FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 03:55 PM   #201
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Actually, I have no idea. Pick what you think works best. [EDIT: I see the captain beat me to it]

I think we can take the game to the next morning now. In any case, I'm going to.

BTW, Sicirus, the captain has her own cabin, so do the first and second mates. That way you'll also be able to hide Slo-Mo longer from us.

Okay, but I thought XK said I am allowed to have the dog just as long as he pees over board. But anyway we'll see when it comes to it. Slo-Mo will be stealing peoples food and stuff just like greyhounds usually do.

Last edited by Sicirus : 01-15-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:35 PM   #202
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

It is "on deck" and not to the captain's cabin where we're supposed to go? CC and I both took it that way.

About the Nurv-Flannery thing, as Captain, you don't really need to cater to my "special needs". Nurv just has to deal. Or you can be nice. It's up to you. I can (hopefully) play my character versitily (word?). ^.^
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 01-16-2005, 03:39 AM   #203
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

There, now everyone's on deck. I just don't think any of the characters are layabouts. Except, if someone does want their character still in bed, there's enough ambiguity in my post for that to work.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 01-16-2005, 11:37 AM   #204
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Minor quibble here... and not to pick on you Chrys but I'm going to use your last post as an example.

This:
faligorn was the last to rise, crawlign out of his bed, he noticed everyone else just leaving hey, g'morning guys! he said hurrying to catch them up, as they walked on deck what are our jobs do we think? he went pn

Would be much more readable if speaking and action were on different lines...

Faligorn was the last to rise, crawlign out of his bed, he noticed everyone else just leaving.

Faligorn: Hey, g'morning guys!

He said, hurrying to catch them up, as they walked on deck.

Faligorn: What are our jobs do we think?

Easy peasy! ^_^
Oh and look, there's minor punctuation additions... sorry to be a patronizing git there, but it does look nicer don't ya think?
I doesn't take loads more effort.

And with such formatting, less typing is required to explain your character's actions, so it is actually easier!
Quote:
Old 01-17-2005, 08:41 AM   #205
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Even though a lot of time can pass in real time, not a lot has passed in game time. I forget sometimes. But in this case, probably only about 10 mins or so have passed in the game since we were woken up and assembled on deck.

One other comment, which is also no biggie, is there's probably some topics that us 'sailor' ranked players don't want to godmod, ie. our orders and other highly captain-y things. That's why activity is slow ATM, it's not because we're not interesting.

But hey, there will be ups and downs in activity in any RPG so no worries there too. Just a few thoughts from the verbose elf Nurvingiel.
Quote:
Old 01-17-2005, 09:02 AM   #206
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Minor quibble here... and not to pick on you Chrys but I'm going to use your last post as an example.

This:
faligorn was the last to rise, crawlign out of his bed, he noticed everyone else just leaving hey, g'morning guys! he said hurrying to catch them up, as they walked on deck what are our jobs do we think? he went pn

Would be much more readable if speaking and action were on different lines...

Faligorn was the last to rise, crawlign out of his bed, he noticed everyone else just leaving.

Faligorn: Hey, g'morning guys!

He said, hurrying to catch them up, as they walked on deck.

Faligorn: What are our jobs do we think?

Easy peasy! ^_^
Oh and look, there's minor punctuation additions... sorry to be a patronizing git there, but it does look nicer don't ya think?
I doesn't take loads more effort.

And with such formatting, less typing is required to explain your character's actions, so it is actually easier!
i see what you mean, my main problems are:
a) getting my thoughts down into words
b) not having much time to post during the day
Old 01-17-2005, 09:32 AM   #207
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
About the Nurv-Flannery thing, as Captain, you don't really need to cater to my "special needs". Nurv just has to deal. Or you can be nice. It's up to you. I can (hopefully) play my character versitily (word?). ^.^
I know. But I was thinking, well there is a spare cabin. And Flannery is up at unusual hours, so it would actually make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicirus
Okay, but I thought XK said I am allowed to have the dog just as long as he pees over board. But anyway we'll see when it comes to it. Slo-Mo will be stealing peoples food and stuff just like greyhounds usually do.
You have to keep him hidden, because other wise I will be annoyed. I don't like animals much, particularly on my ship.

Quote:
Even though a lot of time can pass in real time, not a lot has passed in game time. I forget sometimes. But in this case, probably only about 10 mins or so have passed in the game since we were woken up and assembled on deck.

One other comment, which is also no biggie, is there's probably some topics that us 'sailor' ranked players don't want to godmod, ie. our orders and other highly captain-y things. That's why activity is slow ATM, it's not because we're not interesting.

But hey, there will be ups and downs in activity in any RPG so no worries there too. Just a few thoughts from the verbose elf Nurvingiel.
Okay, a little point on this time situation and the keeping track of it.

I said I want everyone on deck at noon tomorrow. here. I also said Flannery, get yourself below decks before the light comes up. this here. Consequently this meant that before we all went to bed it was dawn. So getting up at the crack of dawn shouldn't have happened unless no one slept, or we all slept through a whole day. Certainly since I made a note of it in my post and specified that we should meet at noon.

On Sicirus' god-mod. (Don't worry ) She posted for me, probably because I wasn't online and was needed. However, just a quick note here. XK would have sent you all back to bed again until noon for not listening to what she said. I *definately* do not mind you guys using my character, go ahead, but keep in mind how she reacts to things. Keep in mind that she is an irritating little biatch sometimes.

Oh yeah. Tiny.... Tiny, dear...don't leave unless you're dismissed. It won't be pretty. Remember on a ship there is a chain of command. You may not be involved in much work on deck, but you still must respect those who you work for.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 01-17-2005 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:50 AM   #208
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*raises hand* That would be my fault, captain, I forgot the tiny detail of noon and rang everybody out of bed at dawn. Maybe we can just pretend dawn is good as well since everybody wrote a waking-up post? *is deeply ashamed of waking crew before time, oh well... not that ashamed... just a bit * )

Last edited by Earniel : 01-17-2005 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:54 AM   #209
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Though part of the chain of command, the cook is a sort of special position. Of course she still answers to the Captian and mates, but it would be acknowledged that her working hours are completely different from everyone else's. She will pretty much have to spend her entire day 1. cooking 2. washing dishes 3. preparing the next meal. Maybe it won't be so bad to cook for 14 or so hungry pirates... or not...

About time... maybe we should just all go edit our posts, because our characters would have understood what you meant. In hindsight, I guess it shoulda been obvious that we would have to get up at the crack of dawn when we had been in a brawl fairly late at night. Heh...

EDIT: I cross-posted with you Eärniel. Actually Sicirus had dawn time posts too... I'll just unedit my posts. I like your solution better.

EDIT2: I'm very confused.
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 01-17-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:57 AM   #210
Elfmaster XK

It is okay Eärniel. I saw you posted morning, but you didn't say that it was still dark like Sicirus did!

Anyway, do not worry. Please. I'm not a monster who's going to make everyone edit right now. These things happen when more than one person in playing.

And Nurv. Yes, Tiny will cook a lot, but she cannot just walk off and do her own thing. In future when everything is going on normally on the ship, it is likely she will not need to have orders from me. But this early on she doesn't know where the galley is, where we keep food stocked, about the room...anything. So consequently...my upcoming post is going to knock her back in line.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-17-2005, 10:19 AM   #211
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Hey, question: is the Room you spoke of in your long post locked?
Old 01-17-2005, 10:34 AM   #212
Elfmaster XK

Yes. It is locked, barred, bolted and everything.

You cannot get in, and I do not jest. I will kill anyone who tries to open it and endanger everyone else.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-17-2005, 10:42 AM   #213
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

*hands in the air* Wasn't planning on trying. Was just wondering if one was supposed to refer to it that way, as I've seen before.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:06 PM   #214
Elfmaster XK

Oh dear...I just re-read my post thinking why have they all gone wrong...but that was my bad! I meant to post in an understandable manner ()...that Nurvingiel and CC were waiting with Luthien. That was what the 'take them with you' was about, but I forgot to post that you guys moved over to wait with her.

Luthien is not on the tour, she knows her way.

Sicirus, I gave ethuiliel a positon. She's a nipper. And no one worry, you are yet to be shown what your jobs are. I don't expect anyone to know yet.

And CC...good, stay away.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 01-18-2005, 03:49 AM   #215
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Okay, so all the newbies are on the tour right?
Quote:
Old 01-18-2005, 06:50 AM   #216
Earniel

Yes, I think you all are.

EXK, frankly, I'm not that privvy myself to all that really happens on board a ship, in fact I know zilch of it. So maybe we can keep the 'teaching' in the game thread to a minimum? And maybe plan a small party at the end of the first day after which we can assume everybody gets to know eachother better without having to post it all in dialog?

Not that I'm saying that introducing and explaining in full is bad, mind you. This might be easier, but it's just a suggestion. I'm just.... itching to get out in sea and get the plot moving.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:41 AM   #217
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

We could post our own training in some sort of reasonable way. I have some ideas about what might happen to the Count and I. But I had been sailing before, which makes it easier. I think there's a lot of flexibility here for posting in a lot or little detail.

EDIT: I took it that Luthien is teaching the Count and I, but editing is possible...

EDIT2: See the giant godmod and despair! Bwahahaha...
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 01-18-2005 at 08:37 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:26 AM   #218
Earniel

Despain? Is that a Nurvism?
Old 01-18-2005, 08:37 AM   #219
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I have no idea how I managed to type N in place of R.

I mean... I meant to... because you will experience pain! Despain! That's right...
Quote:
Old 01-18-2005, 12:29 PM   #220
Elfmaster XK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel

EXK, frankly, I'm not that privvy myself to all that really happens on board a ship, in fact I know zilch of it. So maybe we can keep the 'teaching' in the game thread to a minimum? And maybe plan a small party at the end of the first day after which we can assume everybody gets to know eachother better without having to post it all in dialog?

Not that I'm saying that introducing and explaining in full is bad, mind you. This might be easier, but it's just a suggestion. I'm just.... itching to get out in sea and get the plot moving.

Right. I never intended to go into great detail .What Nurv has written is fine, but she *does* know some things about sailing. Those who don't do not need to worry. It isn't important to go into great detail on everyone's tasks. And yes, we can have an on-deck party later.

Quote:
EDIT: I took it that Luthien is teaching the Count and I, but editing is possible...
Actually, no. I want Luthien and you two to be given something to do. But don't edit because what you wrote was fine. I'll just send you after the learning.

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Closed Thread