Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-20-2007, 06:40 AM   #1
elvensmith
Sapling

Make up the coolest character!

Im not sure if my title is sufficent, but makeing up LotR characters is SUPER fun....
elvensmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 06:44 AM   #2
YayGollum
Enting

Location: A place called Fort Myers. In the evil state of Florida, a part of the United States Of America, of North America, Earth, Sol system.
I agree. Check this out. ---> http://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?t=14419

- Myself
YayGollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
elvensmith
Sapling

Character Evenlirn

Evenlirn
Female/ Lorien

A slender and tall elf, with black long hair, threaded with gold, and braided back from her face to fall on her shoulders. Her skin is a pure tan tone, and many say she is very fair to look upon, almost as the Lady of the Wood. She has a bright smile and high cheek bones... which contribute to her ethereal beauty that so many claim to have seen. She is of Lorian, but , in her long life, has lived in Rohan after she fell in love with a man who disapeared and died near Lorian. In Rohan, she serves the king when she goes to rivendell and joins the Company. Boromir and Legolas fall in love with her, but she only returns it to Legolas... after saving him from the borders of death and beating off a pack of strange creatures while the rest of the Company was forced to hide. when the Company parts, she goes with Merry and Pippin but joins with Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn at Isengard for the rest of the journey.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
elvensmith
Sapling

"It was only a feeble blow and the cap turned it. It would take more than such an orc-scratch to keep me back"

Last edited by elvensmith : 10-20-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:05 PM   #5
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Hm, not sure where to put this... But it doesn't below in LoTR Movies, though.
I'm moving it to the Writer's Workshop, as that seems best suited.

