Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Literature
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-15-2002, 07:43 PM   #1
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
A Dance For Three (Some intersting LOTR stuff too)

I just read the book "A Dance for Three" for the second time, and noticed something in it I hadn't noticed before.

Okay, before I start, it's basically the story of a girl who gets pregnant, and it switches from the pregnant teen, her best friend, and the baby's father's brother (or the baby's uncle )

Well, the pregnant girl, Hannah, is at a concert with her friend Trilby when she notices a couple with a baby, dancing around. She's, of course, thinking of her baby. The first time I read this book, I thought that the couple's baby's name was strange, and the second time I laughed out loud.

The baby's name is Frodo.
Old 03-26-2002, 10:29 AM   #2
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

Re: A Dance For Three (Some intersting LOTR stuff too)

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
I just read the book "A Dance for Three" for the second time, and noticed something in it I hadn't noticed before.

Okay, before I start, it's basically the story of a girl who gets pregnant, and it switches from the pregnant teen, her best friend, and the baby's father's brother (or the baby's uncle )

Well, the pregnant girl, Hannah, is at a concert with her friend Trilby when she notices a couple with a baby, dancing around. She's, of course, thinking of her baby. The first time I read this book, I thought that the couple's baby's name was strange, and the second time I laughed out loud.

The baby's name is Frodo.
Are you serious? That's so great! They must have got that from LOTR. I mean, Frodo isn't exactley a common name.
He snatches the moons from out of the sky.
RosieCotton is offline   Reply With Quote