Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2002, 09:16 PM   #21
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

1. yes, i would definitely watch a 9 or 12 hour movie marathon. for LOTR i don't need toilet breaks, just give me a bucket! heh hoom hrm just kidding!

2. an entmoot screening would be spectacular, although i don't know about national entmoots. hello aussie entmooters? where are you hiding my little hobbitses?
luinilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 09:18 PM   #22
Gerbil
Elf Lord

It appears that everyone is happy enough to see the films even when they know them already like the back of their hand.

I wonder if LotR will end up like the Rocky Horror Picture Show, where we 'ad-lib' in our own comments (thinks like 'he's behind you' in Moria, and 'Shut the **** up' whenever Pippin speaks
Old 01-16-2002, 09:28 PM   #23
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

dear god let it never be like that! ok rocky horror has it's own merits (i don't want to offend rocky horror fans! ) but it's an entirely different culture (or perhaps i should leave it as "a different cult")! i guess the benefit would be LOTR would be shown every friday night at midnight
Old 01-16-2002, 09:46 PM   #24
Gerbil
Elf Lord

I take it you don't want to see the pics of me going to Rocky Horror Picture Show then?

Personally I think it's funny as hell - getting involved with films is just so cool. Although I don't do it myself, I recall how cool it's been when I went to see LotR and people clapped and cheered when errrrrr evil Uruk-hai bit the dust at end, and I was particularly affected by the innocence of one little girl asking why Gandalf had to die and then crying...

I must admit, I wish UK audiences were a bit more like US ones - I'd love to shout and cheer through the film - there's certain scenes where I'm grinning like an idiot through anticipation, and just wish I could scream out loud in sheer enjoyment!
Old 01-16-2002, 11:12 PM   #25
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

i don't know what UK or US audiences are like, but i guess most AUS audiences are pretty sedate. except moronic teenagers laughing at penis jokes in american pie. (yes i did go see it... shame) *sigh*

although the crowd gets pretty rowdy at rocky horror. i don't think there are any pics of me - i haven't gone since i was 13 (sugar that's less then 5 years ago!) my brother performed the time warp in front of the screen.
Old 01-16-2002, 11:13 PM   #26
Nibs Cotton
Sapling

I doubt there were to many that dressed up,for FOTR(I didn't see a single person),but I wonder if many will for TTT?
Nibs Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 11:15 PM   #27
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Waaaaaiit a sec...didn't someone else (jerseydevil) post this same topic like two days ago? Humph

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 11:17 PM   #28
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by luinilwen
i don't know what UK or US audiences are like, but i guess most AUS audiences are pretty sedate. except moronic teenagers laughing at penis jokes in american pie. (yes i did go see it... shame) *sigh*

Don't be too hard on 'em. For most teenagers there's not a lot else they'd understand

Quote:
although the crowd gets pretty rowdy at rocky horror. i don't think there are any pics of me - i haven't gone since i was 13 (sugar that's less then 5 years ago!) my brother performed the time warp in front of the screen.
Oh YEAH!
I REMEMBER.....
DOIN THE TIME WARP!

*ahem*
I have pics. But I don't have them online anymore. There's just something about hairy legs in fishnets that doesn't do anything for most people

*does some maths*
So that makes you less than 18. Practically a generation apart from me
Old 01-16-2002, 11:30 PM   #29
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

only barely under 18! and in australia 18 is the magical age, where you are an adolescent one night and you transform into an adult on your 18th birthday! personally i hate not being able to go see bands due to some arbitrary benchmark that says i'm "too young". i'm more responsible then some people twice my age. but i guess there's no other way to govern it.

hey at least the "legal age" isn't 33! poor little hobbits! hey does that mean i'm like pippin? haven't quite come of age yet...
Old 01-17-2002, 10:09 AM   #30
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Just *pooomping* this thread to the top so it's next to the other, almost identical thread JD just started

As for watching FotR and TTT back to back, just buy FotR on DVD, it's got to come out around then cos it'll feed off the old marketing and hype.
Old 01-18-2002, 02:56 PM   #31
Play Girl
Elven Warrior

Has anyone here heard of "Sing-along-a-sound-of-music"?
What it is is you go to a theatre where a giant cinema screen has been set up and the whole idea is to get involved with the movie. You are encouraged to dress up - when I went I saw a bus of germans and three coaches of nuns! - and you get handed out a pack. When various caracter come on scree those who are dressed as them get up on stage and mimik the actions. We had about 16 women swinging guitar cases and dancing on the stage at once! It was realy cool!
So how about something like that for LotR. Everyone dressed as the Fellowship could wander about the stage. Everone could get elven leaf clasps. We could all yell "cheep" when the woman goes mad in Lothlorien. We could ...
Well i think i am getting a bit carried away now!
Play Gilr

Frodo lives!
Play Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 03:31 AM   #32
Luthien Tinuviel
Hobbit

My plan is to have all my girl and guy friends over for a huge LOTR watching marathon, when the third one comes out. Just watch watch watch. Very fun...
Of stars in shadow shimmering.
TinĂºviel was dancing there
To music of a pipe unseen,
And light of starts was in her hair,
And in her raiment glimmering

There Beren came from mountains cold,
And lost he wandered under leaves,
And where the Elven-river rolled.
He walked alone and sorrowing.
He peered between the hemlock-leaves
And saw in wonder flowers of gold
Upon her mantle and her sleeves,