Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 03:56 PM   #1981
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
I totally agree with you; I think all the studying, analysing, etc. that you do in Lit. has a tendency to ruin the story. If it weren't for that, I'd probably love Literature! As it is, I only like it.
but when you pick it apart like that you learn all of its intricacies--the secrets behind what makes it beautiful. Except maybe if the piece of literature in question is Caesar's war commentaries.
Old 01-14-2003, 05:35 PM   #1982
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
but when you pick it apart like that you learn all of its intricacies--the secrets behind what makes it beautiful. Except maybe if the piece of literature in question is Caesar's war commentaries.

Discovered that I hadn't actually lost my chocolate. That made me feel good. Annoyed because a friend gave me her cold yesterday, so I can only hear out of one ear, and the other one is constantly popping, and it's very, very distracting. Grr.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 01-14-2003, 10:49 PM   #1983
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Was supposed to meet friends at their school today sometime around 3:30-4:30, to edit the trailer for my film. Get there at 4, search all over the building, they're not there. Call one of them at home, her mother thinks she's at school. walk all over downtown looking for them, don't find them. finally go home--or, try to anyway--get on the bus but its last stop isn't as far as it's supposed to go, so i get off to walk the rest of the way. wearing awful shoes and have terrible blisters already so i take off my shoes and keep walking. finally another bus comes when i'm halfway home so i run to catch it and i make it but i don't have my shoes on yeesh. so annoyed. still dont' know where friends are.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 01-15-2003, 01:36 AM   #1984
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Goddammit. I burnt myself on the oven, and now I have a pussy great big blister on the back of my hand.
Old 01-15-2003, 04:33 AM   #1985
Eruviel Greenleaf

Ouch. Hope you're not burned too badly, BoP. .. *concerned look*

Great, due to walking around in awful shoes, I now have a blister the size of a penny on my heel--it's all raw and awful looking and it really hurts. I think all of the skin was scraped away

I now know to wear better shoes when I go walking around downtown.

Still don't know what happened to my friends

Have to clean up basement tomorrow, which means picking up all my brother's junk. ARR. I hate having to pick up his toys. Honestly

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 01-15-2003, 01:26 PM   #1986
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

[EDIT-Deleted vent. Think scared people]

BoP! I hope you aren't seriously hurt! My friend burnt her arm badly and when the blister exploded (pus everywhere, not pleasent at all) it got infected. So please, don't let it do that.

EG, I hope your feet are ok, and that you find your friends sometime. Try behind the fridge.

Hanza - Hope you haven't broken your ankle. I used to trampoline and bit right through my tongue once. That hurt like hell.

Hopefully you will all be okay soon.

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 01-16-2003 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-16-2003, 01:05 PM   #1987
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*sigh* If it isn't bad enough that I have to give up my free week for the last days of my practical because that stupid school of mine doesn't have those lessonrosters ready ( school starts again monday BTW and I still don't have my roster) and I don't know when I would have a free day to take those last days so I had to take them now, completely ruining my one free week, and of course my last day had to be ruined as the guy with who I had to go inspect the sites started making advances!

I'm in an aweful, AWEFUL mood today!

Last edited by Earniel : 01-16-2003 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:15 PM   #1988
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

it stopped snowing and then it rained so all the snow melted
but it's still supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow
Old 01-16-2003, 04:22 PM   #1989
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK
Hanza - Hope you haven't broken your ankle. I used to trampoline and bit right through my tongue once. That hurt like hell.
Ouch!! I trampoline, the worst things that ever happened to me was in a sequence getting my toe stuc in one of the holes, kept jumping, did a front drop bending it forwards, then a back drop bending it backwards, then I fell over, then had to cut the trampoline up to get my toe out. The doctor wasn't sure weather to amputate it or not. It dosn't sound serious but you didn't see my toe!!

The other time I just landed on my head durin a somersault.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:46 PM   #1990
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
Quote:
Originally posted by Elfmaster XK

Hopefully you will all be okay soon.
Luckily it wasn't broken and seems to be nearly better now.
Once in trampolining i was getting off and had one leg dangling off the side and the other still on the trampoline edge. Suddenly i just toppled off. flat onto my side. Everyone was laughing at me and thought it was hilarious. But it hurt like hell.

Also before I scared everyone by jarring my neck. I was just trying to to front to seat and ended up doing front to back. This is very painful on our trampoline as its really old and doesn't have a lot of bounce. So I had to lay on the trampoline for 10mins. they thought i had broken it. But i managed to have a lucky escape. Oh well.

Oh and you have bitten through your tongue I bit through my lip when skiing. I still have the scar.

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??

Last edited by Hanza : 01-16-2003 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-16-2003, 05:29 PM   #1991
entss89
lord of the ents

I LOVE HOW MUCH SNOW IS BEING POURED DOWN OVER MY HOUSE!

im a little hobbit short and stout
here is my ring evil without a doubt
when you get me hipped up
here me shout
get me to mordo as quick as you can..

if you like that song then you should visit www.lordoftherings.net!

the ents are coming
the ents are coming
watch out tower of orthanc
for your dark walls shall fall!
sauroman, sauroman
your name is not the white!
for now you are
sauroman of many colors!

a best frind does not stab u in the back...................
they stab u in the front.
Old 01-17-2003, 12:49 AM   #1992
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Wow. 100 pages.

Sorry about that, EG...I don't really know what happened. We went over to Margo's at about four...but I was in the main hall then, and I didn't see you. Oh well.

Augh stupid stupid...REALLY want to be editing for the film, but we can only edit on one computer, and that is now the school computer, but it's being dumb and freezing or whatnot...hope is better soon...augh.

Also cannot film scene tomorrow as many people are going away on Igloo trips, religious confys and many other things. (Since when have I begun speaking like Secret Diaries?)

On bright side, out from school at 12:30 tomorrow. Many things to be done, incl. editing, running around downtown, and yelling things and suspisinable people. V. good.

-Hurricane...
tano

p.s. ah yes. this was a while ago, but did I ever say that I now have a hurricane named after me? Or at least of my name? And it was a mag. 5, which is v. strong. FEAR ME!

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 01-17-2003, 01:23 AM   #1993
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Guess who gets to write an epic for English class. Well, at least it's only an episode from an epic; my English teacher really doesn't want to read 500 page long epics from 100 students! Oy...I am never doing this again. I am never trying to write something that takes place in the 21st century using a style of English that's more appropriate to Shakespeare's time...gaaaaah. Is this thread going to be closed for length, or can it remain open? *begs for the continued existence of the Venting Thread*

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 01-17-2003, 02:01 AM   #1994
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Hey, TC, how did all your Christmas ballet performances go?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 01-17-2003, 05:41 AM   #1995
Eruviel Greenleaf

ARR!
Didn't have time to do any editing today--couldn't even load all of the stuff onto the computer, so now I don't get to edit my trailer

And then people go away so we can't film scene tomorrow. Since i'm leaving on Sunday and I won't be back til March I dunno if I'll get to be in it after all and that was the one I was really looking forward to.

And we went out for dinner tonight which was nice but by the time we got back and I got my limpet-brother to finally let me go after telling him a bedtime story (which he had to keep interrupting because he thought something I said was stupid) it was too late to call my friend so I dunno if I'll be able to see my friends tomorrow which is almost my last chance besides Saturday to see them until march at the earliest, and I can't call in the morning so I guess I'll just have to show up at school tomorrow at 12:30 and pray I find them, which is of course VERY impossible, especially since they dont' have classes tomorrow. . .'cause it's my last chance to run around downtown while it's dark for a very long time! but I dunno if my mum will let me go because supposedly I have tons of stuff to do like packing and I dont' want to pack because that means i'm going back to school on sunday and i don't want to go back to school because i'm going to miss my friends and there's way too much stuff to deal with in terms of switching classes and all (because there is no way i'm taking a genetics class at 8am) and i don't want to write tons of papers and although i love learning and all i'm far too lazy to actually do the work and it makes me wonder what i'm doing in college anyway and i don't feel like i have that many friends there and it can be fun but i always feel like a sort of outsider among my roommates and other people in our hall and then i tend to do incredibly stupid things like shut myself up in my room but of course that only makes in worse. i won't have enough time to work on my story, and i won't be able to help my friends with the film which was really fun and i'll miss that and i won't get to do the rest of the filming with them and i wont' be able to work on any film stuff for the whole semester, really. and i have to find a job which isn't easy for me 'cause i'm way too shy. and i think i'm depressed. i'm going to go cry.

wow. i just wrote a lot. i think i needed that...sorry...i'm just in one of those-gah. *sigh*

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 01-17-2003, 06:49 AM   #1996
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by TinuvielChild
Is this thread going to be closed for length, or can it remain open? *begs for the continued existence of the Venting Thread*
I'm opening a new one when this one gets closed

Quote:
and i think i'm depressed. i'm going to go cry.
Please don't cry EG! I understand completely, and will talk about it with you over email. Remember, Twin is here! *pats EG* At least you've vented it now. *sigh* *takes EG away for councelling*

I'll vent shortly now, since i have people to deal with in a minute.

I hate other drivers, and i hate the messed up nature of the world.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:54 AM   #1997
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

I hate the cruel nature of my existence, which forces e to get up at 5:30, so that by 6:15 I can be online.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 01-17-2003, 02:27 PM   #1998
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
I totally agree with you; I think all the studying, analysing, etc. that you do in Lit. has a tendency to ruin the story. If it weren't for that, I'd probably love Literature! As it is, I only like it.
I can not agree more, when I read the Hobbit by myself, I loved it, and read it 3 times over agian within the same year, and then we had to read it with the class and I hated it, same with The Fellowship of the Ring, but that was a "group book" and that was ruend b/c we had to do half a million worksheets on it.

I hate how it is snowing, and I wan't to go play in it, but it is to cold and I don't want to freeze, so I'm staying in side. Why do I have to ceer about how cold I am?

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
Old 01-17-2003, 02:51 PM   #1999
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*sends a HUGE pack of chocolate through her computer to EG and hopes it doesn't jam her internetconnection*

It isn't much but I heard chocolate helps against depressions.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:41 PM   #2000
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
*sends a HUGE pack of chocolate through her computer to EG and hopes it doesn't jam her internetconnection*

It isn't much but I heard chocolate helps against depressions.
Thank you!!! It does help *eats some chocolate and feels a lot better*
And thanks, E XK. Just emailed you.

*sends out elvish wine through her computer to Earniel and E XK in thanks*

MOOTHUG!!!

*crashes into a wall, falls to the ground and says 'better now.'*

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Closed Thread