Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 05:18 PM   #201
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

'Mae Govannen, Haldir of Lorien!' said Aragorn
'Might we be permitted to speak of the matter with the Hippy-Lady Galadriel?, for tidings are to dark to speak of in the open forest!'
Old 01-23-2005, 09:14 AM   #202
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
They spent the night high in the trees on specially made platforms which could house at least 7 people. There were three such refuges in the trees close by the clearing.

Frodo, Sam and two of Haldir's brothers slept in on the refuges.

The evening passed and night came. Suddenly they heard scratching noices on the outside of the tree. Frodo leaned out and saw a dark figure climbing the tree. It's eyes shone with like two mini-flashlights in the darkness.

One of the brothers woke up and came over to Frodo and took a peek. The figure dropped off the tree and disappeared.

"What was that?" the elf asked.

"I don't know, but it's been following us of late."
Old 01-23-2005, 10:32 AM   #203
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

the dark figure disappeared off to the north of the path at the sound of Frodo and Haldir's brother talking.

"I first noticed the ees in the ancient subways of the dwarves," said frodo
"and they have been present ever since!"
Old 01-23-2005, 12:09 PM   #204
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Sam woke up when he heard their conversation.

"Begging you pardon, Mr Frodo, I think I know who that figure is. I heard Gandalf and Elrond speaking of some daring thefts who had occured in Mirkwood. Opening personal safeboxes, diamonds and other valuebles disappearing. I can put a name on that figure. Its the infamous cat-burgler Gollum."

"Why didn't you speak up before!" Frodo said, somewhat angry.

"Well, at first I didn't think it was important, and then all that's been happening made me forget about him." said Sam
Old 01-23-2005, 12:11 PM   #205
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

"well," said frodo, looking fondly at sam, "it would seem that there is no real harm don, yet, but we shall see, hopefully we might lose him in the fair hippy-commune of lorien?" frodo went on, looking hopefully at haldir's brother
Old 01-24-2005, 11:51 AM   #206
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Then stout Gimli arose from sitting upon the platform and made a small speech, "I for one, do NOT wish to enter the hippy compound. For eating and jostling with a bunch of high, long-haired, granola-eating, Birkenstock-wearing activist sounds as about as much fun as brushing my teeth with toilet calk! Of course, I don't object to medicinal uses of, ‘ahem’, certain applied herbs and such, 'cough'."

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
Old 01-24-2005, 12:13 PM   #207
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

"I agree with you Gimli," said Boromir. "Against my will did the Company enter Moria, and to our loss. Not happily will I enter this hippy refuge."
"Well what fairer route do you desire," replied Aragorn.
"A plain one. Though it would lead through a hedge of swords, and many bushes of spears."
"There is no other way. Unless you would return to the gates of Moria to scale the mountains, or swim the Great River alone and have the ORC unionists shout 'LONER' at you and shoot you."
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 01-24-2005, 12:58 PM   #208
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

"Well, you can't go back until you been brought in front of the Lord and Lady of the Galadrim. They will pronounce judgement on you. Wether to let you go or to imprison you in the Spa Section." said Haldir.

"The Spa Section!" mused Gimli."Perhaps on the other hand I think I'll remain with the company."

"Me too." said Boromir, immediately more cheerful.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:17 PM   #209
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Boromir and Gimli were still talking and laughing together when the furst rays of sun crept over the tallest trees.
suddenly, haldir's head appeared through the middle of the flet
'Wakey Wakey, sleepy perian-children!' he called to frodo and sam,
'the others of the fellowship have risen, and are on the woodland floor! we got to meet the Lady of the Golden Hippy Commune today!'

They travelled far, blindfolded as is the law of the land, until frodo smelt a wondrous scent, 'you smell the mellyrn leaves,' said haldir, noticing the smile on frodo's face, 'they bear leaf yearly, and the blooms fade not though the leaves turn a wondrous golden colour' he went on.

Soon, they were come to cerin amroth, where they were met by a company of elves that had approached silently. haldir conversed for a moment with the leader, before returning to the fellowship. 'The lady of the commune has bidden you walk unblinded,' he said 'it would seem fresh tidings have come, from elrond perhaps!'

ooc: sorry, but we seemed to be stuck in that tree for a long time
Old 01-25-2005, 07:59 AM   #210
EarthBound

Looking happier with his chore, Haldir seemed to visibly relax. "So, since everything is 'cool now', let’s head into the commune in a groovy style, eh. In fact, why don't we all hold hands, sing some way-cool songs about light, trees, and medicinal herbs as we go?"

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Old 01-25-2005, 04:40 PM   #211
Telcontar_Dunedain

All of the Homies looked at Haldir strangley, and all left him bar Frodo, who was still trying to figure out the hippy dialect. After aminute or so he walked off in the direction he had senn Aragorn go. As he came to Amroth's mound he found Aragorn standing there, tall and proud as a young and fearless lord. In his hand he held a group of flowers that according to Haldir were called elanor. As Frodo approached Aragorn spoke to a person Frodo could not see.
"Arwen vanimelda namarië"
He then turned to Frodo.
"Come Frodo. Here lies my heart in Hippidome," he said as they left the mound.
There Aragorn necer came as a living (or dead) man again.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 01-26-2005, 12:51 PM   #212
EarthBound

He did, however, visit Mia's Tortias for lunch and often for Wednesday dinners . . . throughout his long life.

Happy to be here

Last edited by EarthBound : 01-26-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:37 PM   #213
Telcontar_Dunedain

Soon Haldir lead the Homies into Caras Galadhon, home of Hippy Lords Celeborn and Galadriel. They pass throughtt the realm seeing many Hippy vans on the way until they reached a ladder which lead in to a tree house, which was high from the ground.
"My Lord and Lady bid you climb. Frodo shall come first and with him Legolas. The others may follow as they will," said Haldir.

Old 01-26-2005, 05:52 PM   #214
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Frodo nodded, and bagan the ascent to the highest den, passing many flet and talan along the way, some small, to either side of the steps, other large, fitted about the bole of the tree, with the ladder passing through, until at lastthey came upon the Lord and Lady of the Commune.

At the arrival of the fellowship of homies, Celeborn and Galadriel put down their joints and rose to greet them, as even the mightiest of elf-lords may do at times to such guests as these were.

'Eight there are here now, yet nine were set out from Imladris, or so the Lord Elrond sent word.' said Celeborn 'Tell me, where is Gandalf, for I desire greatly to speak with him'
'He has fallen,' said the Hippy-Lady Galadriel, 'In great darkness he has passed, to whither? Even the wisest can not tell ... his steps are hidden from me, yet hope remains, whilst the company is true, but! stray but a litttle, and the quest shall fail, to the ruin of all - beware this quest stands upon the edge of a chainsaw!' the lady went on
Old 01-26-2005, 05:55 PM   #215
Telcontar_Dunedain

"Tell us now the full story of what has happened since you set out from Riv-en-dell," Celeborn said slowly without blinking.
"Alas," cried Legolas. "He fell into Shadown. For we saw an elfbane greater than any that walks this arth save the one that sit in the Dark tower. It was a Barry Rog of Morgoth."
"Alas," cried Gimli. "It was Durin's bane. A shadow engulfed in flames."
"Come now," said Lord Celeborn, still not blinkiong. "Tell us the full story."

Old 01-26-2005, 06:02 PM   #216
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

As aragorn recounted the full story of the travels through the ancient subways ofthe dwarves, th lord celeborn's face grew graver, until the tale of Barry Rog, when the Lady interrupted between drags on her spliff 'I have seen this Managing Director,' she said 'of all elf-banes, the most deadly! I have seen him, ever has he haunted my waking dream!'
Old 01-26-2005, 06:05 PM   #217
Telcontar_Dunedain

"Waking dreams?" said Sam. "But you can't have waking dreams. You gotta be asleep to have dreams you silly-pretty-elf-hippy-woman!"
"It is not so for the elves. For when we sleep we are awake in all respects save that our minds deel elsewhere," replied Galadriel.
"Oh. Okay then," said Sam.

Old 01-26-2005, 06:11 PM   #218
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

the lord celeborn now rose, and spoke in a singly monotonous voice, without punctuation or blinking 'Now is the time for sleep friends for i sense you are weary beyand compare and the grief of mithrandir shall not be assuaged ever easily have no fear these borders are wel protected you shall all be at ease now!'
Old 01-27-2005, 02:03 PM   #219
Telcontar_Dunedain

An elf appeared in the tree house and led the Homies back down the ladder to the place where they would be staying.
"I swear I have heard that same monotone coming out of the mouth of someone who never blinks before," said Merry.
"Here," said Legolas getting out what seem to be a hand held television, he inserted a disc and a monotone of a voice boomed out of the speakers. It stopped after a couple of minutes when Merry walked away grumbling some about Peter Jackson.
He found Aragorn nearby with something in his cell phone in his hand.
"What are you doing Strider," asked Merry.
"I'm trying to text Elrond news of Gandalf's fall, but I can't get a signal which is strange in these parts. Alas I fear that Sauron has cut all signal in Middle Earth," replied Aragorn. Merry walked closer towards him and peered at the screen from under his arm and read the non sending text.

Gndlf as faln in btle wiv Bry Rg. ESTEL
PS: Giv my luv 2 arwn.

Old 01-27-2005, 07:26 PM   #220
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Nazgul

The homies were all sleeping about the base of a tree, except for frodo and sam who were talking together. 'I tell you for one,' said frodo, 'i hope very much that before we leave we shall see the lady again'

even as he spoke, they saw the lady galadriel, clothed in a tie-dyed garb reminiscent of the 60's, she spoke not a word, but beckoned to them, as she walked past. Turning at the end of the path, she ed them down th slopes of caras galadhon, through a small hedge and down some steps to a sheltered dell, where there was a large television, and a collection of video tapes.

'Here is the CCTV system of Galadriel!' she said 'I have brought you here so that you may look in it, if you will' she turned silently, and switched the TV on, beckoning the hobbits forward as she did so
'What things shall we look for, and what shall we see?' asked frodo
'Many things may be bidden shown,' said galadriel 'but the TVF is wayward, it shows many things, things that were, things that are, and some things the TV shows, that have not yet come to pass, and what these are, even the wisest can not tell'
Closed Thread