Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-12-2004, 07:19 PM   #1
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

WOTR Interview

Here's the interview for this mega fan fiction event based on the epic video game:

d33jr: hey
Dan Yoda55: Hi
d33jr: whats the title and how does it affect the story?
Dan Yoda55: The title is War of the Ring. It's based on the video game of the same name, which takes place in the War of the RIng erra.
d33jr: Okay then...why did u decide to write this?
Dan Yoda55: I have already been writing series like this for some time (all four of them come out on the same day, 2-6-04) but I decided to do this one when I heard of the game and I though 'what a great series this would make'. My anticipation for ROTK also motivated me.
d33jr: sounds good how did the characters develope?
Dan Yoda55: Well, I thought it would be cool to set it in Mirkwood, since I think the Mirkwood elves live an awsome life. They all are based on different personalities, like the rebelious Aratloke, the stern anganca, ect. The villian, Saleme, was from the video game.
d33jr: o ok. where did u get all the info to base this on?just made it up or read somewhere?
Dan Yoda55: I got it all from the game and various Tolkien source books
d33jr: interestin how long did this take to write?
Dan Yoda55: Well, a week
d33jr: :-P neat how many times did u have to rewrite before it seemed right?
Dan Yoda55: Once
d33jr: lol. Why only once?
Dan Yoda55: Well, I beta read it and all so grammar's good, but I just love the plot.
d33jr: did u use any real life experiences/people as starting places or just completely make them up? and situations, etc for that matter
Dan Yoda55: No. Just based on the vg and my ideas.
d33jr: neat how long have you been writin storys like this or writing in generel, not school related
Dan Yoda55: Since April 2002, in the wake of the Episode II anticipation (I was 12)
d33jr: neat how much/how many have u done? and about what?
Dan Yoda55: I have done 9 (not including ones I made in 2004), and they are Star Wars, Star Trek, Gundam, Lord of the Rungs, Harry Potter, and various Marvel Comics (go to http://hometown.aol.com/danyoda55/me.html for more info)
d33jr: cool
d33jr: do u like how the story turned out? and will u write more?
Dan Yoda55: I love it. I think it's great and I think that you will love it. That all depends on the fan reaction, even though I will do another even if you say it sucks :-D
d33jr: sounds great good luck
Dan Yoda55: Thank you so much
d33jr: LOL

Go to http://hometown.aol.com/danyoda55/wotr.html for more info. Thanks