Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 04:22 PM   #41
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Thanx for the suggestions, Gordis and Rian. I've searched and come up with two possibilities, and I'm undecided between them and the second Hamlet that Gordis gave. Why don't you guys just chose the one that looks most like him, and put it up?

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...oli/arthas.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...i/822b504a.jpg

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 03-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #42
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Serenoli, thanks for the links. I like your first one, but it portrays Tolvadok as a nazgul, but hardly Girithron the Tharbad scholar.

The second one is technically difficult - there is only a section of the face, there is a lot to add to put him in the poster. Too much work.

What say you if we take my second Hamlet and add him shoulder length blonde hair?
Old 03-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #43
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

No problem. I admit I was hesitating about those two for exactly the same reasons you mentioned... the first one too evil, the second one very difficult to work with. Which is why I posted them both for you to see...

Take your pick of Hamlet or Nazgul. BTW, Hamlet's hair looks fine... is blond, and flying about, looks long enough. Effect would be spoiled by extra hair, methinks.

Old 03-01-2006, 05:37 PM   #44
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
Take your pick of Hamlet or Nazgul. BTW, Hamlet's hair looks fine... is blond, and flying about, looks long enough. Effect would be spoiled by extra hair, methinks.
OK, Then Hamlet you will be, with no hair alterations. This color pic is much easier to work with than the drawing and it will look better.

Now, please, look for Jas! I want our darling Jas there!
Old 03-01-2006, 05:42 PM   #45
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I think I have found the Chancellor.
What say you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ML.jpg (8.1 KB, 39 views)
Old 03-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #46
Serenoli

Now, thats a difficult one, as I never really specified how he looked! But I'm on it!

Hey, the ML is good! Just needs a silver crown...

Last edited by Serenoli : 03-01-2006 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:56 PM   #47
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I thought to make all the characters look as they look every day, not in the spirit world. That's why I preferred the Hamlet to the Nazgul, though I liked the latter very much.
So no silver crown!
Old 03-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #48
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Or... we COULD even use her current look (a bit more aged) for Valandil's mother - if we want her sort of 'hovering over' him. Hmmm... wouldn't given Isildur a VERY attractive wife - esp in her Catwoman get-up.
Oh Val, Why have you never introduced your Queen-Mother *sigh*. Rian would have been perfect in this role, I think. The Chancellor would have courted her.

I feel so bad it has ended...
Old 03-01-2006, 06:18 PM   #49
Serenoli

See the link below, and tell me if that isn't the perfect Jas!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northamptonshir...dy_150x180.jpg

Old 03-01-2006, 06:22 PM   #50
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Serenoli!!

It is the MOST perfect Jas!

I will only have to change his dress for something medieval....

BB, Earniel,

NOW we only lack your Characters!
Old 03-01-2006, 06:26 PM   #51
Serenoli

It is perfect, though, isn't it? I might just as well have tailor-made it! I'm really pleased with it... Just looking at him made me laugh...

Old 03-01-2006, 08:29 PM   #52
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

No Queen Mum in the poster, please! She wasn't a character in the rpg, and it will only make the poster too crowded!

I can't wait to see what Earniel comes up with!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 03-02-2006, 05:06 PM   #53
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I had left this thread open as a curtesy to CS, normally since the game is over, a discussion thread would become redundant. I will not allow personal attacks, whether the accusations hold truth or not, I draw the line here. Closing.

Last edited by Earniel : 03-02-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:30 PM   #54
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

As a fellow Moderator, I still have posting privileges here - and I just want to use it once to say the following:

1. I completely agree with Earniel's closing of this thread and deletion of the posts she deleted.

2. I was also able, as a Moderator, to read those deleted posts. It's not that everything that was said was bad, or wrong (some of it was good, and very well said) - but it would have all only led to more fighting.

3. For my part, I regret the inaction I took in the game and discussion threads - and this time I'm talking about the inaction at moderating, not inaction at participating. Early on, we seemed to develop a culture of 'playing it a little loose' with that particular game. In retrospect, I think that was a mistake. If I had cracked down on minor offenses earlier, things might not have gotten so out of hand that everyone got as frustrated as they did. So - for my part, I am sorry for that. I hope that my lack of proper moderating did not hurt too many of your friendships too badly.

4. Regarding Point #3 - I resolve to not let it happen again. Entmoot has always been a friendly place, and we expect all members to behave accordingly. If that is not your style, we expect you to either adjust while you're here, or do your own thing somewhere else.

That's probably good enough. It was indeed a fun game - and it is sad to see it end. Let's all please just let it go, move on, and try to remain friends as best we can.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Closed Thread