Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-29-2003, 08:57 PM   #21
Psycho Kitty
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Unbothered? Unlikely. Sauron would become aware of you relatively quickly, and would send his Nazgul to "bother" you.
ah but if the baggins had never found me and taken the ring and word had passed about me in connection with the ring then sauron and his minions would have never known. i was deep in the dark bowels of the earth. saurons eye could not see me. so how could he have found me. sauron heard about me because the ring was LOST. if it had never been taken then it may have been ages until it was actually located. and by then there certainly would have been a war and maybe sauron would be dead. and no one would ever know. remember the ring passed out of all knowledge.

We all come to terms with it at some time or another.
That beautiful feeling of being left behind.
With the Golden promise touching anothers horizion.
Being left sitting still and waiting for nothing.
Unable to move until it comes.
Psycho Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 08:35 PM   #22
elixir
Elven Warrior

Nope, I wouldn't have destroyed the Ring. I'm too weak-minded. I would have used it for my own good (as Bilbo did) and then Sauron would have found me, killed me and taken the Ring and destroyed Middle-Earth. But I don't think that anyone had been stupid enough to let me have the Ring

"We've got a wizard and we're not afraid to use him!"

HOBBITS NEEDED! Some dwarves as well !!!

elixir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2003, 09:11 PM   #23
kiwi52291
Hobbit

I would say yes I would destroy, but if I was actually faced with that situation it looks a bit more doubtful.
kiwi52291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 12:44 AM   #24
Lefty Scaevola
AngAdan

Nah, but I would not use to conquer the world. I would use to get lots of women.
Lefty Scaevola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 06:25 AM   #25
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

A billion people go to bed hungry every night: you can feed them- pick up the Ring.

Tens of millions of people will die from AIDS: you can cure them- pick up the Ring.

All over the Earth people live helplessly crushed by oppression and threatened by war- murdered, enslaved, raped; terror spreads like a plague: you can free the oppressed, establish peace and justice- pick up the Ring.

The Earth is dying from exploitation and pollution, poisons spread in our air and water, our forests and wilderness are disappearing, thousands of species are becoming extinct: you can restore our world to a green Garden again- pick up the Ring.

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 06:16 PM   #26
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

I think all we can really say is what we hope we'd do - I hope I'd be able to destroy it, but who knows? I'd probably end up nicking it. Whoops...
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 07:24 PM   #27
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

I would of course use it to kick start my career as a flamboyant burlesque singer.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 11:12 PM   #28
Ruinel
Banned

I'm pretty stubborn (if you doubt me, you could go back in time and ask my mom). If I swore to destroy The Ring at the beginning, you could bet it'd be done. Regardless of any visions I would get, or any changes between the swearing and the doing.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 07:33 PM   #29
legolialis
Hobbit

Strider

I think personally that your asking the wrong question. Because of course no one would know wheather or not they would destroy the ring. They'll never have a chance to find out. I think the real question should be whether they could even survive the quest through the old forest. most people in the world today spend little more than a week "camping", as they call it when in fact all they're doing is moving into an area with tree's because most people use campers or tents. I think people should try spending a week out in the woods with some flint, a little food, and a sword and then try to answer whether they would like to do that for a year while walking leages day in and day out
legolialis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 11:50 PM   #30
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
If I swore to destroy The Ring at the beginning, you could bet it'd be done. Regardless of any visions I would get, or any changes between the swearing and the doing.
To which I would say, "Yeah, right." You can't even resist the power of spamming, so how could you resist the ring?
Old 08-05-2003, 02:18 PM   #31
legolialis
Hobbit

Strider

sheeana, who are you talking to?
legolialis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 04:56 PM   #32
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Um, the person that I quoted right above me.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:47 AM   #33
Elrond the Wise
Sapling

I´d use the ring for my own good I to not have the strenght to destroy it anyway
Elrond the Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 02:21 PM   #34
Melonethriel
Sapling

Strider

Well, I think that I would destroy the ring. None of us can wield it, and Sauron would probably send his Nazgul out to kill me. It's been a while since I was hunted by the undead, but it isn't fun! Besides, what better excuse to go to Mordor!
And on the 'net, chat to them!
Melonethriel is offline   Reply With Quote