Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2003, 08:54 PM   #21
Balrog_of_Morgoth
Elven Warrior

If Feanor had lived and "reconciled" with Fingolfin and his hosts, I wonder how the Siege of Angband might have played out? Feanor was in Tolkien's own words, the mightiest of the Children of Illuvatar. He and Fingolfin together would have been a mighty team!

But, I also wonder how Thingol would have reacted. His wrath was very great concerning the kinslaying. War may have erupted between Beleriand and hosts of the North, and Morgoth would have been laughing his butt off as a contented spectator.
Old 04-25-2003, 07:52 PM   #22
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
But, I also wonder how Thingol would have reacted. His wrath was very great concerning the kinslaying. War may have erupted between Beleriand and hosts of the North, and Morgoth would have been laughing his butt off as a contented spectator.

Quote:
Possibly another kinslaying.
Interesting indeed.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 11:11 PM   #23
Sauron's Nagging Wife
Enting

Quote:
I think that after reading the Shibboleth of Fëanor, one comes to see this a little differently. Even thought Fingolfin gave his word that he would follow Fëanor, he never resigned to his right to claim to the King of the Ñoldor. Fëanor in seeing this never trusted his half brother, so there was a reason for leaving him in the Wastes of Araman.

The majority of the hosts of the Noldor did not favor Feanor as King. Personally, I would have followed Fingolfin or Finarfin (or, heck, Finrod or even Galadriel) but not Feanor.

I thing the hosts of Fingolfin would have kicked the collective butts of the Feanorians and rid Middle-earth of their arrogance.
At least I hope so.

Read about the Lady Legrace
Sauron's Nagging Wife is offline   Reply With Quote