Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #21
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

You know, I never actually learned how to duel with Pokemon, I just collected the cards.
And many miles be still to go,
But under a tree I will lie,
And let the clouds go sailing by.

twitter
shesabrandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 10:43 PM   #22
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

I want to be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause (oooh)
I will travel across the land
Searchin' far and wide
Each Pokemon to understand
The power that's inside! (Power inside!)

Pokemon!
It's you and me.
I know it's my destiny!
Pokemon!
Ooh you're my best friend
In a world we must defend!
Pokemon!
A heart so true
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I'll teach you
Pokemon!
(Gotta catch 'em) Gotta catch 'em Gotta catch 'em all!

I have never played Pokemon or watched the [censored] TV show. And yet, I can name you at least 20 of them including evolutions, AND sing the TV show theme.

Having a nerdy boyfriend is sometimes taxing.
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:59 AM   #23
katya
Elven Maiden

I did all of it- played the games, watched the TV show, collected cards. I didn't have anyone to play against in the card game though. But I watch the TV show religiously (in fact I went to the early mass so I could stay home and watch it), and more than anything I was obsessed with the games.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:52 PM   #24
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt View Post
I want to be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause (oooh)
I will travel across the land
Searchin' far and wide
Each Pokemon to understand
The power that's inside! (Power inside!)

Pokemon!
It's you and me.
I know it's my destiny!
Pokemon!
Ooh you're my best friend
In a world we must defend!
Pokemon!
A heart so true
Our courage will pull us through
You teach me and I'll teach you
Pokemon!
(Gotta catch 'em) Gotta catch 'em Gotta catch 'em all!

I have never played Pokemon or watched the [censored] TV show. And yet, I can name you at least 20 of them including evolutions, AND sing the TV show theme.

Having a nerdy boyfriend is sometimes taxing.
Hahaha! That song brings back so many memories. I remember when the movie came out, my friend and I memorized the entire song just so that we could sing it when it came on in the movie. We were so disappointed when the song never played -.-

twitter
Old 10-30-2008, 03:13 PM   #25
Mari
Elf Lady

Wahaha, that's the funniest story!
Awww, now I feel a bit bad about laughing.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:18 PM   #26
shesabrandybuck
Hero of Hyrule

haha, I'm glad that you found it entertaining. I was in elementary school when it came out, so my friend and I would be singing the song to each other until we had it completely memorized, so being as young as we were, when we were sitting in the theater ready for the song to come on, and it never did, I just never forgot about it, I guess it struck me that hard. Wounded for life because that song never came on. hahaha, it is a rather funny story. I have another funny pokemon story too

twitter
Old 11-02-2008, 02:51 AM   #27
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Wow... I wasted much of my life on Pokemon as a kid.

Pokemon was popular 4th-6th grade for me. I would say it's peak of popularity was my 5th grade year - 1998-1999. Do kids still like it? wow. It's 10 years later now!

150 pokemon back then...(plus a couple extras like mew). Pokemom blue and red....those were the games to have and play at recess. Both exactly the same and the colors meant nothing - except there were minor differences in the pokemon in each game.

To get all 150, you had to either have both and trade with yourself or trade pokemon with friends who had the other version (via link cables).

And you could battle with friends... fun. Then yellow came out when I was in the 6th grade...pikachu followed you around. lol.

I think I was pikachu for halloween 1999 (6th grade). I looked so ridiculous - I was way too big for the costume. In my defense - it was a free costume. I won it in a contest.

I must have wasted at least 100 hours of my life on those games......... sold them all so I could never play them again..... kind of regret that now, but it worked.

Yup, played the card game too in those grades... I have a box in my closet at home with like 200+ cards.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #28
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

Wow. I collected the cards as well, but I never managed to collect all of the original 150 cards.

Plus, I have at least one game from each generation (with Gold and Silver being my apsolute favorites).

I never was that big a fan of the anime - sure, I watched it when I could, but I didn't complain when I missed an episode. And it's just getting worse and worse as the years go on.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #29
johnnyrod
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel View Post
I used to watch this show sometimes. The art is a little simplistic but I like the characters. My favourite aspect of the show is how Ash lets Pikachu just be himself. I always thought the message of acceptance was nice to see on TV.
Oh Nurv, you're turning into an old hippy... okay my turn to admit to having so many furry Pikachus I've actually lost count, though I can see 5 from here and I know there is another in the truck outside. And a talking money box that pikas when you shove pound coins into his medulla oblongata.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #30
katya
Elven Maiden

Anyone going to get Black or White? Probably not huh. I'm not, not right away at least. If anything I'll be working on playing through Sapphire and then one of the other ones so I can fill out the National Pokedex.

I've changed my mind a little bit about what kind of gym leader I would be. I think my specialty would be Psychic types because gym leaders who use all cute pokemon irritate me (i.e. Whitney). But I would still use other types too like Red and Blue do. Mew is still my favorite, and Raichuu, and my new other favorite is Abra. I don't know what it is about Abra but he is just so cute. I refuse to evolve him into Kadabra even though Abra is pretty much useless in battle. (Well, with good EV training and some TM moves like Psychic he's ok, but still weak compared to other pkmn).

[I was actually looking for a thread about sharing one certain song you're into at the moment and found this one instead, couldn't resist giving it a bump. ]