Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2004, 09:05 PM   #1
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Questioning the Rules

Hi. I have a question regarding the rules to this forum. Let's say that I have a huge fan fic trilogy called 'Lord of the Rings: The Next Generation'" (which I don't!). Let's also pretend I wrote two short spinoffs to this series at the same time and they are ready to be posted at the same time. Can I post them at the same time or do they have to be posted seperatly since they are of the same series? Thanks!
Old 04-27-2004, 09:31 PM   #2
Elf Girl
Lurker

I imagine you can post your writing in whatever timeframe you see fit, it being *yours* to release or not. The mods would probably prefer for you to keep it all in one thread so as not to clog the forum, though.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 06:11 PM   #3
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm sure you can post it whenever you want, but if it's the same story, and posted at the same time, put it in one post.

I didn't think about it at the time, but once I put up two 'Ice Village' story/things at once as two posts, and I should've done them as one. For starters it would've made reviewing them much simpler.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 10:23 AM   #4
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yodaman
Hi. I have a question regarding the rules to this forum. Let's say that I have a huge fan fic trilogy called 'Lord of the Rings: The Next Generation'" (which I don't!). Let's also pretend I wrote two short spinoffs to this series at the same time and they are ready to be posted at the same time. Can I post them at the same time or do they have to be posted seperatly since they are of the same series? Thanks!
I'm afraid I'm not entirely following you. You have two seperate stories that are spin-offs from somebody else's story and you're asking whether you have to post those two stories in one thread or separately? Or do you mean both stories take place at the same moment in the timeline?
Old 05-03-2004, 05:41 PM   #5
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

They're spinoffs of one of my stories but they are totally different and can be read seperatly.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:00 PM   #6
Elf Girl
Lurker

I think the answer you're looking for is: you can post them at whatever time you want, but please post them all in the same thread.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 05:04 PM   #7
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Okay. One story is about the Seige of Lorien during the Battle of Pelanor fields and the other is about The battle of Dale which takes place at the same time. I was thinking about posting one tommorow and the other on Friday. I just put the name 'War of the Ring' on them since you need to read them to read the sequel, but they do not have the same characters. Please say they can be put in a seperate thread. It would be like putting a story about a Tie Fighter pilot in the same thread as a story about a Clone Trooper.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:16 PM   #8
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I don't see any problem why they can't be in two thread then.