Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
EllethValatari
Elven Warrior

The Riddle Collection

I have just decided (I might be insane) to attempt to preserve all the riddles (and answers) posted in the Riddling Threads. I just went from page 1 to 22 of the 1st Riddling Thread:

http://www.entmoot.com/showthread.ph...light=Riddling

I have recovered over 20 riddles and answers, which is a very rewarding feeling considering everyone in that thread spent a lot of space chatting.

BUT I NEED HELP. I really want to have a collection of the poems, and I can't do it myself. If you want to sign up to help build the Riddle Collection, please message me or post here, and I will give you your recovery assignment. We only need 10 people for the first thread, so please reply fast! I will just give you your 10 pages, and you match the riddles to their answers and send them to me!

CALLING ALL MOOTERS!
"We have come from God, and inevitably the myths woven by us, though they contain error, will also reflect a splintered fragment of the true light, the eternal truth that is with God. Our myths may be misguided, but they steer however shakily towards the true harbour, while materialistic 'progress' leads only to a yawning abyss and the Iron Crown of the power of evil."
— J.R.R. Tolkien
EllethValatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
EllethValatari
Elven Warrior

I still need 8 people to help me complete the 1st thread. Sign up here by posting the section # you will take:

1-Pages 20-30
2-Pages 30-40
3-Pages 40-50
4-Pages 50-60
5-Pages 60-70
6-Pages 70-80
7-Pages 80-90
8-Pages 90-100

Once you decide which section you want to do, all you have to do is go through it and find all the riddles posted there, and all their answers, and then PM me. If an answer is given to a riddle not in your section, please try to find that riddle and add it to your list. Thanks for the help everyone!
"We have come from God, and inevitably the myths woven by us, though they contain error, will also reflect a splintered fragment of the true light, the eternal truth that is with God. Our myths may be misguided, but they steer however shakily towards the true harbour, while materialistic 'progress' leads only to a yawning abyss and the Iron Crown of the power of evil."
— J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 05-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
Midge
Faithful Gardener

You might do post numbers. I have the pages set to show 40 posts per page instead of twenty (that was because I decided to read all of an RPG) and that would probably be page 10-15. I'll do that section, if that's okay.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
EllethValatari
Elven Warrior

That's great! Thanks for the help! Just send me the riddles and answers once you have them! I'm thinking I might be able to make a private book for all Mooters out of these with BookSmart...it doesn't require publishing or copyrighting. Either that or a website...thanks for the help!
— J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 05-19-2010, 05:16 AM   #5
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

If you think of making a book out of it, remember you should ask and get permission of everyone who made a riddle if you want to include it. That will be a task as big enough as collecting the riddles themselves, I wager.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
Keith K
Elf Lord

I have kept a Word document of all my riddles with their answers. There are presently 173 Keith K riddles posted on Entmoot. They are found throughout all four Riddling threads.

They're sorta in order, but not precisely. If you think that will help you, let me know.
Keith K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #7
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Ooh.. that's nice. A relic I found while going through the old riddling thread was the *apparently* infamous HINT ALARM [psycho theme /]. I don't understand why you'd need an annoying alarm to go off when you gave hints. It made more sense to me to have one go off when people NEEDED hints.

Here it is! *holds out precious and delicate HINT ALARM carefully and using both hands* That's 'Moot history, it is!
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Midge is offline   Reply With Quote