Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-26-2002, 02:49 PM   #1
queen galadriel
Sapling

Location: Gladriel's palace in Valinor/Cate Blanchett's house in Sydney
A question about Anakin and the order

In episode II we view princess Amidala and Anakin getting married,if they did so then why did Anakin became Darth Vader?Oh by the way why the Jedi did not know about that senator and his plans?Especially Yoda who was so powerfull?Pls help!!!
Alaan
Sean Russell
The one kingdom
queen galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 03:36 PM   #2
Nibs
Head Hollara

"The Dark Side clouds everything..."

The Jedi are instructed to set aside their feelings. Anakin didn't. He's on his way to Darth-dom, if you catch my meaning.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 08:08 AM   #3
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
If you really want to know details check the thread for EP 3 big spoiler, but that's overkill...

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 07:05 PM   #4
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
My opinion is that the jedi kicked him out and padma left. Remeber hhow obi-wan said they'd hidden luke and leia from him?Plus jedi aren't supposed to marry, that was the reason for most of the exiles that were mention in the jedi apprentic series
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 08:32 PM   #5
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Heh, something tells me that Padme's going to leave him, and that will push him over the edge... hence why he never mentions her again.

Well, maybe.

Also, I don't see how their marriage in any way prevents him from falling to the Dark Side. If anything, it pushes him into an even riskier situation. Attachment is forbidden, and this is one heck of an attachment.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 02:58 AM   #6
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I think that it would be very annoying if the Jedi cast him out of the Order or something for that. Such a move would be wrongheaded and too harsh, even if it is just. But their doing that would give him motivation to join the Dark Side.

Padmé is a very good character, so I expect that she'll stick with him until he starts seriously succumbing to the Dark Side. Then she'll probably leave.

Quote:
Oh by the way why the Jedi did not know about that senator and his plans?Especially Yoda who was so powerfull?Pls help!!!
Darth Sidious was strong enough to hide himself with the Dark Side, and not only that, he also is strong enough to strike at the very senses of the Jedi Council. The effects are very telling in Episode 2. I also find it rather incredible that he's that strong, but his powers are seen to be on the par with the Jedi Council in Episode 6, in which you see him definitely in action using these. His containment and lack of getting involved in the brute fighting make him appear to be all the stronger, and he is a very fascinating character to watch.

It was really neat in Attack of the Clones seeing the situation develop. Everything is more discernable now than it was before, but there are still going to be a lot of plot twists (Like the hows and whys of everything) that we're as yet unaware of.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 09:19 AM   #7
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Don't you think the council would have sensed Palpatine as he developed his powers for the first time, before he was strong enough to hide them?

Aure Entuleva!

Old 11-25-2002, 07:50 PM   #8
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

No. There's nothing that says Palpatine had to be in the open as he rose to power...

And Palpatine's concealment of himself is only part of the reason the Jedi couldn't sense him. The Jedi also couldn't sense him because they were just blind to the possibility of him rising in such a fashion right beneath their noses.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 02:21 AM   #9
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Maybe, but I think it's more than their simply not expecting it. He seemed to be attacking their very powers in some unseen way. This is especially clear in Attack of the Clones. Remember how the Jedi said they should have been able to sense the Clone army (Even though they totally weren't expecting one to be created). It seems to me that the same technique which prevented them from detecting the Clone army was being used to protect Palpatine from their senses.
Old 11-26-2002, 02:08 PM   #10
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Well, right. But my point is that: wouldn't have he achieved a level of power at which he could be detected by the jedi, before he reached a level of power at which he could befuddle the jedi's senses?

Aure Entuleva!

Old 11-26-2002, 06:05 PM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

All right, I looked on the Star Wars website, so if you want the official answer, here it is:

The Sith never really died out. In the beginning, they rose and became basically an organization. However, because the Dark Side is basically founded on a lust for power, that didn't work out and the Sith were broken up; there order crumbled. However, before they died out, a Dark Jedi founded a new idea, and that was of having one master and one apprentice. That apprentice was trained until he became a master, then he took on his own apprentice, and so in secret the Sith survived.

That's the official answer. I personally prefer to think that they built themselves up, and that Palpatine probably came from a farther away planet and learned his powers there, away from the influence of the Jedi. The real answer is above, but for things that aren't specifically stated in the movies, we can make our own decisions of what happened .