Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2002, 12:46 AM   #11
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Ok, here's my 2 cents, buck fifty, euro, peice of eight, what have you.

I always end up confused when I think about the dwarves. What I found particularly interesting about them was the way the rings affected them, makeing their greed for gold greater, but not corrupting them to evil. They are probably the most enduring of the races (although you could argue for the hobbits) and the contributed not a little to the overthrow of Sauron. I find their personal history intriguing (the Battle of Azanulbizar I found very interesting) the can be almost as surprising as hobbits, and yet at the same time are utterly predictable. They seem to make me think in hypocrisies; I love their secret nature, why do they not teach anyone their language? And I wish I knew more about them, but at the same time, if we knew more about them I probably would not find them half so interesting. Anything that can make me think like that deserves my attention. (I LIKE to confuse myself, lol) They are JRRT's wild card, something put in rather randomly that makes people think, much as they were for Illuvatar, not being part of the Music and his Origional Plan.
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote