Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-04-2002, 10:18 AM   #1
webwizard333
Elf Lord

Farscape

Does anyone else hear watch this fun show? My Dad and I always try to watch it together on Friday nights. I think its one of the few good series left on the sci-fi channel (started going downhill with John Edwards). It's obviously going to be around for quite some more time seeing as its so popular.
Old 08-04-2002, 04:03 PM   #2
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

that show is very weird.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 06:02 PM   #3
webwizard333
Elf Lord

So?
I will admit, though, this new season seems to have lost any sense of purpose the last ones have possessed. However, I still hope they can get it together.
Old 08-06-2002, 06:18 PM   #4
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Never heard of it.
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
==========================
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 01:01 AM   #5
Dussander
Enting

I liked Farscape up until the last two seasons, they made it raunchy. Not even a raunchy I CAN ENJOY! and mind I enjoy some...pretty raunchy stuff....Anyway.
I watched the first couple of seasons, I saw the first episode it's first ime on air man! And I quit with it.

In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends - Martin Luther King Jr.

Do or do not, there is no 'try'. - Yoda

Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Plato

In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkeness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not - KJV. John 1:4-5
Dussander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 10:22 AM   #6
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

When Farscape first cam out I was hooked - I loved it. |But then everything changed and all the characters went weired and I lost interest as I no longer knew the storyline.

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 11:06 AM   #7
Ruinel
Banned

Farscape rocks!

Farscape was one of the most innovative, imaginative shows on the air. I miss it.

Since it's final series finale I have watched continuously less TV and far less of the SciFi channel. I can't even remember the last time I tuned into the SciFi channel. Though I used to watch it religiously every Friday without fail (or at least record it to watch when I got home), and then other nights as well.

One of my favorite characters was Aeryn Sun. She was programmed from early childhood to be a soldier, but then became so much more when she chose to live as a renegade rather than die as a Peacekeeper because of her over exposure to non-Peacekeeper life forms. She is probably the most effective crewmember on board.

Second favorite character was Chiana. She rebelled against the severe conformity of her society and government by fleeing its iron grip. She learned to be very resourceful, before she joined the crew of Moya, in order to survive on her own. I like her mostly because she gives the impression at first that she isn't capable of taking care of herself, relying on others... but when backed into a corner... she kicks ass.

My least favorite characters were Jool and Jothee. Jool was the brat that John Crichton actually saved from the medical butcher block and was never really grateful for it at all.

Jothee was Ka D'Argo's son. He was another ungrateful jerk.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 01:33 PM   #8
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

I love farscape as well, Im missed a bunch of episodes though and don't know whats going on. oh well. My favourite characters are Chianna and Aeryn (sp). They kick ass. I wish they didnt take it off air though, 'cept for repeats on Space.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:35 PM   #9
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

I like that show....but i just started liking it when the show ended....:9
now only re-runs....very weird........
Giroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 01:50 PM   #10
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

Wasnt their another thread on Farscape?
Anywho, I love Farscape, I miss it. Thats one of the few shows I really got into. It was great!!
Id have to say my favorite character is Chiana. My least favorite character might be Jool. Shes really annoying...but watching it lately on re-runs again..Im getting to almost like her annoyingness.
Excellent excellent show.
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 05:10 PM   #11
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

I watch it sporadically. I keep missing it on tv. It kinda sucks because I've read up about it, and the whole concept just sounds so incredibly interesting, but I just can't get dragged in, because I always seem to catch them about half way through. I think I'm just going to have to wait for it to come out on DVD. *sigh*
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 06:34 PM   #12
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Wasn't there a thread on this already? I could have sworn...

Either way I don't like it.
Old 06-15-2003, 12:55 PM   #13
Anglorfin
Alasailon

!

FarScape was one of the only reasons I'd watch TV. (the other being Jackie Chan Adventures)

I've downloaded most of the episodes for each season off of Kazaa. I recently started watching them again from the beginning. I'm at the part where Zhaan is dying and Chiana is gettin' with D'Argo's son, Jothee.

Starke is my favorite character because he always goes nuts and panics when people might get hurt. My second fav would probably be Chiana, not only is she nice to look at but I feel sad for her because of her situation.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 01:11 PM   #14
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombadillo
Either way I don't like it.
Ah... then shut yer piehole!

Anglorfin: I didn't like it when Chiana and Jothee had the affair. Made me not like her for a while. She broke D'Argo's heart.

I really was sad to see Zhaan (Virginia Hey) leave the show. Zhaan was such an interesting character. Far better than any of the other characters they introduced later. I think the writers introduced Noranti as a substitute for her, but she really was able up take Zhaan's place.

Last edited by Ruinel : 06-15-2003 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-15-2003, 04:20 PM   #15
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Yeah poor D'Argo. it was crazy how he branded Jothee with the trust/loyalty/honor tatoo symbol after he found out about it. Those episodes also really made me hate Rygel.

Ruinel, did you see the episode from the newest season where Scorpius takes all of them to the guy who can strengthen their minds? It's the one where D'Argo finds out what really happened to his wife and how she died. Sofar that was my favorite D'Argo episode because he was forced to use the power of his mind and not just his body.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Old 06-15-2003, 06:32 PM   #16
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Anglorfin
Ruinel, did you see the episode from the newest season where Scorpius takes all of them to the guy who can strengthen their minds? It's the one where D'Argo finds out what really happened to his wife and how she died. Sofar that was my favorite D'Argo episode because he was forced to use the power of his mind and not just his body.
Yes... I remember that. It was a shock that it was...
her own brother!
I thought maybe there was someone else involved in it or maybe even
D'Argo DID kill her but not of his own free will or something.
Then in the end... WOW! And all b/c
of Makton (the brother, this might not be his name, though I forgot it), like other Sebaceans, thought that Sebaceans should not marry/mate with other races.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:17 PM   #17
Anglorfin
Alasailon

I always find it funny how Scorpius is half Sebbacean, half Scarran.

The Scarrans, when exerting themselves, either physically or mentally for any extended period of time tend to emit a lot of extra heat. On the other hand, Sebbaceans can experience heat delirium which can be fatal if the heat reaches extreme levels for them. Interesting little problem for Scorpy.

Old 06-16-2003, 12:28 PM   #18
Ruinel
Banned

yes... that's why he had those screw in jars in his head. To keep the heat from overloading him.

The most interesting thing was that Scorpius was half Sebacean and half Scarran and yet he rose pretty high in the Peacekeeper ranks (not quite sure if that would be the right word, since he wasn't really in the military directly, was he?). Sebaceans have severe racial prejudices about such matters. Though, he was a great asset to them. Perhaps that's why they looked the other way.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:16 PM   #19
Anglorfin
Alasailon

I think Scorpius was their top scientific researcher in almost every field. Plus he is very decieving. I am sure he bargained with the Peacekeepers somehow, he seems to be good at that sort of thing. It's kept him alive for a very long time. His mind is very sharp, and his pain threashold is incredible. he is the strength and brutality of a Scarran coupled with Sebbacean intellect. He is sinister to the core because he has to be in order to keep himself alive.

Last edited by Anglorfin : 06-16-2003 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:48 PM   #20
Ruinel
Banned

Very true.

It was weird when Sikozu started siding with Scorpius (in the later season, when Scorpius takes refuge with Moya's crew).

I liked her hair when it was all curled up on her head.