Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-03-2004, 10:34 AM   #441
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
It's fun not having anyone complain about my killing nearly every character at the end .
Nehneh, I was thinking "oh look, I'm dead, didn't see that one coming" when I read the ending.

But it was a good end, a fitting end, and if Imarwyn survived the other battle then I'm sure she would appreciate the way her brother gave his life to achieve victory.

Didn't Glimdrell get killed off? I was kinda sure he was dead already. Oh well, Elves, you can't even trust them to stay dead.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:59 PM   #442
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arat-Falathion
Whether Glimdrell is still alive remains a mystery Yes, most character died. But not in vain! They gave their life for the survival of many, and that is true heroism! So indeed I felt it was a fitting end for Iriana. If Glimdrell died, then he didn't die that heroically, he let emotions drive him a little too much there
Agreed. Though it actually is somewhat in keeping with the way Tolkien portrays his elves in the Silmarillion. It's really amazing the difference between the Silmarillion elves and the LoTR ones. The Silmarillion elves hear one insult against them, and they'll cut the perpetrators head off! In LoTR, of course, they have a very different feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arat-Falathion
You never know, perhaps I'll use him again in another game. Perhaps even in another setting with other skills and better personality
And missing limbs, still?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Nehneh, I was thinking "oh look, I'm dead, didn't see that one coming" when I read the ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Didn't Glimdrell get killed off? I was kinda sure he was dead already. Oh well, Elves, you can't even trust them to stay dead.
Glad it looked that way . What was written shows merely that he got very, very busted. It never said whether he was dead or not.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote