Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-14-2006, 08:54 AM   #41
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

I still think it was only 9-3/4 to make it fun and quirky and wizardy, rather than deeply symbolic math stuff... given how bad JK claims to be at Math, you know. Of course the seven thing is a bit suggestive...

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Serenoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:58 AM   #42
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

exactly. but do you want to move onto another question?
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:10 AM   #43
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

If Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle had been pleasant to Harry and Ron and asked to share their compartment, do you think the five of them might have become friends? (Though, it was destiny that they did not since Draco is a git.)

Do you guys think it's Draco's fault he's a git? IMO, he can't help it if he's spoiled rotton and his father is a morally bankrupt dark wizard. However, I do think he has to take responsibility for his actions. What do you guys think?

I don't want my thread to die just yet.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:25 AM   #44
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

I dont think so. I mean, eventually Draco would say something about Mudbloods, or be nasty about Hagrid... and I really can't see a Malfoy and a Weasley hobnobbing, look at how their fathers quarrel! They'd be at each other before long, no matter how pleasant Draco and Co. were initially.

Last edited by Serenoli : 09-17-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:38 AM   #45
jammi567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Do you guys think it's Draco's fault he's a git? IMO, he can't help it if he's spoiled rotton and his father is a morally bankrupt dark wizard. However, I do think he has to take responsibility for his actions. What do you guys think?

I don't want my thread to die just yet.
Ummmmm "morally bankrupt"?

And don't worry about that. The longest thread of this type is chapter 3, where me and durinsbane talked about letters, postmen, ron, hermione, dumbledore.......etc.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:29 AM   #46
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I won't worry about thread death then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
I dont think so. I mean, eventually Draco would say something about Mudbloods, or be nasty about Hagrid... and I really can't see a Malfoy and a Weasley hobnobbing, look at how their fathers quarrel! They'd be at each other before long, no matter how pleasant Draco and Co. were eventually.
Yeah, I know, Draco has a huge amount of git-ness to overcome.

But... don't we find out later that Lucius wanted Draco to be friends with Harry so they would look less Dark Wizard-y? What if Draco thought, "Hm... how does one go about making friends with someone who doesn't hate Mudbloods, determine self-worth by pocket money, or care how old one's furniture is?"

And then proceed to bite his tongue about disparaging comments towards Ron.

Though Ron wouldn't have bit his tongue, and then it would all go downhill anyway.

Yeah, the possibility of that friendship was killed before either kid was even born.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 09-17-2006, 07:41 AM   #47
Serenoli

Quote:
2. Harry places a lot of trust in Mrs. Weasley. He takes her at her word when she tells him to run headlong into a solid brick column. Discuss Harry’s ability to place his trust in the right people, at the right time.
Well, how about trusting Hagrid when he found out he was a wizard, instead of telling him he was mental?

Old 09-17-2006, 05:44 PM   #48
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
Well, how about trusting Hagrid when he found out he was a wizard, instead of telling him he was mental?
Haa. See, trusts the right people.

Hagrid did put a tail on Dudley, so Harry could see that magic was real. Plus all those weird things that happened when he was a kid, like growing his hair back, finding himself on the school roof, and letting the (magically winking) boa constrictor out of its cage, all started to make a bit more sense at this point.
Quote:
Old 09-18-2006, 05:37 AM   #49
jammi567

Nurvingiel, what do you mean "morally bankrupt" in post 43?

Old 09-19-2006, 01:00 AM   #50
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I mean, they have defective moral conduct. They lack morals.
edit: they lack good morals, eg. ones that I agree with. ( )

They treat other human beings, namely Harry, horribly, that a decent person would never do. Behavious of morally bankrupt people include, but are not limited to, verbal and emotional abuse, and forcing a child to sleep in a broom closet.
Quote:
Old 09-19-2006, 06:20 AM   #51
Serenoli

What a complete definition, Nurv!

BTW, Jammi, please put the link to this thread in the first page of the Main HP discussion thread. I noticed its missing.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:54 AM   #52
jammi567

Thanks for reminding me. it's done now.