Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Hobbit (book)
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2000, 01:17 AM   #1
Dukefan

If you read The Hobbit, I need your help

School project: We're essentially supposed to pick a book, read it, and write a page-long summary including info on the author and his inspiration, list of characters, summary of plot, and (the hardest part), a bunch of insights, analytical thoughts, profound statements, relevations, etc. Now before you accuse me of cheating I HAVE READ THE ENTIRE BOOK. Granted, it was kinda hard for me to follow, but I got through it. I only need help with two parts:

1) Info on the author. If anyone knows any sites that SHORT biographies of Tolkien, or can supply me with info, I'd appreicate it.

2) Relevations, realizations, etc, that kind of thing. Like the kind of stuff you would read about in Cliffs Notes and Monarch Notes (why don't they put one out for fantasy books, huh?) The sheet says it's ok to use any sort of reference we can get. And in all honesty, I couldn't really come up with anything PROFOUND (that's the word it says on the instruction sheet), so I need help.

I can do the plot myself, since I read the book.

A few more things: It's due this Wednesday (17th) so please hurry.
And I also need to do some kind of presentation about it to the class,where I might use props or whatever. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.