Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 11:46 PM   #201
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow felt the fiery energy from Elnar with a sharp sense of relief. She needed the help. Alatariel had already recovered from the blow she'd received and immediately swung her sword at her enemy. Willow ducked the blow, tackling the woman to the ground.

"Give up, Finduilas!" she hissed, shoving her knee into Willow's stomach. Quick and agile, she threw her attacker over her head, twisting her wrists till she heard her scream. She snickered.

"Daughter of slugs," Willow shouted then sank her teeth into Alatriel's wrist.
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Love is madness of the very best sort.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:53 AM   #202
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Strider

Curmaar felt the air rush past him, as he fell downwards. Farther down...until he hit-the icy skin of the icedrake! He held on with the grip of a man facing death. His bow had been dropped somewhere; he held his sword in one hand. He could not use it, though, because he was holding onto the dragon with both hands.
~~~~~
The Assassin began to rose, and he looked around. As he raised his sword, he saw a woman and a man rush towards him. The man was of the Riddermark-Eomer, he knew. And the woman...

Growling, he spat into the ground. And he called for his goblins. He prepared to dodge the initial blows that they would aim at him.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 03-12-2006, 12:17 AM   #203
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow escaped from Alatariel only to catch sight of Curmaar dangling from the Icedrake. Her fingertips seemed to itch as her heartbeat tripled its pace.

"Curmaar!" she shouted, barreling into the Icedrake. She felt a layer of frost cover her skin but she continued to climb. The ice dragon roared its fury. It twisted and shook, desperate to rid himself of unwelcome passengers.

"Willow, get down from here!" he shouted back. She glared at him for a moment, then gripped both his wrists.

"I can handle myself. But what of you?" Willow didn't wait for him to answer. "Bragol thalion," she whispered. Curmaar felt something enter him, too powerful and frightening to describe.

"Willow," he gasped.

"Vara tel' Seldarine," she continued. Her power fled from her and she stayed still only because Curmaar held her. Willow smiled weakly at him. "Do me a favor," she told him. "Put your sword through Alatariel's head." Willow closed her eyes and passed out.

*strength
*protection
Real love is a mixture of pleasure, pain and a soul-deep happiness that blasts any complaints out of the water. When you're in love, his voice makes you smile and his laughter warms your heart. And when he weeps, you feel yourself dying in each fallen tear.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:46 PM   #204
Curubethion

Strider

Curmaar watched her in disbelief. She had been so strong...

She still lives! he told himself.

He pulled her onto the Icedrake, and held her on tight as it swept downwards. She was a deadweight now, pulling him down. He spotted Elnar trying to follow them.

"Elnar!" he shouted. "Catch her!"

As the eagle flew closer, he pushed Lady Willow in the general direction of it. He didn't have time to see if Elnar had succeeded. The Icedrake jolted, and he swung himself onto its neck. He was riding it now, but that was the least of his worries.

"So," a voice taunted, "I defeat the child and now I face the infant."

He turned around. Alateriel had vaulted onto the drake.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 03-13-2006, 04:48 PM   #205
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Elnar caught Willow.
"Take care of her," he wispered to the eagle. He lept onto the Icedrake, grabbing Alateriel from behind.
"Do what you have to do! I'll worry about her!" he called.
Heat began to envolop them.

Acalewia saw Eomer charging.
"Watch yourself, Rider!" she prepared herself for anything the Assasin had up his sleeve.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera

Last edited by Acalewia : 03-13-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:48 AM   #206
Curubethion

Strider

"You severly overestimate your strength, pitiful immortal. You shall learn what it is to die," taunted Alateriel.

She grabbed hold of Elnar, and brought his face next to hers. The elf felt his body almost totally collapse...she grinned.

"NO!" screamed the Southron, leaping onto both of them.

He felt her release her grip on him, and he began to fall. His blade, swinging out, caught something that she had conjured into being. A green blade, sickly and sharp, crafted from some arcane magic. Curmaar tried to stabilize himself, and he called out.

Eru, help me! Save me!

Narya blazed, and Curmaar felt his feet grip the Icedrake. It roared, but could not throw him. Elnar grabbed ahold of the creature, using all of his strength.
~~~~~~
The Assassin whistled, and his orcs came. They prepared to overwhelm the attackers. Meanwhile, the cloaked figure whipped his arms, and throwing-knives appeared in his hands. He prepared to throw, one at the mount of each warrior.

He hurled the knives.
~~~~~~
Morluin did not care that the townspeople backed away from him, no longer sure of their side. He had one thing he had to do. The sorceror glared at Alatar, and lifted his staff. A pale blue light began to surround it, and he chanted in a low tone. An ancient spell...a Morgul-spell.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:09 AM   #207
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Willow dreamed.

She dreamed of evil wizards with dark intent.

She dreamed of a killer who threatened her new-found friends.

She dreamed of her ancient enemy, threatening the destruction of Middle Earth.

She dreamed Aragorn, her only love, was in danger.

Her eyes opened slowly and they glowed bright silver.

Willow dreamed no more.

Old 03-17-2006, 01:56 PM   #208
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

The eagle felt ancient strength pulsing in his grasp and he immediately released his hold on Willow. She tumbled through the air for a few moments before landing neatly on the Icedrake.

"Alatariel," she thundered. Curmaar stared at her in shock. Her voice had changed. No longer sweet and slightly mournful, it was deeper now and seemed capable of making the earth bow in respect.

Alatariel was less than impressed. "So, the dance has tired you. Let us finish what we started three thousand years ago." A ribbon of black smoke wound around her body as she seemed to collapse into herself. Then the shape grew and grew till it stood ten feet high. It bore leathery black wings, a jagged sword engraved with ancient spells. Alatariel was no longer hiding what she was.

No demon had ever been more hideous in its hatred and power.

Willow looked upon her without a trace of fear. Instead, she herself changed. Light shielded her from mortal eyes as her human body became something far more powerful. She was taller than Alatariel, her silver-dusted wings longer and the sword she bore was smooth, sharp and deadly.

Her now silvery eyes glowed with the same light now embedded in her flesh. "Come, Alatariel. Test my blade with yours and we'll see whose steel has aged for the better."

Old 03-17-2006, 02:34 PM   #209
Acalewia

Acalewia's horse screamed and fell. The shock of the fall caused pain to shoot through her injured side. She staggered up as the orcs rushed her. Acalewia raised her sword.
"ELENDIL!" She screamed.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 03-19-2006, 10:34 PM   #210
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

soon only the two istari were left in the square staring at one another their eyes like testing each other like fencers

"come back Pollandro, you can still come back we could sail west as brothers and even yet the valar would forgive..."

"pah" morluin spit back "you do not know me if you think I could be forgiven, long dark paths did I trod in my quest for power, paths of no return, you will die my old confidante, Pilin en' templa arrows of flame flew like a flight of birds toward Alatar

"'Kshonna, wanya" and the arrows exploded in thick black smoke that hid them from view of anyone watching...
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:58 PM   #211
Lady Willow Rose
Elf Lord

Alatariel rammed Willow, clawing and biting. She shifted and flung the demon over her shoulder. While Alatariel hit a tree at break-neck speed, Willow was upon her again.

"Don't move." Her blade's tip scraped the enemy's neck. Alatariel stared up at her, then smiled bitterly.

"It's funny how life works out. Only an accident of birth has you standing over me in triumph, sister dearest. It could just as easily have been you who were damned to darkness." Willow looked into her sister's eyes and sighed deeply.

"I know, Alatariel. I know."

Old 03-20-2006, 02:10 PM   #212
Curubethion

Strider

The Assassin grinned, and he lifted his blade. With the experience of years, he swung it directly at Acalewia. The malice had not been at all abated. He laughed as the blade whipped at her, ready to kill. She would soon die.
~~~~~~
Curmaar felt an icy pain fill him, and he screamed out loud. He felt his ring...growing hotter...intense...filling him with an agonizing pain...and a strength.

The Shadow will not stand before me! he shouted.

The Darkness will not avail you! shouted a voice in his head.

Narya blazed again.

"Elnar!" shouted the Southron. "Get off, now!"
Old 03-20-2006, 06:25 PM   #213
Acalewia

Elnar nodded.
"You will need this!" he said as he tossed one of his elvish knives to Cumaar, the blade white-hot. Then he released his grip on the Icedrake and fell.

The blade hit Acalewia in the chest, but instead of killing her it bounced off her mithril tunic. She laughed. Eomer and Faramir joined her and together they attacked.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:01 PM   #214
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

when the oily smoke cleared the Istari had cast aside ranged spells and were using their staffs as quarterstaffs with flame upon the ends, the blue flames would cross and either turn white or black, so that it became an interlaced pattern and moved with them; again cloaking their movements.

as they both wearied they paused and the smoke cleared slightly Morluin could feel his plans crumbling the Ice drake was weakening the Asassin was not conquering and he himself was being tried very hard indeed. with a twirl of his staff he sent a jet of blue flame towards Alatar only to have it turn to ice between them 'darkness' thought Morluin 'all that is left is darkness' he looked up and his eyes met Alatar's for the last time and in them he saw the evil trick that had been played upon him the spirit Morgoth's promise of great power versus the greatness of valar shown through his friend with a last show of strength he strided in staff twirling, flame licking all about him and he saw only Alatar brandish his staff and then a long blue flash and then nothing.

" there passes Pollandro of the Istari"
said Alatar sadly "let us go our friends may have need of our help"
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:36 PM   #215
Curubethion

Strider

The Assassin whirled, using the skills of years to block and counter the slashes and thrusts that rained down upon him. Block, counter-thrust, parry, reeling back, feeling a blow land on him.

But he held his ground. Even the three warriors could not best his South-honed skill totally. And even around them the goblins swarmed.
~~~~~~~~
"You have not beaten me yet," whispered Alateriel, whipping her mouth into a snarl.

The mighty being that stood over her replied, "Give it up, sister. You have been defeated. If you move, this blade will slit your throat."

"I will return, and wreak havoc on all of Middle-Earth!"

"There is no road onwards from the gates of Angbad. Turn, now, and come back!"
~~~~~~~~
Curmaar held on. He felt the blade in his hand glow. The Icedrake screamed as it swooped down...down...and up...burning all over...

But a core of evil still lived on in it. Screaming winds tore at the Southron, ripping at his skin, prying at him...trying to fling him off. The man closed his eyes, and called on Eru again. Narya blazed with a heat greater than before!

YOU SHALL NOT LIVE ANY LONGER!!! GO TO THE VOID AND NEVER RETURN TO MIDDLE-EARTH AGAIN!!

The heat seared Curmaar, like the stabbing of a thousand knives.

The Icedrake roared. The fire licked around it in waves. The cold inside burned Curmaar.

The wind beat past, like arrows on the wind. Piercing his skin.

OLORIN!!!!

Curmaar stabbed with Elnar's blade! It tore into the Icedrake, screeching away in a withering hiss. The hilt melted as the blade plunged into the monster.

Screaming, the Icedrake plunged onwards.
~~~~~~~~
Alatar stopped, and looked at the sky. A fiery streak seared towards them. It shone with the light of a thousand beacons. The wizard opened his eyes wider.

Well done, Mithrandir.
~~~~~~~~
Curmaar felt the heat rising as the beast plummeted. He gripped, holding on to stay alive...but he knew-it was an end. It hurtled downwards, flame surrounding it. The Southron felt the heat envelop him, and he smiled.

Thank you, he whispered, as peace filled his soul. Vengeance is dead. I am alive.

The flame overtook him.
~~~~~~~~~
Screaming, Alateriel grabbed the blade that Willow held. In one swift motion, the demon drove it into her own bosom. She heaved it ferociously into her black heart. A shrieking wind surrounded her, and then...all was silent.
~~~~~~~~~
The Assassin paused. He felt It. Like the loss of something...like he had stopped breathing. And with him stopped the entire army. He barely felt the three blades that hit him at the same time.

"For Gondor!" shouted Acalewia, springing over Nahor's dead body. The three warriors whirled through the stricken goblin army, raining death and terror on them.
~~~~~~~~~
Lady Willow stopped, looking at the body of her sister. It melted into the ground even as she gazed. The being turned, and a tear began to form in her eye.

Not for the enemy that had slain itself. But for the sister she had lost to the shadow.

Middle-Earth was safe. Lady Willow wept, and she faded back into the form she had taken when she first arrived. A woman, seemingly frail. Her task, for now, was finished.
~~~~~~~~~
Alatar watched the flaming ball of energy smash through a wooden house of Bree and stop in a street. When he got there, there was no trace of anything. Except for the body of a Southron, lying still in the street. The Istar hastened over too it, but there was no more life left in it. The body's face had a strange smile on it. Whoever it was had died in peace. And slain the Icedrake.

Eru favor your soul, Dragonslayer, Alatar breathed.
~~~~~~~~~
Acalewia watched the goblin armies running from the field. Everywhere, warriors of Gondor and Rohirrim chased them in all directions. Smoke rose from the field of battle, mingling with dust thrown up by the routing hordes. She smiled, standing at a parapet with Faramir and Eomer.

"The battle is over," said the King of the Riddermark.

Faramir murmured to himself, "The Assassin's Shadow is ended."

-THE END-

Last edited by Curubethion : 03-22-2006 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:32 PM   #216
Curubethion

Strider Epilogue

Lady Willow's voice drifted high into the sky, as she sang an elvish lament. She stood in Rath Dinien, at the fore of the procession. The white stone felt cold under her feet, and the wind blew coolly before her. Behind her, seven men carried the litter with Curmaar's body on it. The moon shone pale over them all.

As they slowly walked down the Silent Street, they were followed by others: Elnar, Faramir and his sons, Acalewia, Alatar and some rangers, Gimli, Makoin...and at the fore was King Elessar. As they came within sight of the doors of the Hallows, the crowd stopped, and the eight people entered alone, bearing Curmaar with them. Their steps rang hollowly on the stone floor, and they seemed to glide over to an alcove inside the house.

"Cormamin niuve tenna' ta elea lle au'," she whispered as the litter was lowered onto a shelf. "My heart shall weep until it sees thee again."

Curmaar's eyes were closed in a peaceful sleep; his hands were folded across his chest. The procession left the building, slowly, led by Lady Willow.
~~~~~~~
Alatar sat at the table. Hluor and the other rangers were with him, as were the dwarves. Slowly, the Istar rose, as Acalewia and Faramir's sons appeared. He held his staff, and looked around at all of them.

"The threat is ended," he told them. "Gondor is safe."

"Now what will we do?" asked Curamir. "And will you leave us?"

Alatar laughed, and answered, "No, not yet. I am planning to stay here. I will go to visit some friends to the north in a couple of months: Elnar and Lady Willow, who have gone to Rivendell. As for the rest of you?"

"We also go north, but sooner," said Hluor.

Gimli told the Istar, "I will go and visit my kin in Erebor. I've had quite enough orc-hewing for now, thank you! Even a dwarf can get weary of it."

"And of course," Acalewia said, "I will go with the men of Osgiliath."

Alatar nodded, and replied, "Good. There is one task, however. Curmaar was not one of us, but a man of the Haradrim. Even though his family is dead, he deserves to lie at rest in his fatherland. I will need a hero or two to carry his body to Harad for burial. So the work is not finished-but most of it is."

He turned to the window, feeling the ring of Narya on his finger. He whispered, "The shadow is gone, for now."
~~~~~~
And thus it was that Nahor the Assassin, Alateriel the demon-child, and Morluin the traitor were defeated, and the lands of Middle-Earth spared from darkness. The heros left, one by one, for their homes, save for the small fellowship that carried out one last gift for Curmaar their friend.
Closed Thread