Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-11-2007, 08:18 PM   #201
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion swallowed back several sobs before answering.
"I'll try," he whispered. "It-it just hurts so much."
The young elf clenched his hands into fists as the tears of anger, pain and shame began to fall.
"I'm so sorry," he said, "for what I did to you. Will you forgive me?"
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:20 PM   #202
YayGollum
Enting

Location: A place called Fort Myers. In the evil state of Florida, a part of the United States Of America, of North America, Earth, Sol system.
Nandreeson poked his head out from under a blanket nearby. "Ah, awake, are we? Well, don't allow me to interrupt! I was just waiting to have my sleep disturbed by you. The boss said to tell you that we're heading north, up the Misty Mountains. We've spotted the giant a few times, so we're still not especially safe. And also, go speak with him. He's just sitting out front, taking his turn at watch." With a gesture to the curtain hanging in the front of the wagon, he disappeared back under the blanket with a sleepy grumble.

- Myself
YayGollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:36 PM   #203
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion frowned. That was certainly unexpected. He wondered how much Nandreeson had heard of their discussion. He also hadn't been expecting for them to be given leave to leave the wagon considering they were bound hand and foot. Nevertheless he went about trying to bring his hands in front of to make it easier to get loose.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #204
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Raenambar gave Revion a confused glance and tried looking back at Nandreeson (which was rather difficult and somewhat painful since he was directly behind him).
"Perhaps you could loosen our binds a bit," he said, "and then maybe tell us who you are and why we're bound in the first place?"
Raenambar found himself startled at the aggression in his tone.
Tuinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:45 AM   #205
YayGollum
Enting

Location: A place called Fort Myers. In the evil state of Florida, a part of the United States Of America, of North America, Earth, Sol system.
Nandreeson groaned and flopped around a bit before he sprang up with a forced grin. "Ah! Alright. Hm. Gladeo said that I should let you out front to see him, but he didn't say anything about untying you. You're tied up because it looked like you both went mad, back there. I've heard of creatures with some kind of magic to make people go mad merely by looking at them, but I don't think that that old giant lady is so powerful! Eh. You two seem okay, now, though. You don't have any irrational desires, at the moment? oh well. It won't be my fault!" He then sauntered over to untie some ropes, but when he saw how loose they were, he chuckled, "Heh! Trust an Olog-Hai to tie elves up? You could've slipped these! I could've slipped these! oh well. No fighting, okay? I'm gonna..." With exaggerated movements and mumbled words, he stumbled his way back to apparent sleep.

- Myself
Old 09-13-2007, 08:35 AM   #206
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion felt a bit foolish as he twisted his hands out of the rope and then went about untangling his ankles, watching as Raenambar did the same. He had thought they felt loose but at the time his head had hurt so much that he wasn't willing to test just how loose. He thought back to Nandreeson's comment that they had looked as if they had gone mad when fighting.
"Did we really look that bad?" he thought to himself.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:27 AM   #207
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"This one's a bit odd," thought Raenambar to himself, but thoughts of Turthatlion seemed to reply to him, "Yes, but there's something else about him, some secret he's carrying. He's trying too hard to hide it. Keep a careful eye on him."
As Raenambar stood and rubbed his wrists he looked down at the lumpy pile that covered Nandreeson and mumbled a thanks.
Looking back up at Revion he motioned with a jerk of his head towards where Nandreeson had told them they would find this boss of his.
"Let's go see what they want," he suggested.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:18 PM   #208
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion nodded in response to Raenambar as they headed out to where Gladeo was keeping watch. He noticed something he hadn't before.
"Perhaps we should also ask as to where they've put our weapons," he whispered to Raenambar.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:20 PM   #209
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

A hint of anger flashed across Raenambar's eyes, and in the deep voice of Turthalion he replied, "I intend on it. I will have my swords given back to me."
Old 09-13-2007, 08:47 PM   #210
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion jumped as the deeper voice came from Raenambar as he spoke, the voice of Turthalion. He wondered for a moment before asking,
"Are you and Turthalion one and the same or two different beings. And is that going to happen every time you speak about something?"
Old 09-13-2007, 09:06 PM   #211
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Raenambar looked surprised at Revion's questions, and his brow furrowed as he pondered how to answer. Finally he said, "It's hard to explain. I'm sorta new to this whole thing, but as far as I know there are times when we are whole and one. That seems to be most common. Yet there are times when one of my- uh, Turthalion's memories are touched more than, uh, Raenambar's. That's when I become more separated, I think. Like just now; the blades are very important to me. I mean, Turthalion. 'He' has more memories that connect them to 'him'. But 'he's' still me! I'm not a different person. I just have a second memory. They're not fully connected yet. I sense there's still something I cannot yet recall. Still a gap in my memory."
Even as he said this they opened the wagon's curtain to see Gladeo sitting just outside like Nandreeson had said.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #212
YayGollum
Enting

The wagon trundled along a rocky path heading north along the foothills of the Misty Mountains. The large Olog-Hai huffed and puffed every now and then, but his pace remained steady as he pulled the wagon along. Gladeo placed the book that he had been reading aside and bobbed his head respectfully at them. "Good evening, to you both! You seem far more lucid, at the moment. Forgive our hasty decision. I'm sure that Nandreeson has already told you why you were restrained. Now, where were you headed, before we met? A couple of elves would be quite helpful along such a road!"

- Myself

Last edited by YayGollum : 09-14-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:49 PM   #213
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

Thinking it would not be best to reveal all of their plans at once, Raenambar replied, "We make for the High Pass on the East and West road. It seems our way lies on the same road as yours for some time."
Old 09-14-2007, 01:43 AM   #214
YayGollum
Enting

"The High Pass, eh?" Gladeo grinned. "Well, it is well-known. Maybe we'll meet someone. With Guy here, and a few ropes, we are used to passing the Misty Mountains whereever we please. But if the High Pass will be more convenient for you, we'll have little to disagree on." With a bit of nervous edging away ---> "You aren't about to attack each other again, are you?"

- Myself
Old 09-14-2007, 09:18 AM   #215
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion shook his head.
"No, no we're not going to attack each other," he replied softly. "That last incident was...a...misunderstanding. A big one. Don't worry, it's unlikely to happen again."
He thought for a moment
"Why are you heading toward the Misty Mountains? If it's alright to ask." As an after thought he added, "and what have you done with our weapons?"

Pippin watched as Saradoc gretted Oakleaf like an old friend before asking, "Um, what's this all about? How did you two meet and what do those draughts do?"

Last edited by Pip : 09-22-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:07 PM   #216
Nuelbar
Hobbit

"Sauramon," Pavelon said as he arrived at the tower of Sauramon. "Await my arrival you do?" Pavelon said with a small wolfish grin on his face as he bowed to Sauramon.
Nuelbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:43 AM   #217
YayGollum
Enting

The merchant gave a small and embarrassed yelp, then scrambled hastily back inside the wagon, explaining, "Oh! Of course, of course! I locked your weapons away, for safety's sake, you understand. Hm. Now, where is that key?" After halting in front of a pile of variously-sized chests and fumbling with a chain loaded with keys, he unlocked one of the larger chests and pulled their weapons free from under some folded clothes. "Here you are! They look quite valuable! We don't meet many elves, where we come from. Do all of your weapons smell so magical? Heh!" Nandreeson, under his blanket, rolled around a bit and grumbled softly.

- Myself
Old 09-23-2007, 10:09 PM   #218
orithil
Captain Jack

sarumon sat down on a large stone chair "ahh, Pavelon it is good to see you" sarumon smirked.
"Oh, the pleasure's all mine.." Pavelon said sarcasticle (sorry had to control him for a sec)
"You are to ally with Dirith" he gestured to another door and the ring wraith Dirith stepped through "Together you shall begin the destruction of the free people, now Dirith is different from the other nazguls he is," he paused searching for the right word "more independant, will you be able to work together?"
"indeed" said Pavelon

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:21 PM   #219
Tuinor
Elven Warrior

"Magical?" Turthalion asked in a deep voice as he recieved back his his two blades, "I don't know what you're talking about."
For Raenambar now knew at least the fact that the blades were by no means "magical", no, there was something deeper, something spiritual about them, and now he knew at least where one was from.
"This blade," Raenambar said, lifting up the white one, "was forged by my brother, in the ancient times long before even the coming of men into the west. His prowess in the forging of blades was nearly as great as that of the sons of Feanor. It is ancient, and forged with skill and knowledge that is long gone, but I doubt it is by any means magical. He poured some of his spirit into making it, and recieved blessing from elsewhere as well, but it has no enchantment that I know of." Raenambar glanced up and Gladeo and with a smile added, "I mean no insult to your nose, my friend. Perhaps it picked up a scent somewhere along the long road of its existence."
Old 09-23-2007, 11:29 PM   #220
Pip
Elven Warrior

Revion strapped his quiver and bow to his back, glad at the familiar weight again and held his staff loosely. He chuckled at Raemanbar's last statement to Gladeo before answering the question of his own weapon of choice, indicating his staff.
"I carved this out a fallen branch," he said simply, "Not much magic in that," he finished with a grin.