Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > C.S. Lewis
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-17-2008, 03:50 AM   #1
Amael
Elven Warrior

I went to see it yesterday and it was quite good!! They got some of the stuff wrong if compared to the book, but itt stands well on its own. The ending scene just seemed a little, well, rushed. 'Well we are victorious yet again, let's leave our friends and live in a boring world that is not full of magic.' They had to leave and everything but it just seemed so quick. I was thinking the whole time, if I were there, I'd choose to stay. Where else do you have a lion as a best friend? But the movie was pretty good.
Amael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #2
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

Now that I've simmered down, I'll say that I have a higher opinion of it as a movie than I did before. It just could have been so much better, as a movie and as an adaption...

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #3
Nautipus
Kraken King

It seemed to me they tried to "pop-culture" it up a little bit, especially at the end with th you know what and that idiotic song. Overall, though, I rate it pretty high, but not as good as the first one, definately.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #4
inked
Elf Lord

tolkienfan, your criticisms are apt.

I was very disappointed.

It is a movie and therefore not the book. But this is sooooooo NNNOOOTTT the book.

I will have to re- view it with the cathartic purgations induced by the first viewing before I can further comment. But I will say I am vastly disappointed in the Director Adamson and Douglas Gresham. The script "writers" should be sent to remedial reading classes or vats of boiling oil, I have not yet decided which...
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #5
ayra
Elven Warrior

Location: Kalia. YOU HUMANS CAN'T GO THERE! Also land of boredom
I agree with tolkienfan. I not only saw it friday, i also saw it sunday. If i had not expected it to be like the book, i'd of liked it very much. even so, i still do. I guess i just have to call it not a part of the Narnia series. Really good movie, not a good series-continuer.

US KALIANS WILL RULE THOSE FROM THE REPUBLIC!

Kalia rocks!
ayra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:03 AM   #6
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amael View Post
I went to see it yesterday and it was quite good!! They got some of the stuff wrong if compared to the book, but itt stands well on its own. The ending scene just seemed a little, well, rushed. 'Well we are victorious yet again, let's leave our friends and live in a boring world that is not full of magic.' They had to leave and everything but it just seemed so quick. I was thinking the whole time, if I were there, I'd choose to stay. Where else do you have a lion as a best friend? But the movie was pretty good.
Yea I liked it too, Amy, but it's obvious that there were a number of flaws. Watching it with you made it quite worth it though, so I could easily over-look the problems with it. It's not always what you're doing, it is usually who you're with.

Want a movie series with an obvious number of problems (like 500), try the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. It was great too, no doubt, but GOD, did they screw so much of it up.

Next movie based on a popular book series should have a disclaimer like "the events outlined in this motion picture do not necessarily reflect the actual events of the books on which it was based." Then it may just be a slight bit easier to 'inhale'. Food for thought though.