Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-03-2015, 03:12 PM   #1
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
Okay, read through the discussion thread and I have a couple questions: Is it focusing JUST on Dale? Or will there be pieces that take place in Erebor itself also?
I had plans for this game to be more freeform than LLL (which did have a more detailed script) so no, the game will not be limited to Dale. Erebor too is available (I have a Dwarf character too), Mirkwood even if need be, or frankly any place this game takes us too. But at least for the start lets keep the focus on Dale, Erebor, Laketown and vicinity where all the characters currently are.

Quote:
Could you be a little more specific about this Council? How many people are on it? Just one or two most important ppl from each race? The reason I'm asking is because the people I'm thinking I might play aren't going to be "important", per se, so if a lot of the interaction is going to take place in a Council setting, there won't be any reason for me to write during those RP portions () and I'll rethink my characters.
The council is not really defined in composition or number. Having a council member as character can be useful since this game deals with the rebuilding of the place after Smaug wrecked it and having a character that can decide things opens plot opportunities and built-in reasons for our characters to interact. But as Acalewia said, she doesn't have one and that's fine.

Since many happened to have council members, a council meeting seemed the logical point to start and introduce our characters. By no means will the game need to be limited to council matters or meetings.

Quote:
I was thinking it might be fun to play a female dwarf who has stayed to assist in the cleaning up of the Mountain, and then also someone in Dale because I'd want to be part of things going on there too. Maybe a mother whose son has disappeared or something.
Both characters sound great. I'd say go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge View Post
Well, you understand - if we're planning on half of the interaction of the RPG to be taking place in the Council (or the really exciting interaction, or the plot-moving interaction) and my characters aren't on the Council, I'm either going to be kind of a loner, or incredibly bored.
I'd think we too might get mightily bored too if all we RP is council meetings. So I don't think that's all we'll be doing that. There ought to be enough opportunity for RP outside the council but you may have to come up with them yourself. I'll happily help out with plotting when inspiration for possible interactions is lacking, but I don't intend to steer this game the way I did LLL.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:07 AM   #2
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
I'd think we too might get mightily bored too if all we RP is council meetings. So I don't think that's all we'll be doing that.
Perhaps there's a reason why we haven't really started that dreaded meeting yet

I play two characters, don't I? I should try to see whether at least one of them can do something before too long.

I'm partly stuck without Tessar, though - hope he will be able to play again soon

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Varnafindë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:02 PM   #3
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Heh, Attalus has about a dozen characters that he insists on calling NPCs in that notebook that I am not allowed to see. I am throughly enjoying myself though.

Susie
“Faërie contains many things besides elves and fays, and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants, or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted.” - JRRT. "On Faerie-Stories"
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote