Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-22-2003, 02:15 PM   #201
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

EXK: The one on Dark Arts, me thinks...I may be wrong. The one where Hermione's parents die. That's yours, neh? Lo siento if I'm getting confused yet again.
What are the titles of your other ones? I wanna read those too...
tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 01:47 PM   #202
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
EXK: The one on Dark Arts, me thinks...I may be wrong. The one where Hermione's parents die. That's yours, neh? Lo siento if I'm getting confused yet again.
What are the titles of your other ones? I wanna read those too...
tano
Oh yes, that one. Thanks, am glad you enjoyed it. It was indeed mine!

Here are the links to my other two.

Forgotten is very mild H/D, and is to began a series of mini-fics.

Can't Stop the Poison is a very loooong fic. Only three chaps up, so you might be able to handle it! This one is about Draco trying to break away from his father's teachings when he murders Narcissa. However, all is not what it seems, and the murder is still to be solved. Draco suffers greatly from being torn between the dark and the light sides and will eventually be pushed over the edge by it.

[quote] Kinda had the same thing happen, except i wandered universes away into BmB fanfics and clex slash[quote]

TS: Heh, when I get bored I go away and write something original! That way I don't have to read any fanfic, and get a rest from it. I haven't moved into any other universes as of yet!

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 01-23-2003 at 01:53 PM.
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 05:40 PM   #203
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Yes, there's a thread about this!!!! Wooohooo!!!

OK, I have two words to say:

1. Frodo!!

2. Draco!!

I'm only reading the Draco trilogy know, but I've fallen so completely in love with it that the computer is making strange growling noises from being left on so long...

So, what are the best fics to read after the trilogy (involving Draco, preferably)?

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears

Last edited by FrodoFriend : 01-23-2003 at 05:42 PM.
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 11:35 PM   #204
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Oh my Eru, MauraMellon, when did you get back? I haven't seen you here in forever and a day! *hugs the halfwit*

My favorite Draco fic is:

Draco Malfoy, the Amazing, Bouncing...Rat?, by Maya. Bloody hilarious. Enjoy the insanity and Draco's incredible hotness...

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 08:38 PM   #205
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
oooo when did you add the quote from kushiel's dart? Have you gotten to chosen yet? My fav drcao fic is the one where he insists hes in an alternate reality, but I don't remember the name...oh yeah Herbal essence and organic experience now has 3 chaps
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:01 AM   #206
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Hey, TinuvielChild! Yes, I have returned to drive you all crazy with Frodo madness!! And Draco madness too, if I can manage it...

Does anyone know if there happens to be a website for novel-length LotR fic?

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 02:11 PM   #207
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Can't recommend LotR sites - although Library of Moria is all LotR slash - but I can recommend one hilarious Harry/Snape fic: the Mirror of Maybe, by Midnight Blue. More chapters are up on ff.net than on Schnoogle, but I don't have the ff.net link handy, so the schnoogle one is what I just gave. It's got a Yahoo! group, too, with lots and lots of yummy little cookies...

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 02-16-2003, 08:28 PM   #208
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Second Mirror of Maybe, that fic is as sweet as irrestible potion which I don't think evil rhysenn is going to finish, though the way she updates you can't be sure
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 02-16-2003, 09:19 PM   #209
Sicirus
Elf Lord

i've read some many fictions I can't remember them all.
But a really good one was "My life as a house elf" About hermione getting turned into a house elf and gets purchased by Malfoy and you can guess the rest right?
I am about to put a fic on about Hermione getting turned into an owl and is used as a messanger for pen pals(quill pals) to the people they met last year from around Europe. Then she starts to send letters for Malfoy and learns how mean his quill pal is and tries to warn him and starts to fall in love with him.
How does it sound????????
Old 02-16-2003, 09:20 PM   #210
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

...wow. At the very least it'll be interesting

Old 02-18-2003, 10:24 PM   #211
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by TwirlingString
...wow. At the very least it'll be interesting
Did you mean that in the fact that it sounds like a bad idea?
Old 02-19-2003, 01:11 AM   #212
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

No...post it. Sounds cool.
Whatever happened to that one fic about remus and the little werewolf girl?

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 02-19-2003, 11:22 AM   #213
Sicirus
Elf Lord

I put it on the site but hardly anyone answered to it exept my firnd and one other pesron.
I am going to send this fic to a betta before I post it and wish to stop it at a cliffhanger when Hermione is turned into the owl and sees herself in the mirror. I can email it to you if you wish to give me your opinion.
Old 02-20-2003, 12:20 PM   #214
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Have you already got a beta, then? I'd love to see it anyhow.

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 02-20-2003, 01:23 PM   #215
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Not really. If you want to be my first victim (Oh sorry ment beta) then that would be wonderful.
I'll email it to you.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:18 PM   #216
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I know I'm really late to get to everything, of course...heh....not to mention i'm never here anymore but that's a different matter...but anyway...

i want the next chapter of Snitch!!!! ARGH. anyone else read that lately? i finally got around to reading chpt. 11 and, well, with the way it ends...*sigh*

points for me: i got two people here to read the Draco trilogy, and they were completely addicted. Go me!!! yay! I'm spreading it.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 04:11 AM   #217
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
i want the next chapter of Snitch!!!! ARGH. anyone else read that lately? i finally got around to reading chpt. 11 and, well, with the way it ends...*sigh*
Who knows? I don't think Al has updated for ages. WAH!

Oh well, also this thread needs to be moved to the HP forum now.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 09:31 PM   #218
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

Can you say: chapter 12 of Draco Veritas is up????
LoD
I am Morwen, Lady of Darkness.

Her head was bowed,
from all the tears and pain,
but she would rise again
Lady of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 10:28 PM   #219
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Whoa...I haven't been on Schnoogle in ages. Not since the Third Age of Entmoot began...and then I submitted my ficlet! It's crap. I know it's crap. It's on the DarkArts (or it will be in a few days, when they get around to posting it), titled Scattered Leaves, and it would be nice if I could get some helpful reviews. Yay...

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 06:23 PM   #220
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

perhaps I shall read it... it depends on if I actually have TIME (what in the name of Mordor is THAT??).. I mean, killing orcies is VERY HARD....
I'm gonna put one of my fics up on Schnoogle soon ( 7 books. 7 bloody books for ONE STORY..I need a life. What in middle earth is THAT too? lol)
Me likes DV12...all ye Draco/Harry people might be a bit disappointed, (whoops...shouldn't have said that. Shant say anymore...sry TC...don't yell at me. I am INVINCIBLE!! I have STARBUCKS BWAHAAHHAHAHAH!)
LoD
I am Morwen, Lady of Darkness.

Her head was bowed,
from all the tears and pain,
but she would rise again
Lady of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote