Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2014, 02:37 AM   #1
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

doctors found a mass in my abdomen - I'll be gone for ??

Hello dear fellow Mooters!

The doctors found a very large mass in my abdomen yesterday, which explains a lot of my symptoms over the last few months, and they are fast-tracking me to surgery - I was at doctors and labs all day today, getting bits and pieces taken off and tested. I'm guessing the surgery will be next week, because they are "stat"-ing everything. We don't know if it's benign or malignant yet, or where it came from. One bit of possible good news - at first we thought it was on an ovary, which is very bad news, but now they aren't sure. I'll probably find out Monday.

I don't know if or when I'll be back. I'm very weak to begin with, and ... well, I just don't know what will happen, so I just wanted to say good-bye either for good or for a while. I'm SO grateful I found the Moot, and the many, many wonderful people here. You guys have meant so much to me, and I treasure so many memories from here - there are so many good and kind and thoughtful and smart and funny people here, and I've learned so much and had so much fun. You guys have been by me in the rough times, and we've had fun together in the good times. And thanks to Ben for starting this wonderful place!

Keep the Teacup Cafe open for me, and I thank God for you all. You really have meant a great deal to me.

Love,
Rian

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 04-19-2014 at 02:38 AM.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote