

might you be needing some help?

he asked
Old 01-20-2005, 05:28 PM   #203
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*Nurvingiel looked from the window to Faligorn. The three men stared at the group in surprise.*

Nurv: What the... did you just... erm...

*The three men take their distraction as an invite to attack. Luthien, the Count, Nurvingiel and Faligorn quickly focused on the task at hand. Nurvingiel blocked her new opponent, hitting him sharply on the back of the head with the hilt of her dagger. He fell. Luthien and the Count were similarly engaged.*

Nurv: Well, looks like we've got a handle on things.
Faligorn: Seems like.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-20-2005, 05:45 PM   #204
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

faligorn gave a rye smile
oh, well!
he said
just when things were looking fun!
he then sheathed his sword, bowed low, and took his leave

ooc:sorry about that, i didnt seem to be doing much
Old 01-20-2005, 06:21 PM   #205
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

OOC: Well in that case...

*As Faligorn walked towards the warehouse entrance, five more men walked in. Clearly, they were with the original three men. They quickly assessed the situation, and all three attacked Faligorn, who defended himself readily. Nurvingiel ran to help him, sword and dagger still in hand.*
Quote:
Old 01-20-2005, 09:51 PM   #206
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

It wasn't long before Luthien crossed blades with Calik.

Luthien: I don't suppose there'd be any compromising?
Calik: All I want is my stone back *lunges at her*
Luthien: *dodges blow* That's impossible.
Calik: *both their swords clang loudly together as he pins Luthien down* And why would that be?
Luthien: Because I lost it! *shoves Calik off od her*
Calik: What?!?! *lunges at her again* How could you lose something like that!
Luthien: *moves aside and kicks Calik in the rear* You would never believe it, but its at the bottom of the sea, along with the rest of the ship.
Calik: *recovers from the kick* Aye! I should have known never to trust you, Thief Extraordinare! *attacks Luthien fiercely*
Luthien and Calik battled it out, moving atop beams, behind crates, and under supplies. Calik knocked over several boxes of supplies, spilling a bucket of oil. The black goop began to ooze around Luthien. A crash resounded as Calik threw a nearby lantern into the dark mess, setting it ablaze and cornering Luthien.
Calik: *leaps quickly over the oil, coming face to face with Luthien* Do you know how much trouble I've been in since that night because of you?
Luthien: hehe...well...
Calik: I've been to hell and back because of yer lil' escapade
Luthien: Listen, Calik, can't we just let bygones be bygones?
Calik: Oh, no, little thief. You're not getting out of this. Not this time.
The flames were leaping higher and closer to Luthien and Calik. Luthien looked around her. She wouldn't last long cornered like this against Calik. She looked up at the various chains hanging from the beams. Her eyes followed the chain until she saw the pulley that controlled its length. If only she could destroy the rope that held it together. Calik slashed his sword at Luthien, who countered with her own blade. Calik pushed his weight towards her, the pressure making it more difficult for her to keep her footing.

Luthien: NURV! The pulley!!!!
Nurv: What?
Luthien: Destroy the pulley! NOW!

Nurv kicked the thug she was battling into a sea of crates and rushed to the pulley. With a swift swing of her sword, the rope holding the pulley in place. Luthien mustered all her strength and shoved Calik aside, in time for a long, heavy iron chain to fall at her feet. Luthien scrambled up the chain quickly, the links becoming hotter by the minute to to the havy flames. She scurried atop the beams and down to the warehouse. Two more of Calik's men were waiting for her.

Luthien: Hi guys, long time no see.
Guy 1: I'm gonna enjoy gutting you like a fi- *and hand comes up next to his face and knocks him hard against Guy 2*
Luthien: Wha-
Nurv: *emerges from behind the two unconscious men*
Luthien: Thanks, Nurv. I owe ya one.
Nurv: No problem.
Luthien: Let's get out of here now! It won't be long 'til Calik recovers. Where's Count?
Count: *punches the last of Calik's men and knocks the brute unconscious* I'm here.
Luthien: Aye, back to the ship!
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting

Last edited by Indril Anarion : 01-21-2005 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:04 PM   #207
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Tinys in the Galley doing dishes

Tiny: People sure did like my food..LEts hope they always do.
Wow! this person liked there plate! Should haev gave them more...MAybe I sohuld make 2nds next time. I'll have to ask Captain Zen.
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 01-21-2005, 03:41 AM   #208
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*Nurvingiel looked for Faligorn as the Count joined them. She saw him fighting one of the few men who remained standing. The other two were hanging back for now, but this wouldn't last.*

Nurv: Faligorn! Come on!

*He punched his opponent solidly in the face. The man staggared back, and Faligorn joined the group. They hastily ran back to the ship.*

Luthien: Where did you come from?
Faligorn: Erm... a window.
Count: Well, we're glad you turned up anyway. That turned into quite the brawl.
Nurvingiel (grins): You can say that again.

*They reach the Nal, and climb aboard, catching their breath in the most dignified possible way.*

Count: Were we followed?
Luthien: It doesn't look like it. They know where I'm from anyway.
Nurv: If those supplies were essential, I have an idea. We could send some of the other new recruits that haven't been in a fight yet, on a fake errand from Cirdan. They could get new supplies, not the crates we had to leave, then it wouldn't be obvious. Unless we don't really need those ones, then we don't have to bother.
Quote:
Old 01-21-2005, 10:15 AM   #209
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Eärniel: *frowns* Why are you all out of breath? And Faligorn, what were you doing off the ship?

Luthien: Well...

Eärniel:*the frown deepens* Luthien, why is the hem of your clothes singed?

Luthien:We um... got into a little...

*A little spiral of smoke climbs up in the sky above the warehouse, which Eärniel doesn't fail to spot.*

Eärniel: Don't tell me you set fire to the warehouse!

Luthien: It wasn't me!

Eärniel: And you left without extinguishing it?! The whole place is made of wood!

Luthien: We were kind of in a hurry! Besides, there was enough people present to deal with the fire. And I'll have you know we didn't damage them over much.

Eärniel: *hits head with palm* I think I'm going to need a lie-down.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:29 AM   #210
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Nurv: Oh yeah... I forgot about the fire... I think a latern got smashed in the fight, or something.

Eärniel: You forgot... about... *smacks forhead with palm again*

Luthien (quietly): It was Calik... he started the fight.
Quote:
Old 01-21-2005, 10:31 AM   #211
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

faligorn looked sheepish
i am sorry, i had a foreboding of evil, and so followed at a discreet distance
he said, hoping that his 'excuse' would be aright
Old 01-21-2005, 10:32 AM   #212
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*Privately, Nurvingiel thought he just wanted to see some action, but she kept this thought to herself.*
Quote:
Old 01-21-2005, 10:35 AM   #213
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

faligorn once again melted into the blackness from whence he came
Old 01-21-2005, 11:02 AM   #214
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

Luthien rushed to the Captain's cabin.

Luthien: Cap'n. We have a problem.
XK: *Raises her brow* What kind of problem?
Luthien: He's found me.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting

Last edited by Indril Anarion : 01-21-2005 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:59 PM   #215
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

XK stared at Luthien a moment. It seemed this place would be nothing but trouble to them.

XK: Don't worry. You will be protected here. Perhaps you better stay below decks. Stay with Flannery.
Luthien: Alright.

Luthien disappears out of the door and the captain wanders back above deck. Eärniel is staring distraught at the warehouse, which XK notes is now aflame. She scans the dock for any signs of Koroush, but there are none.

XK: What happened?
Nurvingiel: We were attacked ma'am.
XK: Attacked? In Cirdan's warehouse?
CC: Yes. It was others...no one to do with the shipwright.
XK: By someone who knew Luthien?
Faligorn: Aye.
XK: *turns to him, scowling* And why did you deem yourself worthy of making your own orders?
Faligorn: Uh..
XK: I did not order you to go with them. That was their task. I thought I made myself perfectly clear that no one goes ashore unless I say so. No one make the orders round here except myself, Eärniel and Sicirus. Eärniel, did you order him?
Eärniel: I did not.
XK: And Sicirus is still occupied. You shall not do such a thing again, or you will be keel-hauled.
Faligorn: Yes sir.
XK: As punishment you shall shine all the cannons with a toothbrush. Everyone, it's been a hard day and you should all get some rest. Tiny will be cooking something up for your meal, so I ask that you go below, rest and be ready for tomorrow, when we set sail.
Eärniel: Captain...the warehouse...it...Cirdan..
XK: You and I can go and smooth things out there. Sicirus, you are in charge.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 01-21-2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 02:15 PM   #216
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Eärniel: Just a moment then, captain.

*Eärniel goes to her cabin and returns with a cloak with a cap which she puts on.*

Eärniel: Most of them will be occupied with the fire, but I don't want to take any chances. Cirdan will be most likely overseeing the dousing of the fire, so we'll find him there.

*When Xen and Eärniel reach the warehouse, the fire seems under control. The half of the warehouse is badly damaged nevertheless. People are still running around with buckets to extinguish the last few flames and to keep fire from erupting again. Crates, kegs and other materials that have been salvaged from the burnt warehouse are hastily stacked a few yards away. But in the middle of all the action, the two pirates spot the Shipwright soon enough.*

Eärniel: Um, Lord Cirdan...

Cirdan:*sighs sadly* Eärniel. I thought we had agreed on you being discrete.

Eärniel: *embarassed* Yeah, I know. Believe it or not, but we tried. And this fire had nothing to do with me.

Cirdan: But the fight from last night had. And I'm told that four crewmember of yours were involved here today.

Xen: *interrupting* But neither fights were started by us. You can hardly blame my crew for defending themselves when attacked.

Eärniel: This is my captain, Xenoia Karris.

Cirdan: I have heard of you, madam. Although I must admit more than I would have liked.

Xen: *grins*

Ëärniel: For what it's worth, I'm sorry to have caused you so much trouble, Lord Cirdan. And that's why I wanted you to know we'll be setting sail tomorrow.

Cirdan: *frowns* You'd be leaving with a light ship. You haven't had time to restock your supplies.

Eärniel: We have a new crew and that's what we came for. We won't inconvenience you further and we'll resupply and finish the repairs in some other harbour.

*With a nod Eärniel and Xen take leave from Cirdan and turn around to return to their ship. But Cirdan calls them back.*

Cirdan: It will not be said of Cirdan the Shipswright that he let an ill-equiped ship sail from Mithlond. Captain Karris, if none of your crew leaves the ship again as long as you're here and if you're under sail by tomorrow night, supplies will be delivered to you at your ship.

*Xen and Eärniel turn around again surprised.*

Xen: *nods* Thank you, master Shipwright, you have my word I will keep my crew aboard until we set sail.

Eärniel:*grins* Thank you... granddad.

Cirdan: You chosen a dangerous sea to sail, Seachild. Take care. Oh, and try not to bring too much trouble with you next time you choose to visit us.

*After that, Cirdan walks away and the other two Elves return to the Nal.*
Old 01-21-2005, 05:42 PM   #217
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Tiny: Finishes her dishes and goes to clean tables and put away condiments. Work work work...This is a pretty good job after all. The people like my food and I like my job. Its worked out pretty good.
/Back when a hoe was a hoe/Coke was a coke/And crack's what you were doing/When you were cracking jokes/Back when a screw was a screw/The wind was all that blew/And when you said I'm down with that Well it meant you had the flu/I miss back when
Old 01-21-2005, 07:47 PM   #218
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

*Nurvingiel was pleased to find that the length of rope she liked to practice knots on had survived the battle. She was also happy to escape without serious injury or undignified tossing. She started idly tying a sheepshank and went below decks to see Luthien.*

Nurv: Do we have any *she searched for the word* standing orders?

Luthien: Only not to leave the ship. Or go in the Room, obviously. But be ready for anything when Eärniel and the Captain get back.

Nurv: The term 'anything' has taken on new meaning to me these past two days.

Luthien (wry smile): Heh...

*Nurvingiel decided to visit Tiny in the galley.*

Nurv: Hey Tiny, do you have any apples?

Tiny: Sure, in that barrel right over there.

Nurv: Hey, let me tell you what just happened to us........
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 01-21-2005 at 07:50 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:50 AM   #219
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

OOc: Hello, long time no post. Great battle scene by the way

Ic: Sicirus decided that after dinner it would be time to teaqch the crew how to use the crows nest and what to look for when watching out. She knew that they would think it stupid and obvious to be told what to look for but Sicirus knew there were some things to be scared of then they could ever imagine. Sicirus gave the orders for everyone to assemble on top deck for another lesson before they all decided to go to sleep for the night.

Sicirus: As you all will learn, everyone is to be given a scheduel of when and how long they will keep watchin the crows nest by night or day. But I must warn you that some things in the ocean do not come in the form of ships to make them dangerous. Some come in the form of ghosts, large rodents, birds, sea monster, and other various things that may decide to attack us for whatever reason. As you should well know by now as soon as you decide to joina pirate crew you have made enemies with ALOT of other...creatures. So when it is your turn to be in the crows nest then you will have o learn what is dangerous and what is harmless and will not attack us.

Tiny: *raises hand* Er....who will be watching out tonight?

All the crew mutters in agreement as they look at the second mate. Everyone was tired from their first day of training and just wanted to lie down and never wake up until late the next day. The idea of staying up all night did not fare well with anyone at the moment.

Sicirus: Well you have done well today and I believe you still need to get use to waking up at dawn. So I will take the first shift then I will pass it on to someone who I know will be able to handle waking up the next morn with no trouble. So good night and don't let the bed bugs nipp'ya. No really ...don't let them.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:39 PM   #220
Bunnie_Queen_1146
90% angel

Tiny's walking out of the galley

Tiny: Have a nice time watching. I'll make a really hearty breaskfast for you guys when Captain tells me to.
Closed Thread