Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-04-2002, 03:24 PM   #41
Kwijibo
Elven Warrior

Location: Lothlorien (actually Wales, but let's not talk about that)
Treebeard

What about Sauron? One big floating eyeball, red I must add, seems like a pretty weird creation. If he's got a form, then fine, he's a regular guy, but no body except a giant eyeball?!?! ;-)

The Ents are a bit strange too. Oh, by the way, if ne1 knows and Ents, please tell them to destroy our local council because they sent people with chain-saws to de-limb the trees across from my house.

'I left my body to science, but I'm afraid they've turned it down' - In memory of Graham Chapman

'Rubin sits like Buddah in a 10 foot cell,
An innocent man in a living hell,' - From 'Hurricane' by Bob Dylan, the only innocent Hurricane protest song, written stressing the innocence of Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, a black, middle-weight boxer imprisoned for 19 for a triple murder which he did not commit.
Kwijibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 12:09 AM   #42
Khadrane
Elf Lord

Tom Bombadil. I mean, no one really knows for sure who he is anyway. He sings to save hobbits from giant trees, and the Ring has no effect on him. That's pretty strange.

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 12:40 AM   #43
Earenya
Elven Warrior

**Goldberry and Ents. I mean, as far as our world goes, they are the most similar-to-but-oddly-different from real world creations.**
Tiro! El eria e mor
I 'lir en el luitha 'uren
Ai! Aniron...

FRODO LIVES!
Earenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 04:51 PM   #44
Kwijibo
Elven Warrior

Location: Lothlorien (actually Wales, but let's not talk about that)
Quote:
Originally posted by Myself
What about Sauron? One big floating eyeball, red I must add, seems like a pretty weird creation. If he's got a form, then fine, he's a regular guy.
REGULAR GUY?!?!?!? What the heck was I thinking!? Sauron is a twisted evil maniac, does ne1 called THAT regular?!

I don't. *smacks herself on her own head for being such a dunce*

'I left my body to science, but I'm afraid they've turned it down' - In memory of Graham Chapman

'Rubin sits like Buddah in a 10 foot cell,
An innocent man in a living hell,' - From 'Hurricane' by Bob Dylan, the only innocent Hurricane protest song, written stressing the innocence of Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, a black, middle-weight boxer imprisoned for 19 for a triple murder which he did not commit.
Kwijibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #45
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

There is this passage from the FOTR in the Old Forest chapter "...and if they looked up to the pale sky, they caught sight of queer gnarled and knobbly faces that gloomed dark against the twilight, ..." I see these as being like wizened fairy types from folklore.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #46
Lefty Scaevola
AngAdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwijibo View Post
Sauron is a twisted evil maniac, does ne1 called THAT regular?!
Yep, that is rather common and regular in this world, at least.
"Mighty are the Ainur, and mightiest among them is Melkor, but that he may know, and all the Ainur, that I am Iluvatar, those things that ye have sung, I will show them forth, ... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me,"
Lefty Scaevola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:50 PM   #47
ASmileThatExplodes
Hobbit

I think that the Valar are quite weird.. Sitting in their high chairs, sipping tea and not doing anything, when Middle-Earth is on the edge of losing the war with Sauron. :')
(I know that the Eagles at the end of the war at the Morannon were a sign of Manwë and that they sent the Istari, etc., but still.. I think they're pretty weird. Still love them eventually. )
ASmileThatExplodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:32 PM   #48
Olmer
Elf Lord

How you can't love them when they are core of your existence?
They are the forces of nature. The nature could be weird, could be brutal and unforgiving, but can you live without air, water, soil that nurtures greens, fire that warms you?...

Last edited by Olmer : 10-16-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Olmer is offline   Reply With Quote