Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2011, 02:27 AM   #8
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
I'd definitely like to play Baru as one of the investigators. "Her" portal to Narnia is closed now, but there could be others - it might be fun to play someone from the period of Caspian 2nd who turns up in 4th Age Gondor (if that's the age we settle for).
I can see Baru as some sort of veteran, she knows personally about multi-verses - but until she meets one of the other investigators, she thought her family was the only one that such things had happened to.
Yay! And you're right, Baru's personal experience with this sort of thing may prove very useful!

Alright, so if it's okay with everyone I've decided on starting in Fourth Age rural Gondor, about twenty years after the end of the War of the Ring. If you'd like to think about character descriptions now, that'd be great. You can format it any way you like, but please make sure to include a short description of your character's appearance, personal history, and the reason they're currently in Gondor.

Like I said, this RP is going to be heavily character-focused, so if there's anything important you'd like to let me know about - an aspect of their past you'd like to explore, for example, or something you'd like them to learn during the course of the story, either include that here or PM it to me and I'll be sure to allow the opportunity to explore it. Likewise if you'd like to have a secondary character, good, evil or otherwise, who emerges from one of the rift portals.

So to start with, here's my primary character:

Rivailen is a woman in her late twenties. She has dark hair, olive skin, and tends to dress plainly and practically. She has a thin scar running diagonally along her left cheek. Rivailen was born in Dunland, just north of the river Isen. When she was a girl, her father was killed during a border skirmish with the Rohirrim, and so Rivailen grew up in her uncle's household. In her mid-teens she was betrothed to a local farmer, but shortly afterwards he fell ill and died. Her people being on the superstitious side, Rivailen was not offered another match, but was instead sent to apprentice as a healer. For several years she stayed with one of the region's elderly wise women, learning from her not only the skills of a healer, but the legends and lore of their people.

When it was judged that Rivailen was no longer an apprentice but a healer in her own right, she began to travel, visiting outlying farms and remote communities, as well as travelling further afield to gather supplies. It was for this reason that she eventually decided to make the long journey to Gondor, seeking out herbs that would not grow in the mountainous northern regions, and looking also to increase her own knowledge, being only too aware of Gondor's reputation as a place of culture and learning.

Aikanáro is offline   Reply With Quote