Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-25-2002, 05:56 PM   #1
Brimvalir
Elven Warrior

Chewbacca

Now only god knows how Han Solo Understands Chewbacca - but why doesnt anyone else in Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, or Return of the Jedi Understand him ??

All that is gold does not glitter nor are all those who wander lost......
Brimvalir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 05:50 PM   #2
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

My friends and I call a teacher at my school, Mrs. Strow, Strowbacca. You should hear her. It is like talking to a wookie.
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 12:17 AM   #3
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Perhaps they don't speak Wookese (or whatever language wookies talk). Maybe you don't speak wookese either emplynx. By the way, is she hairy?

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 12:24 AM   #4
marajade
Sapling

Actually, Han does know how to speak Wookie, or at least understand it. Nobody else in those 3 movies speak it or understand it though.
marajade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 12:31 AM   #5
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
Maybe you don't speak wookese either emplynx. By the way, is she hairy?
don't ask.
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 01:33 AM   #6
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by emplynx

don't ask.
Women can be as hairy as they like!

*nonchalently hides razor blade*
Old 04-15-2002, 07:03 PM   #7
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Re: Chewbacca

Quote:
Originally posted by Brimvalir
Now only god knows how Han Solo Understands Chewbacca - but why doesnt anyone else in Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, or Return of the Jedi Understand him ??
Han speaks wookie cuz his nurse was one. Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin sorta understand him in the later books.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 12:22 PM   #8
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
In the HanSoloTrilogy they list the Wookie languages but I forget what they are.
Tolkien would probably know if the book had been written while he was alive.

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 03:20 PM   #9
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
There's more than one!? I didn't remember that! I've read the trilogy they are mag.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 04-18-2002, 11:41 AM   #10
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Yeah...
The Han Solo Trilogy
(10-0 years before A New Hope)

The Paradise Snare
The Hutt Gambit
Rebel Dawn

Aure Entuleva!

Old 04-18-2002, 07:53 PM   #11
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

I didn't mean books, I've read them all, I meant languages. Don't you love the way he freed Chewbacca? Who did you more his first companion or Chewbacca (at first I mean)

Old 05-06-2002, 12:03 PM   #12
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Quote:
Originally posted by TwirlingString
[B]Don't you love the way he freed Chewbacca?

Yes.

Quote:
Who did you more his first companion or Chewbacca (at first I mean)
I don't understand.

Aure Entuleva!

Last edited by Beleg Strongbow : 05-07-2002 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:42 PM   #13
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Umm... k. In the Han Solo Triology his first partner was a cat being, then he went off to get married. In book 2 he runs off with Chewie who is a slave and completely abandons all hope for an Imperial carrier.

Old 05-06-2002, 08:43 PM   #14
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants

Women can be as hairy as they like!

*nonchalently hides razor blade*
So you ARE a girl.

Old 05-07-2002, 11:46 AM   #15
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Quote:
Umm... k. In the Han Solo Triology his first partner was a cat being, then he went off to get married. In book 2 he runs off with Chewie who is a slave and completely abandons all hope for an Imperial carrier.
Oh. Murrgh. I get it. (people who mess with vB code shouldn't throw stones)

Well, I would have to say that at first Murrgh was a much more interesting character.

Aure Entuleva!

Old 06-09-2002, 05:37 PM   #16
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

I like Chewie better. Why was Murggh a more interesting character?

Old 08-05-2002, 09:56 PM   #17
Llark silverwolf
Banned

luke and others understood chewie and so did lando when he was telling him to stop strangeling him lol least i think they did i think leia did too but not really sure
Llark silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 01:03 PM   #18
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

murrgh was a baddie at first

Aure Entuleva!