Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-15-2000, 04:24 AM   #1
Glorfindel 3018

Speaking of John Williams' wonderful music...

Well, methinks I must needs be revealing here. I am a college student at Purdue, and play the cello in the orchestra. At our first concert, we will be playing (among other things) "Raider's March" from the Indiana Jones movies, "Adventures on Earth" from ET, and "Hymn to the Fallen," a beautiful theme that was played at the very end (during the credits, I think) of Saving Private Ryan. All of them are great John Williams pieces.
Old 10-15-2000, 08:31 PM   #2
Salli Canaliya

Re: Speaking of John Williams' wonderful music...

Why does everyone's orchestra but mine always play cool music? (A rhetorical quetion.) Although I guess they could be here, now that I'm not in any way connected with an orchestra. That would sort of figure.

So, okay, this is a lame reply, but I've been wanting to say something in the Star Wars forum, this being an extension of a SWRPG group Ezboard account.

I keep running into Purdue lately. Probably because that is where I am going to make a complete idiot of myself in a couple of weeks. And I don't even know where it is. ::sigh::

Why, yes, I do have (boring) work I should be doing! How did you guess? (Well, I'm sure it won't be boring, once I start, but it will be long.)

Ah! I'm rambling! Better stop...
Old 10-23-2000, 07:40 PM   #3
emilsson

That's really cool. I wish they'd play more JW music in Swedish school orchestras. They never did it in my schools.
Old 12-13-2000, 06:40 AM   #4
arynetrek

my school orchestra never played John Williams - the curse of having a modern-music-challenged director. grr. they played a lot of pretty stuff, but little with real passion.

now the BAND was completely different - my sophomore year they played "gandalf" from de Meij's LotR symphony. AACK it was awesome! and the band was REALLY good that year, so they did a wonderful job on it.

one of my friends (who was in the above-mentioned band, coincidentally) is now at Purdue. (all my college friends are coming home for Xmas! woo-hoo!) if you see this, you have to tell us how your trip went. a line like "that's where i'm going to make a complete idiot out of myself in a few weeks" just begs for its story to be told...

aryne *