Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
Lefty Scaevola
AngAdan

Vala: I like Orome for cheerfully riding around ME hunting evil things, but I will have to go with Ulmo, who insists on getting it right even against conventional wisdom of all the other Valar.

Maia: Olorin, steadfast dedication to a mission he feared, and one of the few deeply in touch with the incarnates.

Un-categorized: Huan, who ever would not want him as a sidekick?

Elf: Fingolfin, loyalty even over grievous insult by Feanor, remarkable skill in leading the factioned Noldor assimilated other races, the Sindar and the Edain, fortitude, and one of the finest exemplar of combined, courage, chivalry and warrior prowess in literature, striking a GOD of evil, supposedly (but maybe not by that stage of Morgoth’s deterioration) the most powerful being in the world, 8 times in personal combat.

Human: Hurin the Steadfast, leads his people nobly and skillfully, the avatar not of the great warriors of the Third House of the Edain but most especially of the steadfast fortitude of the First House. “…the folk of Beor were more steadfast in endurance of hardship and sorrow, slow to tears or laughter; their fortitude needed no hope to sustain it.” Seventy times “Aure enteluva!” Eye to eye with a God who could subvert the will of men, elves, demigods, and even confound the will of other Valar with his gaze, and he was unbowed.

Dwarves: All you really have for a ‘good’ dwarf in SIL is Azaghal, who does not take crap from dragons.
"Mighty are the Ainur, and mightiest among them is Melkor, but that he may know, and all the Ainur, that I am Iluvatar, those things that ye have sung, I will show them forth, ... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me,"

Last edited by Lefty Scaevola : 03-10-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Lefty Scaevola is offline   Reply With Quote