By the way, welcome to the Entmoot, elvensmith.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:20 AM   #6
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Ah, very fun...well, I may as well post the accumulated profile of my LOTR Plaza persona...

~~~

Name: Curubethion

Race: Human (Gondorian)

Gear: Leather armor, a longbow and a quiver with arrows, a shortsword

Personality: Usually distant, scared of engaging in friendship, and at times brooding. Intense and passionate, when his emotion is pulled from deep within the layers of hiding.

History: He was born in the Westfold, and his mother died after his birth. Curubethion's father took his mother back up north to her homeland for her burial, a feat which earned the man much renown among the villagers. Curubethion grew up with his father and two siblings, Alar (brother) and Irla (sister). He learned how to horseride and use a short-bow and an axe.

When he was only a boy, Dunlendings attacked his village, and he ran, leaving his family, trying to save his own life. This comes back and continues to haunt him; he believes that he was a coward, and he beats himself up inside about this.

Curubethion fled north, and almost was killed by evil creatures on the South Downs, near the Old Forest. A Dúnedain named Senelion saved him, and took him under his wing. Senelion taught him healing craft, and how to use a longbow, and how to fight with a shortsword. After a time, Curubethion realized that it was time to return back to his homeland, and he did.

He entered the Riders of Rohan, and fought in the War of the Ring. Curubethion then grew to love a woman of the Rohir...but sadness overshadowed this. Another, a rival, also loved her and grew jealous...one night, then, the rival, filled with anger and hatred, attacked the woman, and Curubethion shot him with an arrow. The rival was slowly bleeding, and unable to defend himself. Curubethion, in a fit of passionate rage, slew him as he lay there, when he saw that his love was dead.

He then fled the Riddermark, knowing that he would be banished for unlawful killing. Curubethion came down to Gondor, seeking personal refuge. He entered the service of the Rangers, and kept to himself.

That was until one fateful evening, when he attended a ball held in honor of the King and Queen. It was there that he truly met Pele Alarion, a swordfighter of the Rangers. She stirred something within his heart, something which he feared and tried to smother, because he remembered what had happened when his passion had been unleashed before, that night of death. He danced with her once, and then removed himself from the dance.

Curubethion and Pele met up again, on a ship that sailed from Minas Tirith. This time, she revealed her affection for him by secretly inviting him on board, and then suddenly blurting out her motives, leaving the ship in emotional turmoil. Curubethion found her, and talked with her. He partially explained himself, and the two agreed to a simple friendship, although something more has always been in Curubethion's mind.

Currently, Curubethion has just left Minas Tirith for an as-yet unknown reason, leaving only a notice with the Rangers and with Pele.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 02:52 AM   #7
elven dragonrider
Elven Warrior

Location: Confusion Lane, on the back of a dragon, or on horseback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvensmith
Evenlirn
Female/ Lorien

A slender and tall elf, with black long hair, threaded with gold, and braided back from her face to fall on her shoulders. Her skin is a pure tan tone, and many say she is very fair to look upon, almost as the Lady of the Wood. She has a bright smile and high cheek bones... which contribute to her ethereal beauty that so many claim to have seen.
Sounds like me. Hahahaaa

Edgar Alan Poe and Oscar Wilde rock. They are actually better than rocks.
Beautiful Soup
and A Tomato Ate My Sister are the most educational and intellectual songs ever created, challenging the scholarly power of the great philosophers.

On TB's sig, Don't worry about the world ending today, tomorrow, or next week, just worry about it ending now.
elven dragonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:55 AM   #8
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Welxcome to the entmoot elvensmith

Anwacurufinwe, "true" curufinwe; Feanor as he should have been. Anwacurufinwe, called Anwa by his father the high king Celebrimbor. Elrond was the first to call him Feanor (his brother Maedhros was the second - an incident of note).

Artificer like his father and grandfather and great grandfather - maker of the sword of fire - the greatest warrior at need, greatest healer, a legendary poet, he was nicknamed the wise, tallest and the happy one.

The high Prince and Lord of Eregion, the first sword against Sauron, herald of the high king Celebrimbor the bearer of the rings of power and the *silmaril crown, called the light of the eldar in middle earth.

*In the making of the sword of fire - called Naro in high elvish - harnessing the very core of the earth, deep underground, the silmaril that maglor cast into the chasm was found (or it found him) by Anwacurufinwe. He then had 2 task instead of one. After the forging of the sword of fire (inwhich he recreated the indestructable material the silmarili were created with) he set out to make a crown for the silmaril.

Upon his return (he was gone for 97 years during the forging) he presented his father with the silmaril crown. This day was for ever after a elvish holiday called the "return of light."

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 12:12 PM   #9
elvensmith
Sapling

Glad u all like the thread. By the way Earniel, ur stuff about woman role is against my belief... but ill discuss that on that thread. Only problem is that all the stuff is exstensive in length, so its hard for evryone to read.
PHP Code:
It was only a feeble blow andthe cap turned itIt would take more than such an orc-scratch to keep me back 

Last edited by elvensmith : 10-21-2007 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:54 PM   #10
Star
Hobbit

??? Does no one listen? What about Star Misaki, Daimond Bolger, And Sapphire Bolger, Daimonds twin sister? DOES NO ONE LISTEN TO ME ANYMORE?!
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:57 PM   #11
Black Numenorean
Hobbit

Name: Alonowe

Sex: Female

Race: Elf

Time: Late Second Age

Background: Unknown descendant of the house of Finwe. Her parents were killed when she was not even a year old by the sinking of the north following the fall of Numenor, and she was adopted by the Imladris of Rivendell. There she lived until she left on one of the last ships to the undying lands.

Note: Basic stuff, I do not know how accurate it is as far as history.

Yutin tarwenwe pisi epion Arhdfaes.....

Last edited by Black Numenorean : 10-25-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Black Numenorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:26 PM   #12
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Read my rgp profiles. The she elf is pretty much the character I created, although the history varies

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:57 PM   #13
eternallife
Sapling

Heres one

Name: ecorlin
race:elf
description: clear blue eyes, muscles well defined,metalic blue hair,
history:
Legolas's only son, he is an outcast among elves after killing the daughter of the lord elronds only son, he lived near gondor selling his services to any who wis to hire a banished elf, after a while of selling his services he grew tired of it and deemed ton join the rangers, who though knowing that he was banished let hi join the ranks of the swordsmen,
After ten years of being in the rangers he decided to leave and go to the mountains and slay the great spider, sadly after fighting the spider for hours he recieved a fatal wound, however before dying he was able to make it back to gondor begging the first man he saw to return him to his homeland for burial.
His request was not granted, because as he grew weaker and was near his death bed a man went to him and placing his hand on his forehead prevented him from death, ecorlin was doomed to live with the memory of the murder of elronds only son for the rest of his eternal life, going tio elrond he begged him for forgivness, after a while elrond finds it in him to forgive him, soon after ecorlin was killed in the war of the ring.
eternallife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #14
Earniel

Except that Elrond had two sons and neither of them were dead before the War of the Ring?

Welcome to the Entmoot, by the way.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:18 PM   #15
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Except that Elrond had two sons and neither of them were dead before the War of the Ring?

Welcome to the Entmoot, by the way.
I think I am to blame for this trend in this thread Earniel to rewrite ME history with my wishful alternate history post ealier in the thread. Just fulfilling a dream I have always had of how i would have liked the house of Feanor to rise again to their rightful place of honor.

I would also like to say welcome eternallife.

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Last edited by The Telcontarion : 11-30-2007 at 09:20 PM.
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #16
Earniel

Well darn, I completely forgot about the possibility of alternate history. Silly me.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #17
elvensmith
Sapling

Do you like pizza?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvensmith
"It was only a feeble blow and the cap turned it. It would take more than such an orc-scratch to keep me back"
U know, i think people should spell check because it spoils Book Quotes... but, im only an elvensmith and not yet have i caught up with the modern world... ha aha
Old 12-05-2007, 05:35 PM   #18
elvensmith
Sapling

His name is Ishnel. Does anyone like Tamora Pierce, the GREAT author?

http://tamorapierce.comDo you like pizza?

Last edited by elvensmith : 12-05-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:33 PM   #19
Nautipus
Kraken King

I cant say that I've ever heard of that author.
Welcome to the Moot.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #20
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Tamora Pierce of Pullman, Paolini, Pierce

I was just about to go and ask if anyone had read her stuff.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote