Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-11-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
Black Numenorean
Hobbit

Artemis Fowl

One of my most favorite new series (relatively new), about a genius boy and his interactions with the faries underground. Colfer's imagination seems to never end, imagining everything from whole languages to computer codes to other dimensions, the books constantly entertain me.

My favorite characters are Butler, Artemis (of course), Holly, and Foaly. I am currently reading the Lost Colony, the latest book. My favorite books are probably the second and third books. I loved the part of the third book when they break into Jon Spiro's building to recover the cube.

I hear that there is a new graphic novel coming out, but it looks fairly mainstream and kiddish. I will buy it of course, but I hope it does not ruin how I imagined the book. I was too lazy to check if there was already a thread on this, but I though I should make one anyway.

Cheers
Black Numenorean
Black Numenorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

I've read 4 books, is that all? The three first I read some years ago, and found them highly entartaining. The part in book 3 you talked about for example. But the last book I read this year, and I noticed that I've grown some since I started on the series, so it wasn't that good But I liked them alot when I was younger!
Old 10-12-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
D.Sullivan
Elven Warrior

I've read them all, and though I wouldn't say they're great literature, I'd say they're a mighty fine read. I laughed with delight at some of the things that happen in the most recent book.

I may feel a little young to read them, but I don't care. Good stuff.

P.S. The graphic novel doesn't look too bad, from what I know of graphic novels. Looks like they're going to stay pretty close to the book. They're were even using some of the same dialogue.

Last edited by D.Sullivan : 10-12-2007 at 03:21 PM.
D.Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:49 AM   #4
Mari
Elf Lady

I thought it is an interesting series. Most people wouldn't think of faeries being high-tech and living underground. But I most admit, it has been some years since I've read them and I haven't read the newest book yet.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote