Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-16-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I agree that Imladris and Rivendell are probably both in use by this time. I'm going to have Glor stick to using Imladris, though, it just sounds better to me.

Also, are we planning to have the two groups head out at about the same time and meet on the road, or will the group from Mithlond head first to Imladris and pick up the rest of the characters there?
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #2
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran View Post
I agree that Imladris and Rivendell are probably both in use by this time. I'm going to have Glor stick to using Imladris, though, it just sounds better to me.
He's just (for some reason) more consistent in his use of Sindarin than Rameldir. A matter of personal preference, I guess. Rameldir isn't very consistent when it comes to names. I believe he speaks Sindarin with most of his fellow Elves, though. And Quenya, when he gets a chance, which isn't very often.

Quote:
Also, are we planning to have the two groups head out at about the same time and meet on the road, or will the group from Mithlond head first to Imladris and pick up the rest of the characters there?
I would like the group from Mithlond to arrive at Rivendell before Rameldir and Ainon have left - and then have them want to travel together. Rameldir has probably sent a message to Calimon, and is waiting for his answer.

I would also like the group from Mithlond to give Elrond some input for his plans for Rivendell.

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Varnafindë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 07:13 PM   #3
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
I would like the group from Mithlond to arrive at Rivendell before Rameldir and Ainon have left - and then have them want to travel together. Rameldir has probably sent a message to Calimon, and is waiting for his answer.
Shiny!
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:23 AM   #4
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Thank you, I feel more sure now to use those names.

As for the Mithlond group getting to Rivendell, I would indeed like my characters to do more there than just passing through, which is why I suggested having Rivendell in construction so there was something to do. I haven't worked out what exactly I want them to do there, but getting involved in some way in the planning/construction sounds sofar the most interesting.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
As for the Mithlond group getting to Rivendell, I would indeed like my characters to do more there than just passing through, which is why I suggested having Rivendell in construction so there was something to do. I haven't worked out what exactly I want them to do there, but getting involved in some way in the planning/construction sounds sofar the most interesting.
That's where we have the first chance of a philosophical discussion of what was lost at the Fall of Gondolin, I suppose.
And what can be regained with the construction of Rivendell.

Realistically, not much, I guess but it will make a lovely discussion and a chance for participation from the newcomers with those drawings that Elrond is working on.

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Varnafindë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:36 PM   #6
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Posted.

RÃ*an, if you'd like, that's your queue for Alariel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran View Post
I really like the use of music you and Earniel have going, the auditory sense is too often under-used in description and it adds a lot here.
Music and Elves go well together. Unfortunately I have not no musical skill whatsoever, I can hesitantly read notes but that's it. So Hallindel's music is sheer improvising and hoping it won't show too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varnafindë View Post
Realistically, not much, I guess but it will make a lovely discussion and a chance for participation from the newcomers with those drawings that Elrond is working on.
Indeed. The idea of the Hall of Fire should come up, I think. It's quite a distinguished feature of Rivendell and since that's the place when songs and tales of old get told, that'd be a good hook for discussion about 'rebuilding' something of Gondolin.